Sullivan North Football 2009

kingsportfan

Sullivan North had their best season since the early 2000's. They are moving down in size where they belong and should have a good season next year. They lost alot of seniors, but still are returning the bulk of their line, and # 7 Eric Pearcy. They will be playing Sullivan East, Happy Valley, Unicoi County, Johnson County, and Elezibethton in their new district. Out of district they will be playing Sullivan Central, Daniel Boone, Volunteer, Rye Cove (VA), and their last game is not for sure yet who it will be. The last I heard it could be Clintwood (VA) or Tri-Cities Christian School. I prefer it would be Clintwood, but scheduling this year was difficult for everyone due to the the new classification system.

Sullivan North had their best season since the early 2000's. They are moving down in size where they belong and should have a good season next year. They lost alot of seniors, but still are returning the bulk of their line, and # 7 Eric Pearcy. They will be playing Sullivan East, Happy Valley, Unicoi County, Johnson County, and Elezibethton in their new district. Out of district they will be playing Sullivan Central, Daniel Boone, Volunteer, Rye Cove (VA), and their last game is not for sure yet who it will be. The last I heard it could be Clintwood (VA) or Tri-Cities Christian School. I prefer it would be Clintwood, but scheduling this year was difficult for everyone due to the the new classification system.

Looks like some attractive match-ups. I hope re-classification will be good for you guys.As a Kingsport fan, it will be good to pull for all three schools, Db, South, and North come play-offs as they will not be against each other.

I for one would like to see you get Clintwood. That would be a good series that would generate local interest. Drop the Cove. That one is a total mismatch. Replace with Hampton, Cloudland, or South Greene when you can. All these games look "winable". You could also lose to any except the Cove. Good luck in 09.

Looks like some attractive match-ups. I hope re-classification will be good for you guys.As a Kingsport fan, it will be good to pull for all three schools, Db, South, and North come play-offs as they will not be against each other.

I for one would like to see you get Clintwood. That would be a good series that would generate local interest. Drop the Cove. That one is a total mismatch. Replace with Hampton, Cloudland, or South Greene when you can. All these games look "winable". You could also lose to any except the Cove. Good luck in 09.

There should be some good games next year for North. The Boone and Elizabethton game especially. I agree with what you said Crawdad. All of these games look winable, but looseable at the same time. I would prefer Clintwood over Rye Cove and Tri-Cities Christian too, but the new classification caused alot of problems. North was in a bind to find 5 games. Alot of the teams we usually play got bumped up to AAA, which they only needed three games to play. For example Tenn. High, Sullivan South, David Crockett, Sullivan Central, Volunteer, Daniel Boone, and David Crockett are all in AAA now. North is playing Boone, Central, and Volunteer from the local AAA teams. The main problem was the lack of availabilty of the other local schools schedule for North, due to them only having three out of conference games, where we needed five.

I agree with you also on cheering our fellow Kingsport teams. I hope come playoff time North, DB, and South all make a good showing. Last year the three teams were combined 30 wins and 5 loses. The best that I can remember.

There should be some good games next year for North. The Boone and Elizabethton game especially. I agree with what you said Crawdad. All of these games look winable, but looseable at the same time. I would prefer Clintwood over Rye Cove and Tri-Cities Christian too, but the new classification caused alot of problems. North was in a bind to find 5 games. Alot of the teams we usually play got bumped up to AAA, which they only needed three games to play. For example Tenn. High, Sullivan South, David Crockett, Sullivan Central, Volunteer, Daniel Boone, and David Crockett are all in AAA now. North is playing Boone, Central, and Volunteer from the local AAA teams. The main problem was the lack of availabilty of the other local schools schedule for North, due to them only having three out of conference games, where we needed five.

I agree with you also on cheering our fellow Kingsport teams. I hope come playoff time North, DB, and South all make a good showing. Last year the three teams were combined 30 wins and 5 loses. The best that I can remember.

What happened to the Lee Generals? I thought you guys had them on schedule the last two years. Did they not want to renew a contract?

What happened to the Lee Generals? I thought you guys had them on schedule the last two years. Did they not want to renew a contract?

No, they didn't want to. Rye Cove did, and that is a close game for us. North always tries to have one or two Virginia schools on their schedule. I would like to see them play some of the Greene County schools in the next district of AA, or another Carter County school like Hampton or Clounland.

Where did you get those teams? Nice thinking! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Where did you get those teams? Nice thinking! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I wouldn't mind seeing them play Pittman again. That would be a good out of conference game. North use to play them all the time in 3A.

I wouldn't mind seeing them play Pittman again. That would be a good out of conference game. North use to play them all the time in 3A.

That would be a good series to pursue. They have had a strong program, are comparable in size to North, and would give the fans a nice road-trip to look forward to every other year.

On another topic, how does the returning team look for next year? Is the qb. returning? Any hope of any transfers again this year?

That would be a good series to pursue. They have had a strong program, are comparable in size to North, and would give the fans a nice road-trip to look forward to every other year.

On another topic, how does the returning team look for next year? Is the qb. returning? Any hope of any transfers again this year?

The QB will be #16 Chris Gilliam and North's Mr. Everything #7 Eric Pearcy. Pearcy will play alot at one of the wingback positions and run the ball. He will carry the ball 15 to 20 times this coming season. He will occasionally will line up at QB to throw and run the option. There aren't any transfers so far, but that could change. Last year is the first time that we benefited from transfers. In the previous years we have been on the loosing side of transfers. North had players leave to go play at DB or Gate City.

• 4 weeks later...

Sullivan North 2009 Schedule

Thur., 8/20 - @ Sullivan Central

Fri., 8/28 - @ Volunteer

Fri., 9/4 - vs. Sullivan East D

Fri., 9/11 - vs. Rye Cove, VA

Fri., 9/18 - @ Elizabethton D

Fri., 9/25 - vs. Daniel Boone

Fri., 10/2 - @ Johnson Co. D

Fri., 10/9 - OPEN

Thur., 10/15 - vs. Happy Valley D

Sat., 10/17 - @ Haysi, VA

Fri., 10/23 - OPEN

Fri., 10/30 - @ Unicoi Co. D

I heard today that there might be a transfer coming by the end of this week!

Any news on that transfer?