Dyer County vs. Ripley

01choctawfan

Could someone post some details???????????

Dyer Co. 15 20 16 18 - 69

Ripley 15 17 13 21 - 66

Dyer County (69) - Rex Pierce 22, Cedric James 12, Fred Yarbrough 10, C.J. Crittendon 11, Hudson 8, Williamson 2, Adams 2, Gross 2.

Ripley (66) - Niko Alston 22, James Cohill 22, Lee 8, Wright 6, Harris 5, D. Alston 3.

3-pointers: R - Wright 2, D. Alston, Harris. Records: D 6-0, R 2-4.

Thanks yankees!!! Still wanna hear some details from someone who was at the game about defense, rebounding, clutch plays...ya know...all that good stuff!!!!!! What were DC's weaknesses this game and what were their improvements??????? Unfortunately some of us get stuck at home for some of the away games!!

[/quote

WHAT I GATHER FROM DC IS BASICALLY YOUTH.THE GUARDS FROM RIPLEY BLEW PAST DC'S GUARDS ALL NIGHT.OUR PRESS IS NOT CLICKING LIKE IT SHOULD.LAST YEAR DC WOULD SCORE 20 TO 30 POINTS A GAME OFF TURNOVERS CAUSED BY THE PRESS, BUT NOT THIS YEAR.FOOT MOVEMENT IS A LITTLE SLOW AND THE KIDS ABILITY TO READ THE PASSING LANES ARE LACKING.YOU CAN TELL DC IS YOUNG AT TIMES AND AT TIMES DC LOOKS GOOD.BASKETBALL IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST HUSTLE IT ALSO ABOUT DEVELOPING A BASKETBALL IQ.MY TAKE ON DC, IS THAT THEY WILL LOOK BETTER AS THE SEASON PROGRESS.ALOT OF YOUNG TALENT THAT NEEDS EXPERIENCE.

Thanks yankees!!! Still wanna hear some details from someone who was at the game about defense, rebounding, clutch plays...ya know...all that good stuff!!!!!! What were DC's weaknesses this game and what were their improvements??????? Unfortunately some of us get stuck at home for some of the away games!!

WHAT I GATHER FROM DC IS BASICALLY YOUTH.THE GUARDS FROM RIPLEY BLEW PAST DC'S GUARDS ALL NIGHT.OUR PRESS IS NOT CLICKING LIKE IT SHOULD.LAST YEAR DC WOULD SCORE 20 TO 30 POINTS A GAME OFF TURNOVERS CAUSED BY THE PRESS, BUT NOT THIS YEAR.FOOT MOVEMENT IS A LITTLE SLOW AND THE KIDS ABILITY TO READ THE PASSING LANES ARE LACKING.YOU CAN TELL DC IS YOUNG AT TIMES AND AT TIMES DC LOOKS GOOD.BASKETBALL IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST HUSTLE IT ALSO ABOUT DEVELOPING A BASKETBALL IQ.MY TAKE ON DC, IS THAT THEY WILL LOOK BETTER AS THE SEASON PROGRESS.ALOT OF YOUNG TALENT THAT NEEDS EXPERIENCE.

You and I seem to be on the same page /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ...I've said the same thing numerous times about the youth. The only thing that remedies that is experience. I think people seem to forget HOW MUCH DC lost. The younger talent will be SOMETHING else by their senior year.

the refs seemed to be real tough on cj cuz he didnt do much.

dc didnt steal as many as normally. and there was a few bad turnovers. careless stuff ya know?

Ripley's number 10 was really good! lots of 3's