DB

TRIBE1

Science Hill lost to Elizabethton 34-28. The Hilltoppers were up 14-0 and then again 21-6 but then Elizabethton's tailback Walter Brown started running crazy and the Topper defense didn't have an answer for him. SH's offense looked pretty good and their defense looked alright until the 3rd quarter when they looked as if they started to collapse. SH QB Kye Hamilton played a real good game and the Topper receiving corps looked pretty sharp for most of the game. They need to work on their running game. Elizabethton tailback Walter Brown looked VERY sharp! This guy is quick and has good moves. Opponents will have a tough time containing him and Vince Redd. I think Brown is being recruited by Vanderbuilt...I heard that tonight anyway. It was an excellent game, came down to the wire, huge crowd. Does anybody know about Nick Bradley's condition? He went out fairly early in the game I think because of cramps but he never came back in.

BTW Tribe why was DB having so much trouble with South? I didn't think South was supposed to be very good.

Guest DBfootballFAN

DB beat South 27-14 the rebels were a really improved from last years team, but it still was not enough to stop the tribe. The streak continues!!!!!

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Db came out in the second half started playing like themselves. Since McMillan was out, and his backup out for the year, two sophomores were running the ball and both of them really made themselves look real good and terrible by fumbling the ball 3 times each. Brent Mears(QB) and Lamon Williams (WR) carried the team with Mears throwing 4TDs, 3 of them to Williams. The linebackers looked pretty weak, but that will improve if coach Vance has anything to do with it. DB hasn't had a weak linebacking corps in a long time. Don't get me wrong, South is a team on the rise, but they just can't keep up with DB's speed.(The same story every year) How did the Hamilton kid play against Betsy?

Thanks for the info on DB/South. When will MacMillan be back for the Indians? Kye Hamilton played pretty good against the Cyclones. He looked sharp for the majority of the night and the majority of his passes were accurate. He completed 14 of 28 passes for 174 yards with I think 2 interceptions. A few of his passes were also right on target but were dropped by his receivers. Also the Hilltopper receiving corps looked very impressive for most of the night. I was unsure about how the receivers would be but after tonight's game I have to say they look like a very good group. The most impressive was Chantz Scott who has plenty of speed and had some good moves. At one point SH went for it on 4th and 18 and Hamilton hit Scott for a 31 yard TD pass. Nick Bradley,Chris Patton, Lemuel Holifield, and big Anthoney Barcell also made some nice plays at receiver. Last year the Hilltoppers had one excellent receiver in Bryson Bowling and it seems like this year they have 3 or 4 with a lot of potential. The SH running game looked ok, but it needs some work. Like I said earlier the SH OL looked very good. The DL looked very sharp early in the game and they still looked pretty good towards the end of the game but they still need some work. The secondary looked sharp at times and disappeared at other times. The Hilltoppers look good but there is always some room for improvement.