refs refs refs stunk!

godevilsgo

like we all say all the refs dont see what we see from the crowd thats why it all gets blamed on them. there not perfect and neither are we we have a better look at the floor then the refs do.

Last year being a jc fan, I think it had the worst refs. I have ever seen. I said so then

nearly every game we played we had to overcome the refs. and the team we were

playing. This year overall the refs. have been fair, and done a good job. If we had

the same ones we had last year, we would have lost 5 to 6 more games. So I

commend the 7A refs. for the job they have done. Also 7AA. The games we lost

were to better teams, or poor play on our part. We are rebuilding and that is to

be expected. Only Two starters back. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year being a jc fan, I think it had the worst refs. I have ever seen. I said so then

nearly every game we played we had to overcome the refs. and the team we were

playing. This year overall the refs. have been fair, and done a good job. If we had

the same ones we had last year, we would have lost 5 to 6 more games. So I

commend the 7A refs. for the job they have done. Also 7AA. The games we lost

were to better teams, or poor play on our part. We are rebuilding and that is to

be expected. Only Two starters back. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Coach, thanks for the Kudos ! The entire staff of officials that works those leagues that you mentioned go out on the court with the mindset that the game they are assigned that night is the "most important game in the state" because it is the most important game in the state to those kids and their coaches and their fans. I am not saying that there is not room for improvement. Officials are rated (like most people at their jobs)and can move up and down the scale based on lots of criteria.

1. Did they go to camp to work on their skills last year ?

2. How flexible are they with being able to work assignments (guys blocking lots of dates do not get many games)

3. How well do they communicate (both with their partners and the coaches, Athletic directors, etc)

4. Are they a leader on the court ?

5. Do they use the appropriate/perscribed high school signals and mechanics ?

While the rating is very subjective, it seems to be working well.

Its not the ref's job to call an equal number of fouls for each team. They just call the fouls. Maybe your team fouled more than the other team. Toughest job to officiate is basketball. Give them a break.

No that would be Soccer and calling balls and strikes on a 90 degree day. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will concede that Basketball refs put up with more crap from the fans and some coaches than other refs because the of the tight Gyms.

I wish we had more refs like the lady that called the JC/C'RANGE game she was very efficient and a looker; heck we can stand a few calls that don't go our way to see talent that looks that good; and the gripping will go way down cause it will help the ugly men refs cause most of us are looking at her and don't know if its a bad call or not,

I wish we had more refs like the lady that called the JC/C'RANGE game she was very efficient and a looker; heck we can stand a few calls that don't go our way to see talent that looks that good; and the gripping will go way down cause it will help the ugly men refs cause most of us are looking at her and don't know if its a bad call or not,

Now THAT is an honest man...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hey im just on here doing what clarkrange done last year when they where beat 5 times and complaining about the refs. so see now any clarkrange fan knows what they sounded like. and i will say they all played with heart but the lady buffalos come thru when it meant the most!

Well, we still get the raw end most nights. In fact, when we played in KY over Christmas, Coach asked one of the refs Can't we get a break here? The ref turned and said 14-0 Doesn't look like you need any breaks! Are we saying now that if you're good you should be prepared for getting the shaft? yeah that's what I'm saying. At least at Clarkrange we're used to it. We've been fortunate enough to have lots of practice. We now just know we aren't getting anything. You work for it all. I have yelled at a lot of refs, but if you're good enough, you can overcome that.