Teams to Watch

MVM

Well i hope they do good this season. Its the best loudon had in four years sinece yoni espinoza the very talented fwd with the (blue shoes) and Kris ford (Keeper) graduated. Im not sure if you remember playing them G...

I do remember those 2 amazing forwards you guys had about 3 or 4 years ago. They were incredible. I think we went down 0-2 in the region semi's one year before coming back. Did they go play anywhere in college?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please do your research before ripping on station camp.

the rankings that made you so angry are the a/aa rankings. on mjuhb's rankings hhs is 2 in aaa and sc is 7 in a/aa.

it doesn't matter though because on 10 april we play hhs at gallatin's tournament.

station camp is definitely a team to watch. we lost our goalkeeper from last year, but we have two very impressive kids competing to replace him. we also lost one of our forwards who's family moved back to mexico. but we had a very good player move to sc from new jersey and will probably start in the midfield. and we have a transfer from goodpasture who was ineligible last year until the state tournament game who will probably start at forward.

J is a huge loss for the bison. who are the kids that will be competing for J's old spot? anyone on sc playing at the next level next year? thanks

please do your research before ripping on station camp.

the rankings that made you so angry are the a/aa rankings. on mjuhb's rankings hhs is 2 in aaa and sc is 7 in a/aa.

it doesn't matter though because on 10 april we play hhs at gallatin's tournament.

station camp is definitely a team to watch. we lost our goalkeeper from last year, but we have two very impressive kids competing to replace him. we also lost one of our forwards who's family moved back to mexico. but we had a very good player move to sc from new jersey and will probably start in the midfield. and we have a transfer from goodpasture who was ineligible last year until the state tournament game who will probably start at forward.

just wait till that game and we'll see how they're "definitely a team to watch"

I do remember those 2 amazing forwards you guys had about 3 or 4 years ago. They were incredible. I think we went down 0-2 in the region semi's one year before coming back. Did they go play anywhere in college?

yea yoni went to a two year college the other fwd #10 didnt go anywhere. and the keeper went to weslyn but got a back injury his second seoson there he hasnt played since.

J is a huge loss for the bison. who are the kids that will be competing for J's old spot? anyone on sc playing at the next level next year? thanks

normally, losing someone like J would be a huge loss, but the two kids competing are quite capable. we have cs who transferred from hendersonville and he is a very, very good shot stopper and we have austin a freshman who is more of a complete keeper. austin has been trained by chris thurman for a while now, so he is tough. plus, we have our entire defense and midfield returning.

as for kids playing at the next level. the obvious one is exum. south florida plus other schools are looking at him. mayo is being looked at by union. and trust me, before the season is over, harrison (our new forward) will be getting plenty of looks.

Wahooo! It's almost time to get going!

Well, I don't know about all of these teams, but I'll post what I do:

1. Catholic: They lost 6 (I believe) and they were impact players, but they have a strong core. I will be interested in seeing how their new keeper does. I don't know how much he was tested last season, but I have only heard great things about him. They have great coaching, and will be tough. I think they have one of the best defenders in the state (and is a Junior) in Luke Mishu.

2. CAK: We have 11 seniors this year, and some talent in our incoming class (though very young). We graduated only 3 from last season, though they were impact players (especially Brandon). We have talented keepers, but untested. We will have some great depth this season, but we need to stay focused and level headed. We have a VERY tough schedule (especially our scrimmages... Bearden, Knox West, Farragut, and McCallie) so we will see. My hardest task will be to get their heads on straight. While it is great to have 11 seniors, sometimes they can get "a little big for their britches" (I love you boys, but I also know you!). I am sure some of the other coaches understand what I am talking about! It should be a blast no matter what!

3. USJ: Great coaching, good talent. They have the potential for being the best in the west. Don't know how much they lost, though. I expect them to be a state contender.

4. Boyd: While they met a tough loss with Catholic last tournament, it was a good experience for them. Any team that brought us Reaction has to be good! He will be able to give us a better scope of what they have.

5, 6, 7, 8. Goodpasture, White House, Madison, and Station Camp: Don't have any info, so anyone who can let us know, that would be great. After following Station Camp through the girls season, and getting to know SCHSdad here on the "T", I'll be rooting for them!

9. Alcoa: Will be very strong. Some of the boys played on Division 1 club with some of my players. GREAT coaching, and they have such heart. They are the team to be watching and not to be taken for granted. I don't know much about their "supporting cast" but I know what they are capable of.

10. CPA and CCS: Both are incredible programs with great history and great coaching. They will be in the mix along with some teams not in the "top 10" (FRA being one of those).

Just putting my thoughts in the mixer. Feel free to add yours! Looking forward to a fun season!

Coach Brett Armstrong is returning to coach the CPA lions this year! Just in case none of you all knew yet

normally, losing someone like J would be a huge loss, but the two kids competing are quite capable. we have cs who transferred from hendersonville and he is a very, very good shot stopper and we have austin a freshman who is more of a complete keeper. austin has been trained by chris thurman for a while now, so he is tough. plus, we have our entire defense and midfield returning.

as for kids playing at the next level. the obvious one is exum. south florida plus other schools are looking at him. mayo is being looked at by union. and trust me, before the season is over, harrison (our new forward) will be getting plenty of looks.

Poppa,

a few questions about your Station Camp Bison

1. Who is the transfer from Hendersonville? is he a former jv player or played club ball instead of high school? i have not heard of him but that doesnt mean anything

2. Besides Maddox, Harrison, and Crawley from JPII and Kelly and Tummons from HHS I havent heard of anyone in the area being looked at heavily by colleges. Exum must be a top notch player to be considered by South Florida. ill have to come watch some games this year /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

3. is this the same harrison that played for the metros club team?

Sounds like Station Camp should be a team to watch not only in Sumner County but Middle Tennessee

big deal, we have 4 COMMITTED players already. 2 players committed to Memphis. 1 committed to Belmont. and 1 more committed to Trevecca. Union is not a big deal at all.

Poppa,

a few questions about your Station Camp Bison

1. Who is the transfer from Hendersonville? is he a former jv player or played club ball instead of high school? i have not heard of him but that doesnt mean anything

2. Besides Maddox, Harrison, and Crawley from JPII and Kelly and Tummons from HHS I havent heard of anyone in the area being looked at heavily by colleges. Exum must be a top notch player to be considered by South Florida. ill have to come watch some games this year /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

3. is this the same harrison that played for the metros club team?

Sounds like Station Camp should be a team to watch not only in Sumner County but Middle Tennessee

The transfer from Hendersonville must have not been a big deal because he was never on the team at HHS. Maybe he didnt want to go through Hvilles preseason. ha

The transfer from Hendersonville must have not been a big deal because he was never on the team at HHS. Maybe he didnt want to go through Hvilles preseason. ha

What is Hendersonville's preseason like (if you don't mind me asking). I like to see what other schools do to prepare...