DEFENSIVE STATS

EYEZONBBALL

I didn't mean to make anyone mad just trying to be honest in my opinion. I'm sorry!! Phargis i have gathered many stats from your posts and for that i am thankful. I would love to see the stats we are all asking for in this topic but it would be nice to see the teams use what tools coachT has in place now (rosters etc.... )The Tennessean paper isn't the most complete information but they try to provide us with box scores on most schools the next day. We're lucky to have them cover as much high school sports as they do. For that i give them A+. Most stats from high schools and colleges are taken from game film which sometimes is not viewed until a couple days later. So for now lets keep the posts coming and good luck to all!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to make anyone mad just trying to be honest in my opinion. I'm sorry!! Phargis i have gathered many stats from your posts and for that i am thankful. I would love to see the stats we are all asking for in this topic but it would be nice to see the teams use what tools coachT has in place now (rosters etc.... )The Tennessean paper isn't the most complete information but they try to provide us with box scores on most schools the next day. We're lucky to have them cover as much high school sports as they do. For that i give them A+. Most stats from high schools and colleges are taken from game film which sometimes is not viewed until a couple days later. So for now lets keep the posts coming and good luck to all!

Good posts and i do agree that rosters would be a good place to start with uniform numbers. Evidently many C/U are now are posting stats on the fly and they are available at the end of the game or even during the game. I find that it takes someone pretty good to do that. I am going to try to expand 7AAA this year and get as many unofficial stats in as possible. It was tried in the past but sometimes disagreements got in the way Someone in 7AAA will tell me if enough is enough. The real way to do it is to do it on Site with a PDA or computer and download the unofficial results to Media's. I don't think that the High Schools have enough confidence in the results to do that. I may be mistaken.

I'm not against the posting of these stats. I 'm all for it but the problem is it usually comes from one of the parents from an individual team that only goes to their childs games and posts about their team. Jazzymom we played ya'll a couple weeks ago at your house and my daughter got the job of guarding Laquinta. She knows her role and yes she does accecpt it. 4th qtr we're down by 7 and my daughter on 3 trips down the floor hit back to back 3's and knocked down 2 at the line to give us the lead for the first time of the game. I didn't see my daughters name or number on here or anywhere else. Your team doesn't even have a roster posted on this website. Your local paper (the daily news journal) said you lost but didn't even give the score much less stats. Again, i'm not against you or anyone else on posting stats i'm all for it. But it's offensive numbers of the Laquinta's and the AA Miss basketball Davis's (which i'm very proud) that give my daughter and yours the chance to be seen by coaches on the next level. Again please don't take this the wrong way i'm just trying to get more fans to the gyms to see what i've been enjoying way before my daughters time. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!

luvhoops....

Ok did I miss something.....I posted because I was making the statement that those defensive players that do the little things make BIG things happen, SO, if you know those players & you want to give them so recognition, then do so!!

The rest of your post regarding the DNJ or LaVergne's roster not being posted, does not have anything to do with the people who would like to recognize the "defensive players" for doing the "little vital" things that sometimes go unnoticed.

I think the person that started this thread was really speaking in terms of coaches not reporting the defensive stats to the Tennessean and wanted to know why this was not being done. My intial reply was not to anyone specific but just to say those player that work hard defensively know who they are & should take pride in what they do, just as the players who are recognized for their scoring.

IMO, the Tennessean is excellent and while not totally complete, is as good as one could expect. Getting the information sent in is almost 100% and they provide a great service for that as well as the box scores. they have the same problem with minor stats which schools may not have accumulated at time of end of play. Maybe some schools are not confident of some of the stats and rather not post them. Thats all right. Someday, the HS stats peeps will sit at the scorers table and provide computer driven stats that have the information you are wanting. it will take training.

Most would agree that it's tough enough to find someone competent to keep the scorebook, let alone someone who really knows what a true assist or a team rebound is. Most kids can't keep a basic shot chart or turnovers. The coaches know who do the "intangiables" and they are very important to a successful team. We've been fortunate ant JPII to have gone to the state 3 of the last 4 years with no one averaging more than 13.0 ppg while being in the top 10 midstate in all schools for least ppg given up.

IMO, the Tennessean is excellent and while not totally complete, is as good as one could expect. Getting the information sent in is almost 100% and they provide a great service for that as well as the box scores. they have the same problem with minor stats which schools may not have accumulated at time of end of play. Maybe some schools are not confident of some of the stats and rather not post them. Thats all right. Someday, the HS stats peeps will sit at the scorers table and provide computer driven stats that have the information you are wanting. it will take training.

Whoever post these stats on the Tennessean has not gotten them right for our school yet. There is a player that I know of that her points were counted for a girl that was injured and never left the bench three games in a row. The girl that scored the points never got the credit. The girl on the bench scored all the points and never left the bench. You cant always rely on those stats much less any others. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />