A/AA State Duals--Pick'em

BuckLateral

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I give. EFT - Electronic Funds Transfer, Emotional Freedom Techniques, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Electronic Field Trips, Energy Financing Team, Every________Thing?

Can ND 4peat? The REAL Irish make it 6 (count the traditionals) and move back to DII for some competition because it's getting boring.

Everyone's Favorite Team. So named by BCB after the first title.

Where have you been, country?

Bare Cat:

This morning's Tennessean has labeled EFT as the favorite as well. Must have been drinking from the same crack research team----Jamison's Irish Whiskey--------you have been into all week.

Have you plugged those two weight classes you forfeited at Region Duals with a couple of new recruits? Or are you going to spot everyone 12 points and still whip them? Good luck. I'd like to see EFT pull off the fourpeat but I think this is the toughest field yet in A/AA and I'm afraid this might be the year of the Nation------shoot, they even have a Jarhead and his buddies out on the Rock ( a/k/a Okinawa ) pulling for them.

Will you be doing a drive-by at the D-II festivities at Ryan this weekend to "work" the crowd again and support your second favorite team and former employer, TBSFBAG? Boo Boo tells me he will there.

Morning Bucky Poo,

Buck I can confess now, that the Irish have no chance of 4 peating. Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

We have been blessed the last 3 years to get by with no injuries, but not this year. I want to send my congrats to THE NATION on winning this year, and I hope they enjpy their accompliments.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You know, on second thought....................

I don't think we are quite ready to be detroned. So to qoute a line from my favorite movie... " We whupped them again Josie Wales "

Go Irish

Morning Bucky Poo,

Buck I can confess now, that the Irish have no chance of 4 peating. Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

We have been blessed the last 3 years to get by with no injuries, but not this year. I want to send my congrats to THE NATION on winning this year, and I hope they enjpy their accompliments.

bcb iii

You know, on second thought....................

I don't think we are quite ready to be detroned. So to qoute a line from my favorite movie... " We whupped them again Josie Wales "

Go Irish

If EFT wins, you will be hard to live with. Let me rephrase that, if EFT wins you will be harder than ever to live with.

Everyone's Favorite Team. So named by BCB after the first title.

Where have you been, country?

The first title was 1968. It was in the New Gym, Al had not invented the internet, Whatley was still just Pez, the Bradley boys were still just wrestling farm animals (not a reference anything else but wrestling) and Baylor and McCallie were in Hersey Pa at the prep school nationals.

The first title was 1968. It was in the New Gym, Al had not invented the internet, Whatley was still just Pez, the Bradley boys were still just wrestling farm animals (not a reference anything else but wrestling) and Baylor and McCallie were in Hersey Pa at the prep school nationals.

I was referring to the first A-AA title since this post is about the A-AA Dual Wresting Championship, which we did not have in 1968. The title won by NDHS was the 1968 Traditional State Title ( individual and team champions). However, it was not won in Notre Dame's new gym, but in Nashville, at the old Donelson High School. Notre Dame hosted the state championships in its new gym the year before in 1967, where Pez won his first state championship (ND actually entered the new school during the 1965-1966 school year). East Ridge won the title in 1967. Notre Dame the next year. And again in 1970. There was no internet, Whatley was still just Pez, Anderson was still just Yogi, Mara was still just Kenny, Francis was still just Martin, Baylor and McCallie were still at prep school nationals----- but I have no memory of what the Bradley boys were doing with those farm animals.

I was referring to the first A-AA title since this post is about the A-AA Dual Wresting Championship, which we did not have in 1968. The title won by NDHS was the 1968 Traditional State Title ( individual and team champions). However, it was not won in Notre Dame's new gym, but in Nashville, at the old Donelson High School. Notre Dame hosted the state championships in its new gym the year before in 1967, where Pez won his first state championship (ND actually entered the new school during the 1965-1966 school year). East Ridge won the title in 1967. Notre Dame the next year. And again in 1970. There was no internet, Whatley was still just Pez, Anderson was still just Yogi, Mara was still just Kenny, Francis was still just Martin, Baylor and McCallie were still at prep school nationals----- but I have no memory of what the Bradley boys were doing with those farm animals.

[/quote

The gym was still the New Gym in 1968. The Old (ancient) was on E 8th. I'm thinking of '69. ND has 4 champions to the faux Irish's 2. 1970 was at Hills something or other in N'ville. ND by 1 over Gordon Connell's alma mater.

But we digress. How many will ND forfeit tonight?