"Top Freshmen"

MTOWN21

How are the early season "Top Freshmen" doing?

As most get into their rough district play, how will they do.

Will they hit the imaginary "Wall" or will they come thru and make an impact?

Danielle Ballard & Aaliyah Whiteside are continuing to make an impact.

A 5-8 freshman, Ballard scored a team-high 28 points in top-ranked Central??™s 83-66 District 16-AAA road victory at Melrose on Tuesday. Last week in Phoenix, Ballard averaged 14 points per game in the Nike Tournament of Champions, helping Central to a 2-1 record and a third-place finish in the tournament??™s Red Division.

How are the West, Middle, East TN frosh are doing?

Is Ms. Graves still dominating in Clarksville?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marjorie Butler for Webb of Knoxville has upped her game another level and playing outstanding for the Lady Spartans!!!!

I dont see this one hitting a wall at all. Marjories athletic ability is off the charts and shes part of a TEAM oriented squad

that includes Tennessee signee Faith Dupree, Rice signee Jessica Gosswitz,AAU veteran Sarah Debusk.Marjorie has the luxury of just playing.

And just call her Butter Shes smooth

Did i over do it? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Marjorie Butler for Webb of Knoxville has upped her game another level and playing outstanding for the Lady Spartans!!!!

I dont see this one hitting a wall at all. Marjories athletic ability is off the charts and shes part of a TEAM oriented squad

that includes Tennessee signee Faith Dupree, Rice signee Jessica Gosswitz,AAU veteran Sarah Debusk.Marjorie has the luxury of just playing.

And just call her Butter Shes smooth

Did i over do it? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

No you didn't over do it!

Because she is a special player, that I agree won't hit the wall and will just get stronger as the season progress.

Sounds like Webb will be a contender again in DII.

Takeyha TT Flowers and Carnation Hart of Lake County are having a tremendous impact! Carnation is just now starting to contribute heavily as she was somewhat timid at first of season. She now either starts or plays a majority of the game and contributes heavily. TT flowers is a special player....she averages bout 12 to 14 points a game, 6 to 8 assists, 6-8 rebounds, 6-8 steals and only about 6-8 turnovers. She plays point as a freshmen and "quarterbacks' HER team with the savy of many seniors! She stands to make a run at single A MS Basketball!

sbl

Takeyha TT Flowers and Carnation Hart of Lake County are having a tremendous impact! Carnation is just now starting to contribute heavily as she was somewhat timid at first of season. She now either starts or plays a majority of the game and contributes heavily. TT flowers is a special player....she averages bout 12 to 14 points a game, 6 to 8 assists, 6-8 rebounds, 6-8 steals and only about 6-8 turnovers. She plays point as a freshmen and "quarterbacks' HER team with the savy of many seniors! She stands to make a run at single A MS Basketball!

sbl

TT Flowers is the real deal, I had heard all about her but not seen her play until last night. I could not believe how good she is as a freshman. She is the quarterback and leader of her team as a freshman. I think she is the best point guard in 14A right now and a Miss Basketball is a good possibility for her down the road. Best freshman in west Tennessee.

TT Flowers is the real deal, I had heard all about her but not seen her play until last night. I could not believe how good she is as a freshman. She is the quarterback and leader of her team as a freshman. I think she is the best point guard in 14A right now and a Miss Basketball is a good possibility for her down the road. Best freshman in west Tennessee. Now I must admit, i have yet to see TT play. But the best freshman in the state is Ballard at Memphis Central. If the other players dont watch out she could become the best player on that team. I have watched many players arrive on the high school scene with much hype, but this young lady is the real deal!

A 5-8 freshman, Ballard scored a team-high 28 points in top-ranked Central??™s 83-66 District 16-AAA road victory at Melrose on Tuesday. Last week in Phoenix, Ballard averaged 14 points per game in the Nike Tournament of Champions, helping Central to a 2-1 record and a third-place finish in the tournament??™s Red Division.

Bashaara is playing low key but still making an impact - she does average about 10-15 points per game but even better as a post she is averaging about 8-10 assist per game as well. I think her being a major focal point for a lot of the teams is opening up a lot of opportunities for her team mates to be in the position to score. So (fr)Chandler Cooper. is open for her 3's, (fr) Jessy Ward and (fr) Tiasha Gray are in position to drive or shoot at will. And Kristen Majors (our only Sr) is open to do what she does as the leader and enjoy her senior season. So I guess that Bashaara is making a "different" impact that what was sceen during AAU but still playing her game.

Sydney Roach from clay county is helping the team out alot in district 7a. She is averaging over 10+ points a game and had 20 points in an important win over coffee county back in a thanksgiving tourny. Don't forget she is also very good at D. Gets a hand on every weak pass and probably has over 3 or 4 steals a game too. Very good defensive player. She needs a few more inches on her height and she would be a total weapon.

Look for her to make a big impact around her sophmore year and on if she keeps injury free.

TT F;owers hits the game winner with 4 secs left at Union City in a tough maych up! Then proceeds to steel the ball to ice the game.....Nerves of steel, heart of a champion, will to win, work ethic, good grades, good attitude, makes everyone around her better, and talent to boot...NUFF SAID!

sbl

The last second shot by TT would have not been possible without the 13 rebounds and 18 points by fellow freshman Carnation Hart.....She has come out of her shell and will begin to wreck havoc in the post....she has taken over a starting spot....she just needed some time as she tends to be timid unitl she gains confidence....watch out she has got alot of confidence now.....

SBL

Caya Williams from Mt. Juliet is still averaging right at 20 ppg. She plays more like a D1 player already.