9 A/AA

anonymous12

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This district should be very interesting this year... here are my views on the teams (in no particular order)

Goodpasture - they made a great run last year but still lost just a few seniors, they should still be very competitive

CPA - their key loss is Dean Myers, they should still reload and be near the top of the district

FRA - i believe they only lost a very few amount of seniors, should be a little better than last year

DCA - I dont know a lot about them, but I dont think they lost many seniors either, still a young team

MLK - lost Schlosser and other important players, but a deep team who should be at the top of the district

Ezell - lost their tall midfielder (#15 maybe?), but should still be in the hunt

East Lit - getting better every year, watch out for them in the future

Hume Fogg - should be one of the best teams in the district this year, I think they only lost 2-3 seniors

Lipscomb - had a down year last year, but their younger players have more experience so they should be competitive this year

Should be a great year and I am interested to see how the season plays out and good luck to all of the teams

Good analysis of District 9 A-AA.

Sadly this is the last year of this great distirct to be intact. It has been together since the 90s. The only change was the loss of Page about 7 years ago.

As you know Ezell, DCA and FRA are leaving. Maplewood and Stratford will be added but its not certain that they will have teams.

The 3 leaving teams have had great history in the district with FRA dominating most of the early part of this decade and DCA dominating in the 1990s. Ezell also made the state tournament once.

I think there will be an extra motivation to win the district this year as it is the last time it will have all of the teams.

As to predictions. I think HF, CPA, MLK and Goodpasture which were the top 4 last year will be tough to beat. Then again you can never count out a team coached by Ken McDonald. DL, DCA and Ezell were towards the bottom but you never know in this district where teams can rise and fall in the standings dramatically. Take Goodpasture which finished 8th in 2007 yet won the district in 2008.

Sadly the only consitency in the standings has been East Lit at the bottom but you never know!!!

I had not heard that DCA, FRA, and Ezell were leaving. FRA has some very good underclassmen in the pipeline, inlcuding a couple who can be expected to make an impact as freshmen. MLK has several talented freshmen who play on good club teams, though several of them need to grow before they will make much of an impact on the varsity.

Predictions

1. Hume Fogg- They have many returning starters, and lost only a couple of seniors

2. CPA- Lost Dean Myers but they are always good

3. MLK- Lost Garrett but still have some key players left

4. Goodpasture- I have heard that they lost 13 seniors.. Is that correct?

5. DCA- Tyler Wheeler is going to destroy this year

6. Ezell Harding- Lost #15 but still have alot of returners

7. FRA- Dont know anything about them this year

8. East Literature- They are getting better each year so i have a feeling they wont get last this year

9. David Lipscomb- Dont know anything about DL this year

What do you think of my predictions?

Predictions

1. Hume Fogg- They have many returning starters, and lost only a couple of seniors

2. CPA- Lost Dean Myers but they are always good

3. MLK- Lost Garrett but still have some key players left

4. Goodpasture- I have heard that they lost 13 seniors.. Is that correct?

5. DCA- Tyler Wheeler is going to destroy this year

6. Ezell Harding- Lost #15 but still have alot of returners

7. FRA- Dont know anything about them this year

8. East Literature- They are getting better each year so i have a feeling they wont get last this year

9. David Lipscomb- Dont know anything about DL this year

What do you think of my predictions?

I agree with the top 3, but i think 4-8 will be closer with east lit being 9 (sadly but they will still be competitive)

I dont think it really matters anyway. you all know that a East Tn team is going to bring home the state championship.

I don't know madrid..... Hume Fogg is looking really good this year. We have many returning seniors with Wilson, Justin, and Grant.. Kyle is garbage even though he thinks he is amazing

I don't know madrid..... Hume Fogg is looking really good this year. We have many returning seniors with Wilson, Justin, and Grant.. Kyle is garbage even though he thinks he is amazing

I agree with anonymous 12, Wilson is probably one of the best keepers in this district, Justin and Grant play with alot of passion, and Kyle, well apparently he is trash, I haven't heard anything about him. But the other three are exceptional players.