Reginald Buckner or John Jenkins

yankees8589

I saw Wooten last year at the Liberty play. Briarcrest was without Leslie at the play-day last year, but still had Johnny Williams and Greg Wooten playing and they were both the real deal.

If we want to compare Jenkins to someone, let's compare him to a similiar player such as Joe Jackson. Although Joe is only a Junior this year, you might be able to compare John and Joe a little better. Joe Jackson IS THE REAL DEAL and that's all I've got to say about that. I don't really know how good Jenkins is, but I see barely any flaws in Joe's game.

joe jackson is nothing similar to John Jenkins, totally different type of players and positions. Jenkins and McDonald are the closest to compare to b/c both are shooting guards.

The topic post is a Buckner vs. Jenkins which is also a tough comparison b/c of positions. Jenkins is a prolific offensive player, perhaps he best shooter in the nation but isnt great defensively. Buckner is a good scorer, good athlete and affects the games on both ends of the floor. Jenkins impact offensively is immense however. Had an SEC coach (not Vanderbilt), tell me yesterday he thinks Jenkins will score 2000pts in his career at Vandy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joe jackson is nothing similar to John Jenkins, totally different type of players and positions. Jenkins and McDonald are the closest to compare to b/c both are shooting guards.

The topic post is a Buckner vs. Jenkins which is also a tough comparison b/c of positions. Jenkins is a prolific offensive player, perhaps he best shooter in the nation but isnt great defensively. Buckner is a good scorer, good athlete and affects the games on both ends of the floor. Jenkins impact offensively is immense however. Had an SEC coach (not Vanderbilt), tell me yesterday he thinks Jenkins will score 2000pts in his career at Vandy.

WOW!!!! I can certainly see Jenkins all conference by his Junior/Senior season. I think Buckner has more upside than Jenkins because of what he brings to the defensive end. I think Buckner is one of the best big men in the country on the defensive end. Do you agree or disagree?

Jackson is a freaky athlete to be so small. I mean like world class athlete..qucik, fast, and probably has a 40+ vertical (just a guess on that one)I don't think Jackson is a legit 6'0 either. I think Jackson is deserving of all the attention he is getting. Jackson has moved to the PG this season and seems to going through and adjustment period in my opinion. He didn't play that well against Columbus North at the Hoopfest, but I know he is much better than he played. Heck, the whole White Station team played terrible in the second half. Their effort was embarrassing.

Mr. Yankee covered it quite well in his last post... This is Thad's 2nd season in the NBA, last year he played a vital starting role in Phillys playoff run...2nd team all rookie, NBA lottery picK. Clj looking back most college freshman don't dominate night in and night out....I'll give you Beasley, Carmelo and Kevin Durant of recent years.

No most don't, but the players mentioned when they came into the league were players that the NBA owners knew they would build their team around. Philly is not building there team around Thad, he is good and may become the focal point in the future, but not right now.What would have happened if he had gotten hurt with only a couple million dollar contract.... that sounds good to us, but I hear of players going through that kind of money and having nothing to fall back on (D Wagner). Look at Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway,Big Greg at Portland, and Micheal Jordan's foot injury. All of these guys came into the league as high stock franchise players, so when injury happened they still had longevity in the league, that's what I'm getting at longevity.Now we can look back and see that Thad has maintained good health so far and thank god for that and I do know a player can stay in college ...get injuried and stock drop or have a down season like C Lofton and then not make the league, but I personally think Thad could have been a top five after one more season then really be set for life. JUST MY THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT. LIKE YOUR POST THOUGH.

No most don't, but the players mentioned when they came into the league were players that the NBA owners knew they would build their team around. Philly is not building there team around Thad, he is good and may become the focal point in the future, but not right now.What would have happened if he had gotten hurt with only a couple million dollar contract.... that sounds good to us, but I hear of players going through that kind of money and having nothing to fall back on (D Wagner). Look at Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway,Big Greg at Portland, and Micheal Jordan's foot injury. All of these guys came into the league as high stock franchise players, so when injury happened they still had longevity in the league, that's what I'm getting at longevity.Now we can look back and see that Thad has maintained good health so far and thank god for that and I do know a player can stay in college ...get injuried and stock drop or have a down season like C Lofton and then not make the league, but I personally think Thad could have been a top five after one more season then really be set for life. JUST MY THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT. LIKE YOUR POST THOUGH.

I'm not 100% certain but I think this is kinda close to how it works....Any player drafted in the first round only has the 1st 2 years locked in and there is a sliding scale as far as contract money. No rookie can sign beyond 2 years locked in (I don't think) and the team has options on years 3 and 4 and most players (Like Thad Young) options are picked up. Young is looking at roughly 10 million his first 4 years. Then if a player really pans out he cashes in big but not until then. Young is also a key part of the 76ers future. Any kid could blow the money away whether he is 19 or 22...kids that do that have noone to blame but themselves. I think Thad Young had something like a 3.9 GPA in highschool..that has to say something for the young man. There are vets that don't have Thad Youngs stats now with BIG multiyear deals, some topping out between 30 and 40 million. Even the mid level exception is over 4 million a season..alot of aging vets end up here after they have allready got crazy rich.

Hers is an example of this years draft: All these guys options will be picked up in my opinion. I'm not sure if the contract increases each season but I think it does a little (nothing really big though). Having said that, if one was to figure the same salary it would be something like this.

1 Derrick Rose 4.8 million (close to 20 over 4 years assuming his options are pick up and wiil be FOR SURE)

5 Kevin Love 3.1 million (slghtly over 13 million over 4)

10 Brook Lopez 2.1 million (slightly over 8 over 4)

Then after the fourth year and free agency set in.....It's time to GET PAID!!!!

You do make a good point. I say take the money and gt better in the NBA instead of college. Especially with the way the free agency rules are set up. I think thats how the rules work. I know there is a sliding scale for sure though and there is a limit to what a player can make from years 1 through 4 and it's not even close to what it was when Penny came into the leage...I think Penny signed for over 60 million before he ever played a game..could be wrong on that though..I know it was ALOT.

The key to this system is a player better know for certain he is going in the first round because nothing is guareented to the 2nd round picks. If they do sign and most do the money and contract is substantially less than a 1st rounder. Darius Washington would be a prime exapmle of a kid that left to arly in my opinion. Most players have a pretty good idea if they go in the first round but it doesn't allways work out that way.....like CDR. CDR will still be a 10 year player though...in my opinion.

I'm not 100% certain but I think this is kinda close to how it works....Any player drafted in the first round only has the 1st 2 years locked in and there is a sliding scale as far as contract money. No rookie can sign beyond 2 years locked in (I don't think) and the team has options on years 3 and 4 and most players (Like Thad Young) options are picked up. Young is looking at roughly 10 million his first 4 years. Then if a player really pans out he cashes in big but not until then. Young is also a key part of the 76ers future. Any kid could blow the money away whether he is 19 or 22...kids that do that have noone to blame but themselves. I think Thad Young had something like a 3.9 GPA in highschool..that has to say something for the young man. There are vets that don't have Thad Youngs stats now with BIG multiyear deals, some topping out between 30 and 40 million. Even the mid level exception is over 4 million a season..alot of aging vets end up here after they have allready got crazy rich.

Hers is an example of this years draft: All these guys options will be picked up in my opinion. I'm not sure if the contract increases each season but I think it does a little (nothing really big though). Having said that, if one was to figure the same salary it would be something like this.

1 Derrick Rose 4.8 million (close to 20 over 4 years assuming his options are pick up and wiil be FOR SURE)

5 Kevin Love 3.1 million (slghtly over 13 million over 4)

10 Brook Lopez 2.1 million (slightly over 8 over 4)

Then after the fourth year and free agency set in.....It's time to GET PAID!!!!

You do make a good point. I say take the money and gt better in the NBA instead of college. Especially with the way the free agency rules are set up. I think thats how the rules work. I know there is a sliding scale for sure though and there is a limit to what a player can make from years 1 through 4 and it's not even close to what it was when Penny came into the leage...I think Penny signed for over 60 million before he ever played a game..could be wrong on that though..I know it was ALOT.

The key to this system is a player better know for certain he is going in the first round because nothing is guareented to the 2nd round picks. If they do sign and most do the money and contract is substantially less than a 1st rounder. Darius Washington would be a prime exapmle of a kid that left to arly in my opinion. Most players have a pretty good idea if they go in the first round but it doesn't allways work out that way.....like CDR. CDR will still be a 10 year player though...in my opinion.

This what RB bring to the table!!!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/...es-of-the-week/