Coalfield @ OS

supergeek2130

You are so right coalfield won that game buy all rites just look at the first half scoring ,it is sad when the official will do that for some one there is a tape and i also think it should be reviewed . I believe that had it been called fair coalfield would have beat them like they did last year . I had told several players before the game not to even get close to kayla you cant even act like your gonna touch her you will get fouled,Miclelle if your that scared she is gonna get hurt or that a loss to such a small school is gonna hurt her record sit her down .i think the coalfield girls did an excellent job ,good job to AJ #23 AND DANIELLE#45 guarding kayla last nite you both did awesome .I do believe Danielle was the one that shut her down last year GOOD GAME LADY JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My question is to either Coalfield or OS people: Is there any difference in Kayla's play this year as opposed to last year? If so,, of course what... I am going to the OS next Friday night to see them play the former State tourney mainstay team ---Oneida. If Coal field has played them are they any better than last year (Oneida)? I have read where they had coaching problems up there a week or so ago. How will they match up versus Kayla and Co.? Lastly, it appears your game vs. OS was close,,, has Coalfield improved??.. and if so, what are some of the improvements other than maturity? I would like to have some thoughts before I venture over to the Land of OS. Do you anticipate a trip back to Murfreesboro for OS? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is to either Coalfield or OS people: Is there any difference in Kayla's play this year as opposed to last year? If so,, of course what... I am going to the OS next Friday night to see them play the former State tourney mainstay team ---Oneida. If Coal field has played them are they any better than last year (Oneida)? I have read where they had coaching problems up there a week or so ago. How will they match up versus Kayla and Co.? Lastly, it appears your game vs. OS was close,,, has Coalfield improved??.. and if so, what are some of the improvements other than maturity? I would like to have some thoughts before I venture over to the Land of OS. Do you anticipate a trip back to Murfreesboro for OS? /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Kayla's play is a solid ball players game. She has matured on the floor and her decisions are maybe some smarter.Shes gonna have off games like everyone else. Not every one can put up the talk that she does and come out without feeling it. She has 2-3 people(is still averaging 20+ pts.) on her every game and handles herself accordingly. The rest of the girls on the Oliver Springs team have really stepped up in a challenge thats being made to them by all the people that are not OS fans. Its taking pressure off Kayla also. There are 6 players that can average in double figures and thats what it takes to win a game along with defense. Coalfield lost one player, OS lost 2 players and the difference is Newberry was a player that led and was a sleeper(meaning she produced when she needed to and you could bank on her presence on the floor) OS players had alot of playing time up to being seniors and both were huge contributing factors. Now having said that the Coalfield girls are a well rounded team and you add the Jordan girl in the mix and you come up with a good ball club. Jordan and Christopher are ball players that contribute to a game all the time and its hard to hold them under 10 I don't care who you are. The officials won"t give Kayla a call when she goes in the middle and gets fouled hardly ever. She absolutely has to be mauled in order to get a call. Most of the officials hate to come to OS because of the harassment they get from the fans. I'm sure you can ask any of them about it and get that answer. As far as that game being one sided, believe me, there is no way that it was. Coalfield was giving and getting it. If they had called everything it would have been a 4 hour game!!! It was consistently bad on both sides! I think its goona be a hard row for OS girls to hoe to get to the State Tourney, but the chances are good. Coalfield should prob be there also. That says alot for the East Tennessee area and lets give these atheletes credit where it is due. Keep the trash out of the stands and let the girls play ball abd the coaches coach without people yelling out their names personally. I can understand the student section having a part in it (like them saying every time Kayla got the ball "moma boy") But the fans getting on here and posting like the one did prior to this about the coach being afraid that her daughter was going to get hurt so she should sit her down? Whats that about? I think its a nasty thing to say, and thats my opinion.... I say good luck to 2 of the best teams within 25 miles of each other and hope to see them both in Murfeesboro!!

Personally, I think the fans should stay out of the game when the game is being played. The way the fans were yelling at the players and coaches last night is unacceptable. The game is played between the four lines not outside them. It's not good for the kids on the court to be hearing and seeing all this stuff. I think the people who are in the stands should keep their mouths shut and let the players and coaches take care of their jobs.

On the other hand, I didn't think from watching the game last night that it was noticeably one-sided. Yes there were some calls that went for OS, but there was also calls that went for Coalfield too. Coalfield came out very hot and determined to win. In my opinion, the two technicals for Coalfield is what turned the game around. The game last night was very physical, and it looked to me like the Coalfield girls lost composure when OS kept theirs. I do believe this comes from OS's experience and leadership.

As for the future, the Morgan County Sheriff's better be ready for the next game!! If it's anywhere close to last night, it could get dirty.

I dont think fighting between the fans will solve any thing , both teams played well last nite ,there alot of opions about it everyone has one about it , the fans always get more into the game than anyone of course ,but i do agree name callin is childess i think coalfield will be ready for a good game when they play them again ,they will def have their defense on /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I agree the coalfield girls lost their composure last night but they did play very well the first half the Jordan kid took the game over but the second half when she got into foul trouble it hurt coalfield. OZ did not play well the first half but did not give up Kayla took the game over the second half. Great game

Personally, I think the fans should stay out of the game when the game is being played. The way the fans were yelling at the players and coaches last night is unacceptable. The game is played between the four lines not outside them. It's not good for the kids on the court to be hearing and seeing all this stuff. I think the people who are in the stands should keep their mouths shut and let the players and coaches take care of their jobs.

On the other hand, I didn't think from watching the game last night that it was noticeably one-sided. Yes there were some calls that went for OS, but there was also calls that went for Coalfield too. Coalfield came out very hot and determined to win. In my opinion, the two technicals for Coalfield is what turned the game around. The game last night was very physical, and it looked to me like the Coalfield girls lost composure when OS kept theirs. I do believe this comes from OS's experience and leadership.

As for the future, the Morgan County Sheriff's better be ready for the next game!! If it's anywhere close to last night, it could get dirty.

You are a person after my heart!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Hopefully the ploce don't need to be there but..... to be on the safe side I'd say yes simply because some of the uglies on this thread. SIMPLY RIDICULOUS. GUARANTEE you that these post are made by the parents and the examples being set aren't really all that good for thesee kids!!!

Kayla's play is a solid ball players game. She has matured on the floor and her decisions are maybe some smarter.Shes gonna have off games like everyone else. Not every one can put up the talk that she does and come out without feeling it. She has 2-3 people(is still averaging 20+ pts.) on her every game and handles herself accordingly. The rest of the girls on the Oliver Springs team have really stepped up in a challenge thats being made to them by all the people that are not OS fans. Its taking pressure off Kayla also. There are 6 players that can average in double figures and thats what it takes to win a game along with defense. Coalfield lost one player, OS lost 2 players and the difference is Newberry was a player that led and was a sleeper(meaning she produced when she needed to and you could bank on her presence on the floor) OS players had alot of playing time up to being seniors and both were huge contributing factors. Now having said that the Coalfield girls are a well rounded team and you add the Jordan girl in the mix and you come up with a good ball club. Jordan and Christopher are ball players that contribute to a game all the time and its hard to hold them under 10 I don't care who you are. The officials won"t give Kayla a call when she goes in the middle and gets fouled hardly ever. She absolutely has to be mauled in order to get a call. Most of the officials hate to come to OS because of the harassment they get from the fans. I'm sure you can ask any of them about it and get that answer. As far as that game being one sided, believe me, there is no way that it was. Coalfield was giving and getting it. If they had called everything it would have been a 4 hour game!!! It was consistently bad on both sides! I think its goona be a hard row for OS girls to hoe to get to the State Tourney, but the chances are good. Coalfield should prob be there also. That says alot for the East Tennessee area and lets give these atheletes credit where it is due. Keep the trash out of the stands and let the girls play ball abd the coaches coach without people yelling out their names personally. I can understand the student section having a part in it (like them saying every time Kayla got the ball "moma boy") But the fans getting on here and posting like the one did prior to this about the coach being afraid that her daughter was going to get hurt so she should sit her down? Whats that about? I think its a nasty thing to say, and thats my opinion.... I say good luck to 2 of the best teams within 25 miles of each other and hope to see them both in Murfeesboro!!

That was pretty informative. I do know from my referee buddies that OS isn't exactly the number one spot they like to go on Tuesdays and Fridays but they admit that it is better than a mundane evening somewhere else. I look forward to my Friday night trek. Evidently Coalfiield must be entertaining this year but I don't really like going there. Maybe I will catch them some time in January. Their Boys team must be down again from the scores I have read and what I have heard. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

LOL@ Coalfield people thinking they culd waltz into one of the toughest venues in Tennessee and win this game.

When is the last time Coalfield beat Oliver Springs? Wasn't it in the 90's? Wait. Are we even sure Coalfield has beaten Oliver Springs once? Can someone check on that.

I do know on the Coacht.com records Oliver Springs has beaten Coalfield something like 15 straight times and it goes back to 2001.

So here is my question,

Why do some Coalfield people think they actually have a chance to waltz into OS and come out with a victory?

To the poster who said KC only had 6 point against Oakdale and insinuated that she might not be ready for UTC. Here is the real question at hand- IS the Southern Conference ready for KC?

That's the legitimate Question.

As I said before, It was better when OS was in a district with Loudon, Kingston, Harriman, Rockwood, Lenior City, and Scott County instead of this current confederation. Their fans are at least somewhat more "interesting" and don't post lame on message board. OS has more in common with the current AA district of Kingston, CAK, Anderson County, Loudon, Scott, and Stone Mountain. I get because of our enrollment being on the cusp, we play single A, but I think our athletic programs in basketball, softball, and baseball would more than compeititve and in basketball compete for the district championships, regional and state just as we have in the past before.....

Alcoa won't play single A with it's single A enrollment. OS needs to do the same.

LOL@ Coalfield people thinking they culd waltz into one of the toughest venues in Tennessee and win this game.

When is the last time Coalfield beat Oliver Springs? Wasn't it in the 90's? Wait. Are we even sure Coalfield has beaten Oliver Springs once? Can someone check on that.

I do know on the Coacht.com records Oliver Springs has beaten Coalfield something like 15 straight times and it goes back to 2001.

So here is my question,

Why do some Coalfield people think they actually have a chance to waltz into OS and come out with a victory?

To the poster who said KC only had 6 point against Oakdale and insinuated that she might not be ready for UTC. Here is the real question at hand- IS the Southern Conference ready for KC?

That's the legitimate Question.

As I said before, It was better when OS was in a district with Loudon, Kingston, Harriman, Rockwood, Lenior City, and Scott County instead of this current confederation. Their fans are at least somewhat more "interesting" and don't post lame on message board. OS has more in common with the current AA district of Kingston, CAK, Anderson County, Loudon, Scott, and Stone Mountain. I get because of our enrollment being on the cusp, we play single A, but I think our athletic programs in basketball, softball, and baseball would more than compeititve and in basketball compete for the district championships, regional and state just as we have in the past before.....

Alcoa won't play single A with it's single A enrollment. OS needs to do the same.

Coalfield may have not won at os but if you look they did beat os last year @coalfield ,so you need to check on things before you post comments i do believe 2007 i know 2007 was /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> the year coalfield lady jackets beat os