12 AAA

OffTheRecord

maybe so, do you have the reclassification teams in that District for next year in AA. It looks to me that AA for next year will be very tough. It's tough enough state wide anyway. You are getting into a very hard Division.

CPA

David Lipscomb

East Lit

Hume Fogg

MLK

Maplewood

Pearl Cohn

Stratford

Whites Creek

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA

David Lipscomb

East Lit

Hume Fogg

MLK

Maplewood

Pearl Cohn

Stratford

Whites Creek

Wow, nothing wrong with that. You are going to be in a District that draws alot of good crowds without much drop off in play. How have your crowds been this year? That is going to be a tough District? Many AA Districts have great coaches?

PHargis, our crowds are reasonable. They tend to vary depending on the night and the team we play. Overall, we are way ahead of where we were when I came to East Lit. The coaching has proven to be solid in our present district, both boys and girls. I believe the future will hold some new and exciting rivalries that will also boost attendance. I have always said that the toughest district to play in is the one you're in right now. Next year will be no exception.

PHargis, our crowds are reasonable. They tend to vary depending on the night and the team we play. Overall, we are way ahead of where we were when I came to East Lit. The coaching has proven to be solid in our present district, both boys and girls. I believe the future will hold some new and exciting rivalries that will also boost attendance. I have always said that the toughest district to play in is the one you're in right now. Next year will be no exception.

Coach, as you already know, attendance has to be cultivated and has a great deal to do with good coaching and the program putting on a great show. Don't know about this year but next year with those teams, showtime plus.

It sure doesn't seem like it:) That being said, with all of the negative stuff that goes on here sometimes, I am glad region 6-AAA stays offline.

There are really only three teams with a shot to move on to state, Hillsboro, McGavock, and Brentwood. There are a couple of others (Antioch, Glencliff, Overton, Franklin, Ravenwood) that could pull an upset or two, but those three are the only three with a realistic shot of beating any 5-AAA teams.

I really hope McGavock pulls it out. Whoever wins the 11-AAA tournament will have a much easier road to the region final than McGavock will.

McGavock and Hillsboro are two of the best teams in the state. District 12-AAA has some talent, but I agree, as a whole the district is not nearly as strong as 11-AAA.

Antioch-has talented guards and big post players.

Glencliff-has a couple of very talented players, but no depth.

Hunters Lane?? They have size and talent, but they are just not playing well.

I'm not a McGavock parent, but I'm really pulling for McGavock to go on represent district 12AAA in the state tournament. I think they will do well.

McGavock and Hillsboro are two of the best teams in the state. District 12-AAA has some talent, but I agree, as a whole the district is not nearly as strong as 11-AAA.

Antioch-has talented guards and big post players.

Glencliff-has a couple of very talented players, but no depth.

Hunters Lane?? They have size and talent, but they are just not playing well.

I'm not a McGavock parent, but I'm really pulling for McGavock to go on represent district 12AAA in the state tournament. I think they will do well.

I, like you, follow McGavock due to a poster I have posted with who is a parent. 12AAA is good to follow but attendance is not something they excell in for some reasons. I hope they do well.

McGavock hosted Antioch tonight. With McGavock @ full strength for the 1st time in over a week, they beat Antioch 66-37 with the coach pulling the starters early in the 4th quarter.

Who do you think will take 2nd place in the District: Antioch, Hunters Lane or Glencliff?

Who do you think will take 2nd place in the District: Antioch, Hunters Lane or Glencliff?

I think Glencliff will. They run their sets really well, & do a good job minimizing their weaknesses. They just have to stay out of foul trouble since they don't really have a bench. Hunters Lane on paper would seem to be the stronger team, but there's something off there. I've only seen them play against McGavock so maybe you've seen something different.

• 3 weeks later...