All star game

possum

It would go over huge and would be quite a challenge with just Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy having as many students as the 6 valley teams (including Grundy) combined. I'd much rather see that than Chattanooga area vs NW Georgia especially when that roster goes all the way to Rome and Cartersville, outside the media coverage area with players unfamiliar to most in SE Tennessee. I'm guessing 25 players would be needed, minimum, to field a team but surely an average of four seniors per school would be available. 35 would be better and Sequatchie alone had a third that number.

If valley vs city couldn't work due to a lack of valley numbers, a lack of a senior quarterback, not enough linemen, etc, maybe 1A-3A schools vs 4A, 5A and Division II could work out better.

It would go over huge and would be quite a challenge with just Ooltewah and Soddy-Daisy having as many students as the 6 valley teams (including Grundy) combined. I'd much rather see that than Chattanooga area vs NW Georgia especially when that roster goes all the way to Rome and Cartersville, outside the media coverage area with players unfamiliar to most in SE Tennessee. I'm guessing 25 players would be needed, minimum, to field a team but surely an average of four seniors per school would be available. 35 would be better and Sequatchie alone had a third that number.

If valley vs city couldn't work due to a lack of valley numbers, a lack of a senior quarterback, not enough linemen, etc, maybe 1A-3A schools vs 4A, 5A and Division II could work out better.

Don't forget about N. Jackson and Scottsborro, if we added those two, I think we could compete.

Here are the schools with the number of seniors listed on their rosters:

Scottsboro 14

North Jackson 12 (they had a couple more listed in their seniors' picture but not listed on the roster

Whitwell 6

Sequatchie 11

S Pittsburg 14

Bledsoe had 5 or 6. I didn't see a Marion or Grundy roster on here but I'm guessing 8-12 each. That would give around 75 this year, if you take just half that number there should be plenty to compete. It might also help some lesser known players earn some late scholarship money from Division II, NAIA type programs looking for late signees.

I personally think that this would be a great idea. Too many kids get overlooked when it comes to scholarships because they aren't D1 prospects. Many of these players could still be available for D2, NAIA, etc., schools if given the opportunity. At least they would have another chance to get into a college and get an education.

Take a look at the "Liberty Bowl All-Star Game"(I think it's called) articles on the front page of Coach T. If you read the articles, they explain that many smaller colleges CAN'T see these kids because of limited budgets for travel and recruitement. They had some type of "job fair" for the coaches to see many kids game films, etc.

Such a great idea!!!

Probably, to keep this thing from getting to far into other areas and states as far as players. It probably should be called the Chattanooga Times Free press Bowl, if those folks would be willing to do that. If your community recieves the paper, or in the coverage area, you can participate. Maybe, just throwing this out there for debate. This also would give the head coaches in the area that would like to participate a fresh veiwpoint on practice organization, game planning, and etc. I can see basically only possitives coming from this event. I think this would be really great for the kids who have maybe stuck it out and gave it there all for four years, and not being recognized for one reason or another, or just a chance to stap it on on one more time and not have to wonder, what if.

• 2 months later...