Unico County vs. Hampton

bigdawg3

I must admit I am pretty much new to this website. But if it's any concelation I have seen teams play in the past that has had to deal with the same situation and I have watched Hampton play a couple of times and I dont believe your 2 seniors are the problem.

For instance you have to look at it in a basketball type perspective. Lipford and Robertson are not going to take over nor dominate a game seniors or not they are roll players just like everone else on Hamptons team. Everyone know's that Hughes and Ward are Hampton's go to guys but they are young kids their lack of good basketball decision making just like any other sophmore is going to occur every now and then and that goes for your seniors as well.

Young teams will take their lumps, as a coach though and a true fan to your program you have to be patient give time for the players to develope and trust your coaching staff and all else will fall into place.

Patience Patience Patience /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with what you said about fans and coaches needing to be patient with this team. However, I think our seniors have to step up in terms of leadership. When the game is on the line it would help these young players so much for a senior just to step into the huddle and just say something like ???hey guys calm down lets be smart and get this win???. I think that would calm a young player down and make them feel like they were together as a team and that they had a leader.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To a certain extent yes that is true.But sometimes your delt with younger kids being your more vocal ones out of the group which is not a bad thing. But it just shows what type of leadership Hampton is going to have in the future.

That is true this sophomore class is going to be a great group. I think they will lead vocally and with their effort on the floor.

To a certain extent yes that is true.But sometimes your delt with younger kids being your more vocal ones out of the group which is not a bad thing. But it just shows what type of leadership Hampton is going to have in the future.

You are correct, but you dont have to be vocal to be a leader. A player can be a leader by his actions and the way they goes about their self. the way the practice and the way they act off the court. it is hard to be a leader as a young player because you almost have to be a asst. coach. you have to know how far you can push certain players and being young you may not know how to do that to the older players. i have seen many players think that they were the leader and just yell and scream all the time and it did nothing for the others. for this team to be as good as people say they can be one of the seniors needs to step up and become the leader.

It does seem like this team has no senior leadership. It appears as if Hughes is the floor general for this team. The seniors need to step up and start making some plays or they will regret it later on in life when they are done with basketball. I thought Robertson played pretty well tonight and that??™s a big step in the right direction for our seniors but it has to get better if we are going to contend for a state tournament berth.

well its pretty hard to get senior leadership when coach white is starting 4 sophmores and 1 senior.

and only playing one to 2 seniores at a time. there are4 seniors on that team and only two seem to get any playing time. I know that adam triplett is ten times better than nathan hughes he beats him in practice all the time. It seems like he proves himself in practice all the time but never reaches playing time. NOw im not saying that Chris highsmith stinks but he should get more playing time than what hes getting like 4.0 sec of play the entire season.

Coach white needs to play his entire bench just dont see why you keep players on your bench that you dont even play. If i had players on my bench that never played they wouldent be on the team.

so coach white hope you read this, get your seniors some playing time they will suprise you.

tarpit930,

formerdogg just gets on here and tries to make people mad. there is no way that he could honestly believe the crap he says. Anybody who watches the Dawgs play, knows that Hughes is the team leader. Everybody is down on Hampton right now. But look at who they have played. their schedule is getting alot easier from here on out. They should easily reel off 9 or 10 of their last 11 games. They could realistically (but not likely) not lose a game until sub-state. Nobody the Dawgs will play, in the remainder of the regular season or in sub-state (except Grace), will be as good as Johnson Co. or Unicoi...

I agree with what you said about the talent in the area. I think it's all of East Tennessee, not just our conference. The only Hampton sophmores that I can remember getting serious playing in the period you are talking about was Shane Simerly, Kevin Harrison, and Shane Campbell...