Teams to Watch

MVM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendersonville High School. Best group of boys that have come through in a few years at this school. Look out for them and to think Station Camp is above them in any list is ridiculous. We will have the best homefield advantage with our War Team. This team should be the most watched team right now. They train harder than any other school I have ever seen. Look out for them to dominate.

Hendersonville High School. Best group of boys that have come through in a few years at this school. Look out for them and to think Station Camp is above them in any list is ridiculous. We will have the best homefield advantage with our War Team. This team should be the most watched team right now. They train harder than any other school I have ever seen. Look out for them to dominate.

rumor has it that Hendersonville has 4-5 key players return after being released last season? also they didn't lose any seniors that they'll miss? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Wahooo! It's almost time to get going!

Well, I don't know about all of these teams, but I'll post what I do:

1. Catholic: They lost 6 (I believe) and they were impact players, but they have a strong core. I will be interested in seeing how their new keeper does. I don't know how much he was tested last season, but I have only heard great things about him. They have great coaching, and will be tough. I think they have one of the best defenders in the state (and is a Junior) in Luke Mishu.

2. CAK: We have 11 seniors this year, and some talent in our incoming class (though very young). We graduated only 3 from last season, though they were impact players (especially Brandon). We have talented keepers, but untested. We will have some great depth this season, but we need to stay focused and level headed. We have a VERY tough schedule (especially our scrimmages... Bearden, Knox West, Farragut, and McCallie) so we will see. My hardest task will be to get their heads on straight. While it is great to have 11 seniors, sometimes they can get "a little big for their britches" (I love you boys, but I also know you!). I am sure some of the other coaches understand what I am talking about! It should be a blast no matter what!

3. USJ: Great coaching, good talent. They have the potential for being the best in the west. Don't know how much they lost, though. I expect them to be a state contender.

4. Boyd: While they met a tough loss with Catholic last tournament, it was a good experience for them. Any team that brought us Reaction has to be good! He will be able to give us a better scope of what they have.

5, 6, 7, 8. Goodpasture, White House, Madison, and Station Camp: Don't have any info, so anyone who can let us know, that would be great. After following Station Camp through the girls season, and getting to know SCHSdad here on the "T", I'll be rooting for them!

9. Alcoa: Will be very strong. Some of the boys played on Division 1 club with some of my players. GREAT coaching, and they have such heart. They are the team to be watching and not to be taken for granted. I don't know much about their "supporting cast" but I know what they are capable of.

10. CPA and CCS: Both are incredible programs with great history and great coaching. They will be in the mix along with some teams not in the "top 10" (FRA being one of those).

Just putting my thoughts in the mixer. Feel free to add yours! Looking forward to a fun season!

station camp beat both goodpasture and white house heritage last year and they only lost their keeper coming in this year i would look for a post season run from them.

G definitely knows more than I do around the state, but I think the top two are the ones to beat until someone does so. Catholic will replace impact players with younger players who will become impact players. They will have different strengths possibly, but will no doubt still have many strength. CAK may be more dangerous now than last year. 11 seniors!!! You think these guys aren't motivated to get the warriors back on top after losing in the finals for the first time in, what, 6 tries? G will have them focused on the right things and losing Brandon may make them tougher to play b/c the focal point now will be taken from the Star to the Team as a whole. Thats much tougher to prepare for (And preparing for brandon was tough enough!). I think a sleeper team could be Knox Carter. Any team with two attacking players like Sherrod and Grigsby is going to have the offense, now the question is going to be can they put the rest together to have the team to compete against the CAK's and Catholics. Since that is basically the question all of us in ET are faced with. Seymour will again be a tough team to play b/c of their physicality and coaching. As for Alcoa, we lost 5 players from last years team with 4 of them starters/key contributors. We bring back some very talented players that have been our backbone for the past 2-3 seasons, but I am not sure what we will have from some of the other players forced into roles this season. We brought in a good group of newcomers, but a talented freshman is still at a disadvantage against a player 3 years his senior. I'm excited about the challenge and uncertainty. Hope my 2 cents is taken for what it's worth.

Now we need the fans and followers of some of the other teams to start talking this up. I want to know who it working hard and looking to make a move. Don't want anyone posting "bulletin board material" but let us know about your team.

i think CAK is not going to do as strong as they have been in the past few years. because they lost brandon and the whole team evolved around him, and its going to be hard to get used to not having a player like tarr. loudon has 10 seniors this year and are looking to make a difference in thier district with CAK and catholic in it.

please do your research before ripping on station camp.

the rankings that made you so angry are the a/aa rankings. on mjuhb's rankings hhs is 2 in aaa and sc is 7 in a/aa.

it doesn't matter though because on 10 april we play hhs at gallatin's tournament.

station camp is definitely a team to watch. we lost our goalkeeper from last year, but we have two very impressive kids competing to replace him. we also lost one of our forwards who's family moved back to mexico. but we had a very good player move to sc from new jersey and will probably start in the midfield. and we have a transfer from goodpasture who was ineligible last year until the state tournament game who will probably start at forward.

i think CAK is not going to do as strong as they have been in the past few years. because they lost brandon and the whole team evolved around him, and its going to be hard to get used to not having a player like tarr. loudon has 10 seniors this year and are looking to make a difference in thier district with CAK and catholic in it.

Loudon has looked very impressive over the last few seasons. They have a very talented keeper (who I believe is a senior this year). They also had a very impressive inside mid. I think they will do well.

I'm sorry but listening to people boast about how good teams like Good Pasture, Louden and Station Camp are going to be is somewhat comical. Yes, they may have returning seniors and yes, this may be the best team they have ever had, but how can anyone contest with pure soccer firepower. Example being Knoxville Catholic last year. From what I heard they completely walked through state and just about any team in A/AA. And not to say Catholic will be like this next year but there is always a set of teams that has consistently stood above the rest I don't know how these less talented schools can compete with the teams that are sprinkled with top club players.....I just don't see it in the cards.

Loudon has looked very impressive over the last few seasons. They have a very talented keeper (who I believe is a senior this year). They also had a very impressive inside mid. I think they will do well.

Well i hope they do good this season. Its the best loudon had in four years sinece yoni espinoza the very talented fwd with the (blue shoes) and Kris ford (Keeper) graduated. Im not sure if you remember playing them G...