food at state this year?

112wrestler

I agree, with the wrestlers having to weigh in they are limited as to what they can eat. I did not see many wrestlers downing hotdogs, well at least not until late Saturday!

What is their other option. They can't bring in power bars or anything to drink to down after weigh-ins. Their only option is get the junk they sell.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there other option. They can't bring in power bars or anything to drink to down after weigh-ins. Their only option is get the junk they sell.

I'm thinking of bootleggin' in some stuff, so I'll be selling on the lower level /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm thinking of bootleggin' in some stuff, so I'll be selling on the lower level /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Don't you'ins get caught. I heard a fellar tried last yeer. When they caught him they took him back in the practice room and worked him over somethen awful. Blood on the walls and everythin. It was quite a sight. Thats the real reason they didn't let no body back there to warm up last year.

Gawd ernest truth. I swear.

Don't you'ins get caught. I heard a fellar tried last yeer. When they caught him they took him back in the practice room and worked him over somethen awful. Blood on the walls and everythin. It was quite a sight. Thats the real reason they didn't let no body back there to warm up last year.

Did they get to keep the food, if so it might have been worth it.

What were they bringing in? Duffel bags full of popcorn /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Ice cream, and hotdogs? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Between paying for hotel rooms, parking, hats, t-shirts and eating out /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> this is a slap in the face to the fans traveling form out of the Choo-Choo area. I think bringing in an apple or a bottle of water isn't hurting the TSSAA event.

Maybe we can pay for a out of town stamp /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

BTW- does anyone know if this rule helped the concession sales?

Subway, McDonalds, Wendy's and Krystals ............ just the one's I remember. I thought it was crazy too ...... then they let be see what was being picked up after the matches were over. Maybe if people had carried out their garbage this would never had happened. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And ........ If I remember correctly, this was a TSSAA order.

To answer the question from the first post ................... I don't know.

That's alright, I had 3 brothers and I'm use to fighting over food. We had us a few knock downs over the last biscuit many a time

I'd be willing to wager, Freedom Hall arena at the Science Hill high school would be more than happy to guarantee we could get the thursday, friday, saturday dates for the state tournament which was the norm until last year. I used to love the UTC round house but it may be time to offer the event to someone who actually puts the wrestlers first. There is a reason Fed Ex provides better service than the post office. Competition.

Heck rotate it like the other sports in the spring! Middle TN has a few lodations.It would be nice to see some middle TN and West TN teams have a chance to make some money from the Tourney.

I love the Baylor and McCallie folks and it seams like I see them working the food sites when I go every year. I would think a few bucks is going back into their great programs.

Choo-Choo town has always been the hot bed of TN Wrestling but it would be great to spred the joy of the State Tourney to other parts of the state. Let the Hot Bed area sleep in a strange bed for a change and have to eat the crap the TSSAA has forced on us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think the UTC group are starting to take all of the Wrestling fans for granted. I would think Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville, Memphis or the Tri-cities area would like three days of fans dropping bucks.

Clarksville seams to like us during team state. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The tournaments need to rotate. That is really the only fair solution. East Tennessee - Middle Tennessee - West Tennessee. The site can rotate within each of the three areas too if there are muiltiple locations that can provide the services. I know an effort is underway to get the TriCities area into the mix. Some people in Middle TN need to get to work finding a location or two. How about Jackson in the West -there is an arena there or certainly in Memphis. Travelling to Jackson or Memphis one year in three from East TN isn't that big of a deal more than going to Clarksville.