Im 17 year old male and looking for a team to wrestle on

MattLogan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would need to find a club team to join. They usually start in March. Check themat.com or tennwrestling.com for a list of teams.

17 is a bit late to start. Wrestling is a learned sport. No one starts out being good and rarely even average. Not trying to discourage you but it is doubtful that you would win any matches for quite some time.

Good Luck /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You would need to find a club team to join. They usually start in March. Check themat.com or tennwrestling.com for a list of teams.

17 is a bit late to start. Wrestling is a learned sport. No one starts out being good and rarely even average. Not trying to discourage you but it is doubtful that you would win any matches for quite some time.

Good Luck /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

this young man should pursue local high schools in his area and inquire to TSSAA rules as to how home school students are eligible...I believe they are ..to participate..He should not be discouraged as to the amount of matches to be won or loss....I thought it was all about the endeavor ..the participation in our beloved sport ....any young person adult who dedicates himself will reap the benefits of such a demanding sport REGARDLESS of the outcome.......maybe this notion will increase the interest in the sport...cause we need more fellas 'round here

peace

happy holidays

this young man should pursue local high schools in his area and inquire to TSSAA rules as to how home school students are eligible...I believe they are ..to participate..He should not be discouraged as to the amount of matches to be won or loss....I thought it was all about the endeavor ..the participation in our beloved sport ....any young person adult who dedicates himself will reap the benefits of such a demanding sport REGARDLESS of the outcome.......maybe this notion will increase the interest in the sport...cause we need more fellas 'round here

peace

happy holidays

I'm not sure, but have heard that some of the Greenback kids are home-schooled.

Nick Reveiz started his Sophmore year by loosing matches but by end of the season he placed 2nd in the region. Ended up being a 2X State Champ.

It's never to late if your have the heart and desire to win. You will have a learning curve but it could happen.

Nick Reveiz started his Sophmore year by loosing matches but by end of the season he placed 2nd in the region. Ended up being a 2X State Champ.

It's never to late if your have the heart and desire to win. You will have a learning curve but it could happen.

I'm not trying to discorage just trying to prepare him. Its the same thing I tell any kid or older person that is thinking about getting into wrestling. Everyone starts out humble and you should be prepared for that. Wrestling isn't a sport that a guy off the street has instant success at.

I'm not trying to discorage just trying to prepare him. Its the same thing I tell any kid or older person that is thinking about getting into wrestling. Everyone starts out humble and you should be prepared for that. Wrestling isn't a sport that a guy off the street has instant success at.

Comprehension is the key here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He CLEARLY stated that he has been wrestling since 6th grade. And he is NOT inexeperienced. Wow. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />