Cannon county football

BigPun

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croach-you need to check your facts a little bit, the Shelbyville assistant made the statement, that he was only using CC to practice going through the interview process. No disrespect to him, if thats what he wanted to do, then no problem here. My point is, we have a fine football coach here now. Sure, I don't agree with some decisions, but what coach are you always in full agreement with (especially play calling)? Give me a break! Get off the man's back and support the coach we have. IMO, despite too many darn on-side kicks, I believe he is fine. I also believe we should be thankful we have someone willing to put the time and effort into our program the way he does. His time and effort is positively building the program, what are you doing with your time and effort?

Wildcat, hope you didn't believe I wasn't supportive in any earlier posts.

Croach-you need to check your facts a little bit, the Shelbyville assistant made the statement, that he was only using CC to practice going through the interview process. No disrespect to him, if thats what he wanted to do, then no problem here. My point is, we have a fine football coach here now. Sure, I don't agree with some decisions, but what coach are you always in full agreement with (especially play calling)? Give me a break! Get off the man's back and support the coach we have. IMO, despite too many darn on-side kicks, I believe he is fine. I also believe we should be thankful we have someone willing to put the time and effort into our program the way he does. His time and effort is positively building the program, what are you doing with your time and effort?

I did not know Cannon Counties schedule, but my first year in coaching was with Randy Reese from Warren East High School. The 2 previous seasons his team went 2-8 each year. He felt it was necessary to on-side-kick every time we could because we didn't match up well with the teams we played. We got 58% of those on-side-kicks that season. Part of why we did it was because we were terrible recovering and the other it gave us a chance to get the ball faster because we had one heck of an offense. That team went 7-3 and had its first winning season. Coach Reese had won a state championship in 3A years before. We averaged 38 points a game, but gave up an average of 34. Lost to the state champs that year 43-38 (Hopkinsville, KY). I didn't coach with them the nest year, but again they went 7-3 and lost to that same team in the first round again. When I coached with Coach Brown at Lebanon, he was guttsie too. The year we went 8-2 it seemed we had a on-side-kick every game or a fake punt. Again, a very guttsie coach. I believe you must put your team in winning situations. Some times you must take untraditional methods to win.

Maybe you need to check your facts... the Shelbyville coach was willing to take the job, because it was closer to his home than Shelbyville. All he needed was a little extra money to make it an afordable move. The point I am trying to make is that we do not have a fine football coach here. We passed on too many fine football coaches for a guy that runs a certain formation. We have what is referred to as a "players coach." He wants too much for the players to like him... "let's be friends!... see you on World of Warcraft!...I'll add you to my facebook!"

And what do i spend my time and effort doing? How about risking my life and the lives of people below me to insure that you can sleep at night and you have freedom!

Maybe you need to check your facts... the Shelbyville coach was willing to take the job, because it was closer to his home than Shelbyville. All he needed was a little extra money to make it an afordable move. The point I am trying to make is that we do not have a fine football coach here. We passed on too many fine football coaches for a guy that runs a certain formation. We have what is referred to as a "players coach." He wants too much for the players to like him... "let's be friends!... see you on World of Warcraft!...I'll add you to my facebook!"

And what do i spend my time and effort doing? How about risking my life and the lives of people below me to insure that you can sleep at night and you have freedom!

Now now, slow your role Croach. Bartsch is far from being a players coach. Trust me. I've seen this first hand. Very close to the program. When the whole team pretty much dont like you, how can you be a players coach? Your not. And the hiring of him was pretty much based on the fact that he ran the wing-t. Thats what the team wanted. They felt they could have some success with it since that is what the seniors had been in for 3 years and had lots of good things happen out of the year before. But what he brought to the table wasnt what they had in mind. And as for the guy from Shelbyville. I've had personal conversations with him, haha he's a joke. Cannon would have been even worse with the hire of him. I mean, he's a good guy and may someday make a good coach. But that time has not came yet. Good luck to him in the future. But ill say this as my last words. I thought this all along. The assistant coach from last season Matt Daniel should have gotten the job.

As for the Coach from Shelbyville, we will have to agree to disagree, I discussed this with him personally. Now don't get too dramatic on me in terms of time and effort, I simply meant towards the Fball Program. So I take it your in the Military, so I will Whole-Heartedly tell you thanks for all you do for our Country.

If you actually knew anything about Bartsch you DEFINITELY would not be calling him a "players coach". Bartsch could care less if any of his players like him...heck ask the players this year and I am 100% positive they will back that up. Oh, and who cares if you risk your life for whatever...that doesn't give you the right to talk bad about a man that is trying to do good.

I care that he risks his life. We all should care. Poor choice of words edge. I know what you meant but saying don't care is a little harsh. Things work themselves out in the end. I believe there is a plan in place for everyone, may not always get your way, but the plan is there nonetheless. I hope, CCHS gets on track. Good luck next year, and see you guys May 15th.

I care that he risks his life. We all should care. Poor choice of words edge. I know what you meant but saying don't care is a little harsh. Things work themselves out in the end. I believe there is a plan in place for everyone, may not always get your way, but the plan is there nonetheless. I hope, CCHS gets on track. Good luck next year, and see you guys May 15th.

Where will this game be at coach? And i hope CC can get everything straight. Times have been rough around woodbury here lately. I hope they can get things going the right way, and get the kids back on track. In order to have any success they are just gonna have to believe in what they are running. I know its not easy but they need to just do as he says and move on. Because if your going to try and fight it, its just going to make times that much harder. So lets get this thing rolling the right way. Otherwise it could be a long long season.

GO LIONS!!!!!

Where will this game be at coach? And i hope CC can get everything straight. Times have been rough around woodbury here lately. I hope they can get things going the right way, and get the kids back on track. In order to have any success they are just gonna have to believe in what they are running. I know its not easy but they need to just do as he says and move on. Because if your going to try and fight it, its just going to make times that much harder. So lets get this thing rolling the right way. Otherwise it could be a long long season.

GO LIONS!!!!!

The game will be at Sequatchie. I believe it will start at 6.

From what i've been told the coach now was no where near the first pick of the litter

cannon had plenty of apps for the job but for some reason they hired a freshman coach to

run a program which had new life in it, just to run it right back in the ground.thats just my opinion.

I agree. Might as well hired ole Bluemette lol. But there was plenty of applications in. Just none that fit the likings of the hiring committee. The job was offered to 2 or 3 guys before him. I know two of which were out of state. But the money just wasnt right for them to make that move to Cannon. So we settled for a freshman coach that was close by