Will Cascade Win?

blueboy

There not quite sure what might happen friday night. We hear that this is the best team Watertown has had in 10 years. On top of that the coaches are bum fuzzled with what Watertown will do on offense and defense.

As far as Cascades team they lost a lot of seniors last year (15) with this in mind, the game should be a good close one.

Blueboy, this is actually more of a reply to one of your post in the Lewis Co-Moore Co thread than your topic here. In that thread, you stated that Cascade is a young team this year. I have read that several times this summer and I am wondering what facts are you, and others, basing this asessment. It is true that Cascade graduated 13 seniors off last year's team. And, it is also true that 11 of these seniors were starters at some point last season. However, what is lost in these facts is that the majority of the replacements for these seniors played as many, or nearly as many, snaps last year as the seniors they are replacing. For example, the defense is only replacing four starters from last year's team. All four are being replaced by their backup from last year's team. You would be correct in saying that Cascade does not have as much depth, particularly in the offensive line, as last year. But young? Not when the majority of the team is comprised of juniors and seniors. Will Cascade be as good as last year? They could be better, but we are about to get the answer to that question. I promise you, if they are not as good as last year, it will not be because they are young or inexperienced or not as talented or any other excuse.

As to your question, Cascade should win Friday night. I expect Watertown to be much improved over last year and I expect a hard-fought, close ballgame. In the end, I believe that Cascade's experience and the play of their special teams will be the difference.