Siegel

boroman4now

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearson looks sharp at 3B. How will this affect the lineup?

Game started out with Pearson @ 3rd, Fullerton @ SS, Dove @ 2nd, Bartlet @1st, Kosinski @C, OF was Moore, C.Taylor, and Sims LF,CF,RF. Pearson did well as all did. Big question is how will Coach R. get the tallent he has on the field? Sloss needs to play for his bat as well as Pearson. If those two play, then Fullerton sits - he can hit and has SICK speed - 6.6 60yd times. He is on 2nd if you bobble the ball. Probably need to move him to OF where he can run. This puts a kink on the JR dominated playing time in the OF. Parents need to realize that this is tough for Coach R. to sort through. It is a dream situation for a coach and we all need to sit back and watch that dog hunt!

"Right here, Right now"

Game started out with Pearson @ 3rd, Fullerton @ SS, Dove @ 2nd, Bartlet @1st, Kosinski @C, OF was Moore, C.Taylor, and Sims LF,CF,RF. Pearson did well as all did. Big question is how will Coach R. get the tallent he has on the field? Sloss needs to play for his bat as well as Pearson. If those two play, then Fullerton sits - he can hit and has SICK speed - 6.6 60yd times. He is on 2nd if you bobble the ball. Probably need to move him to OF where he can run. This puts a kink on the JR dominated playing time in the OF. Parents need to realize that this is tough for Coach R. to sort through. It is a dream situation for a coach and we all need to sit back and watch that dog hunt!

"Right here, Right now"

I know y'all have a big time playmaker/bat in right field in Shaffer so I would assume right field is not an option for Fullerton. So where do you put him? You got Moore in left and Duval or Taylor in center. If Fullerton is that fast and can hit he'll play somewhere, but your right, it's a good problem for a coach to have.

I know y'all have a big time playmaker/bat in right field in Shaffer so I would assume right field is not an option for Fullerton. So where do you put him? You got Moore in left and Duval or Taylor in center. If Fullerton is that fast and can hit he'll play somewhere, but your right, it's a good problem for a coach to have.

Is shaffer healthy?

I remember that too...my son was on deck and i was worried that he was going to get carved up by Neil. I truely hate the injury and his recovery has been in my prayers since it happened ...i hate hearing this about a kid..ive got a little story on him when he was young ...

when he was 9 he played for the cardinals and they had a real good team and of course not many players could hit Neil (he truely hasa gift of an arm)when he got 2 strikes on a kid he would get the call for a curve ball and you would see him smile real big so i would know what was coming LOL of course i was umpring and getting the laugh its always good to see a kid having fun playing a game

To those of us that don't know the story of Neil Robinson,please enlighten us. What happened? His age(class)?

Kid must be an awsome talent to garner all the talk/support. Thanks

If Reavis moves Fulerton to the outfield it will have to be centerfield I would guess. Shafer has two years experience in right and you have to have his bat in the lineup. Moore should return to freshman form soon. With Fulertons speed center field would be the best fit but I don't know if coach is working him in the outfield. Both of the practices I've seen he was at short and thats where he played in the scrimmage. Duvall and Taylor are good players too. What do you do when you have 11 or 12 guys that can make a difference but only 9 places to put them.

If Reavis moves Fulerton to the outfield it will have to be centerfield I would guess. Shafer has two years experience in right and you have to have his bat in the lineup. Moore should return to freshman form soon. With Fulertons speed center field would be the best fit but I don't know if coach is working him in the outfield. Both of the practices I've seen he was at short and thats where he played in the scrimmage. Duvall and Taylor are good players too. What do you do when you have 11 or 12 guys that can make a difference but only 9 places to put them.

You are correct! What do you do? Great problem to have! Pearson and Fullerton are both Soph so they have less experience but can and will contribute. Moore contributed when he was a Frosh and so did Shafer. Cory had a pulled hammie last season or he would be even more seasoned. C. Taylor is no second teamer either - he can hit, run and pitch - good arm strength. Duval is nursing an arm problem and may or may not be 100%. I expect that it will be who brings the bat to the park - not homers but on base %. Coach likes opo hitters so that will play into it. Like I've said, it's a nice position for him to have. We won't know what lineup we'll face when we go to Siegel!

You are correct! What do you do? Great problem to have! Pearson and Fullerton are both Soph so they have less experience but can and will contribute. Moore contributed when he was a Frosh and so did Shafer. Cory had a pulled hammie last season or he would be even more seasoned. C. Taylor is no second teamer either - he can hit, run and pitch - good arm strength. Duval is nursing an arm problem and may or may not be 100%. I expect that it will be who brings the bat to the park - not homers but on base %. Coach likes opo hitters so that will play into it. Like I've said, it's a nice position for him to have. We won't know what lineup we'll face when we go to Siegel!

Here's one for you. If Shafers arm is still hurting who do you DH for the season opener? Robinson or Shafer? Can you find a way to get both of their bats in the line up? These are the two leading hitters returning from last year and both hit 5 home runs each.

Sounds like Duval, Taylor, and the rest of the guys will have to move over for Fullerton who seems to be a superstar from what you Siegel people are saying. How well does he hit the baseball? I know the other 2 CF's aren't great hitters but I have known Duval since county ball and I know he is fast. Is the Fullerton kid that much faster than him? That there is some serious speed my friend. Catchers BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Here's one for you. If Shafers arm is still hurting who do you DH for the season opener? Robinson or Shafer? Can you find a way to get both of their bats in the line up? These are the two leading hitters returning from last year and both hit 5 home runs each.

Shaffer's arm will be fine. The players get on here and read this stuff and it just makes things worse when you speculate about an injury that you know nothing about. He came out throwing 110% after a 7 month layoff and his shoulder hurts. It doesn't bother him when he swings the bat and his X-ray was negative. He'll be ready to go before the season starts and that's all that matters. Forget about Shaffer's arm and move on to another topic.