Its not fair!Or is it?

just1np

Private schools have the choice of playing in a financial aid giving division or the D-I non-financial aid classes.

Do public schools get this same option? I know, I know public schools are "free" anyway. And this "will never happen".

But IF, just if, in that one in a million chance, a public school wanted to play in the D-II class, could they? Does TSSAA address that? Or did they just assume no one would ask?

What if Rankin and Riverdale get tired of going 15-0, 14-1, or 11-1? What if they say " I want another shot at BA"? Do they (or any other public) have that opportunity?

And if they could, do they get to offer something such as free lunches and breakfasts?

Thoughts?

that is interesting. As you say, it would never happen at the highest levels, but what if Trousdale wanted to play DII AA or A, and win a state title every year? Interesting thought. this wouldn't happen b/c DII titles mean nothing really, except all the powerhouse DI schools were to cowardly to play you - for whatever reason.

Posted by just1np:

Private schools have the choice of playing in a financial aid giving division or the D-I non-financial aid classes.

Do public schools get this same option? I know, I know public schools are "free" anyway. And this "will never happen".

But IF, just if, in that one in a million chance, a public school wanted to play in the D-II class, could they? Does TSSAA address that? Or did they just assume no one would ask?

What if Rankin and Riverdale get tired of going 15-0, 14-1, or 11-1? What if they say " I want another shot at BA"? Do they (or any other public) have that opportunity?

And if they could, do they get to offer something such as free lunches and breakfasts?

Thoughts?

To answer your question, YES! Any school can request to play in the financial aid division II if they want to.