District 6AA

purplemonster

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sequatchie won 14-0 over Hixson in five. It started raining pretty hard in the bottom of the fifth, luckily the game ended just before the monsoon hit. Seq left several on in the first two innings and just led 1-0. In the third they scored four even with leaving the bases loaded for the second straight inning. In the fourth they finally got the hitting going. Cooley homered twice, one leading off the inning and one a three-run shot. Tabor doubled for three RBIs in the fifth. Cooley had 5 RBIs in the game (3-3 and one HBP), Tabor 4 (2-2, one BB). Mitchell and Dawson each had two hits and Dawson got the shutout win, allowed five hits, walked three with two of those in the rain at the end. Mitchell and RF Marissa Keener each had an outfield assist, Keener's to first to prevent a hit and Mitchell's a long throw to home to end the game after a hit by Cena with two on. Hixson's pitcher walked nine and hit three, all before the rain started. You feel bad, somewhat, for someone struggling like that but they literally had nobody to put in, I was told, since an older pitcher has quit. Sequatchie is to play Grundy Tuesday depending on the weather and would take the district tournament top seed with a win.

Sequatchie won 7-0 over East Ridge at home today. Neither team had a hit or baserunner until the 4th inning. Sequatchie had trouble with the slow throwing pitcher the first go-around but hit the ball well in innings 4-6, totaled nine hits. East Ridge hurt themselves too with three errors on really basic defensive plays. Sequatchie's Cooley had 3 hits, Dawson and Mitchell each had 2 hits. Dawson drove in 3 runs. Dawson pitched, allowed 5 hits, struck out 7, walked none. Keeping the leadoff batter for ER from getting on was a big part of the shutout, it took some good plays in the field to do so. Sequatchie had no errors. If Marion defeated Grundy tonight that clinched the regular season for Sequatchie, also the top seed in the district tournament.

They added a little to the box score this morning how it clinched the regular season district, unless they meant at least a tie I think that was a little early. Right now as I have it looks like this in the top four:

Sequatchie 0 losses

Grundy 1 loss (to CCS)

CCS 2 losses (to Sequatchie and Marion)

Marion 3 losses (to Sequatchie, Grundy and Bledsoe)

After that it gets muddy since most of the rest except Bledsoe don't have their results on here, some don't even appear to call them into the paper.

Bledsoe didn't play Howard last night. Howard field was too wet.

They added a little to the box score this morning how it clinched the regular season district, unless they meant at least a tie I think that was a little early. Right now as I have it looks like this in the top four:

Sequatchie 0 losses

Grundy 1 loss (to CCS)

CCS 2 losses (to Sequatchie and Marion)

Marion 3 losses (to Sequatchie, Grundy and Bledsoe)

After that it gets muddy since most of the rest except Bledsoe don't have their results on here, some don't even appear to call them into the paper.

Sequatchie was to play at Whitwell today but it was called off, I don't know if it was postponed or canceled. Either way it was done too early. 30 minutes before the scheduled 5:00 start the field was in perfect shape, no water on it at all and the circle, home plate box and foul line had already been put down. The sun had been shining for half an hour and it was 80 degrees. I understand the need to let the umps know what's going on but at the very least it could have been moved back an hour if there were still any doubts about the weather. Sequatchie just needs games and innings, 11 games played and just 65 innings.