and the new head football coach at Munford is...

MarkH

They have made their decision; these interviews are just formalities. Matt Saunders is the new coach and will start in January.

A lot of people are upset with the decision by Darry Marshall and wish to have Wayne Randall reinstated. Darry's boy Saunders might be the new coach, but this is far from being over. This is just the beginning. Saunders is walking into Darry's mind games and won't last any longer than the rest of past coaches under Darry's tenure. WE NEED A CHANGE AT MUNFORD HIGH SCHOOL AND I DON'T MEAN WITH THE COACHING STAFF. It seems to me Marshall is the Jerry Jones of Munford - HE NEEDS TO LET THE COACHES DO THEIR JOB without his interference. Parents, students, faculty and the community need to work together and make this change happen. You might want to catch the Covington Leader editorial section. There have been a few articles already written with more to come concerning this situation.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people are upset with the decision by Darry Marshall and wish to have Wayne Randall reinstated. Darry's boy Saunders might be the new coach, but this is far from being over. This is just the beginning. Saunders is walking into Darry's mind games and won't last any longer than the rest of past coaches under Darry's tenure. WE NEED A CHANGE AT MUNFORD HIGH SCHOOL AND I DON'T MEAN WITH THE COACHING STAFF. It seems to me Marshall is the Jerry Jones of Munford - HE NEEDS TO LET THE COACHES DO THEIR JOB without his interference. Parents, students, faculty and the community need to work together and make this change happen. You might want to catch the Covington Leader editorial section. There have been a few articles already written with more to come concerning this situation.

I played for Marshall and he was this way back then.

Randall wasn't the answer for Munford. Wish him well and let Darry do his job and hire the best possible coach out there. If Saunders is anything like Freeze, He will have Munford competitive in no time. Speaking of Hugh Freeze.... There is mounting speculation that he could be on the Tennessee staff by the end of the week. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Randall wasn't the answer for Munford. Wish him well and let Darry do his job and hire the best possible coach out there. If Saunders is anything like Freeze, He will have Munford competitive in no time. Speaking of Hugh Freeze.... There is mounting speculation that he could be on the Tennessee staff by the end of the week. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I wouldn't go so far as to say Randall wasn't the answer because he did turn the program around. Now there may have been some things he did that were unorthodox or something but saying he was'nt the answer don't know about that. I think he ruffled to many feathers outside of the Munford program by not wanting the play in the M and M bowl anymore. I hope Marshall does hire someone good because anybody wants to see there alma mater successful. However they could go out and hire Urban Meyer and my opinion of Darry Marshall would never change.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Randall wasn't the answer because he did turn the program around. Now there may have been some things he did that were unorthodox or something but saying he was'nt the answer don't know about that. I think he ruffled to many feathers outside of the Munford program by not wanting the play in the M and M bowl anymore. I hope Marshall does hire someone good because anybody wants to see there alma mater successful. However they could go out and hire Urban Meyer and my opinion of Darry Marshall would never change.

you are probably one of those guys that did not get to play because the coach didn't like you and never gave you a chance.

you are probably one of those guys that did not get to play because the coach didn't like you and never gave you a chance.

Actually to be honest with you I did not play until my senior year and then I was the backup free safety to Dernice Wherry. My playing time has nothing to do with anything. Yeah I did not play much but I have become a pretty decent high school football coach. Everybody has their own opinion and I think I am entitled to the fact that I just do not like Darry Marshall very much. I don't hate the man just not a big fan. There were other things that occurred during that time that led me to not like him very much even then when I played. Was that a good response tater or was I suppose to get angry or something? You obviously like the guy, good for you. Your opinion and no one is bashing you for it.

Actually to be honest with you I did not play until my senior year and then I was the backup free safety to Dernice Wherry. My playing time has nothing to do with anything. Yeah I did not play much but I have become a pretty decent high school football coach. Everybody has their own opinion and I think I am entitled to the fact that I just do not like Darry Marshall very much. I don't hate the man just not a big fan. There were other things that occurred during that time that led me to not like him very much even then when I played. Was that a good response tater or was I suppose to get angry or something? You obviously like the guy, good for you. Your opinion and no one is bashing you for it.

of course you are entitled to your opinion I'm just trying to figure out why you do not like the guy. from my experience the guys who get alot of playing time love their coaches and the ones who don't tend to not like them. not trying to make you mad just stating my opinion.

of course you are entitled to your opinion I'm just trying to figure out why you do not like the guy. from my experience the guys who get alot of playing time love their coaches and the ones who don't tend to not like them. not trying to make you mad just stating my opinion.

Oh ok I was just wondering. No I am definitely not one of those guys because I knew at the time I was not as good as Dernice. I have coached kids like that who hate their coaches because they feel they should get more playing time. There were just some things that had happened that he did not handle very well. So I guess I should thank him because it taught me to not do some of the same things he did when I have to deal with the same issues.

i dont understand why Randall isnt the answer when he won more games in his first two years than the last ten combined. and the only one ive heard say that he wasnt the answer was darry marshall. the rest of the community is for Randall. Marshall is just up to his usual way, His way or the Highway.

Coach Randall is what changed Munford football even with the losing season he just had.. The coaches can only show the players the way to win but they cant play the game for them.. I played for Randall in 06-07 and he knew how to play the game and how to win and thats just what he did the first two yrs he was there.. As for Darry Marshall he was my principal so as a football coach i cant judge him tho he made it to state.. but as a principal i hated the man and in my opinion he in messin the school up and ruinin the football program by bringing in once again another coach with a different style of playing then the munford players are used to.. i know i hated when Glenn Ryan left and Coach Randall come in.

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious to know the opinion of Marshall and Randall up there? Does everyone like Marshall and how good a job did people think Randall was doing? What is the problem up there? I still think it is a good job but I am a little biased.

That program will go back to winning 2 games a year tops without Randall. Marshall has hired a coach every two or so years so who do you think is the problem there? Isn't he responsible for making the hires?The guy is an idiot. They don't even have a third of the talent there that they had when Marshall was the HC. As for Johnson, that's laughable. The freshmen team couldn't even line up right much less compete. It has been a major drop off from developing the players and just pure football knowledge since Criswell and Fisher left.