Cumberland co 24-Webb21

jimbo44

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember exactley. Webbs #5 was their main offensive threat. I think that he was the one who burned the CC defence for the first score of the game. It was about a 20 or 25yd toss with a 50yd dash. I think he scored their second td on about a 45yd dash from scrimmage. I couldn't hear the announcer most of the time, because of the band. Webb did have a point after try hit the uprights, but made that up on a 2 point conversion, after their last td. :):)

It was a good game, much like last year. Basically it was Webb's speedy backs vs. Cumberland County's strength up front. As for Gabe West and John Inman, West had at least 6 or 7 pancake blocks. Gabe's a lethal pulling guard. "Big" John Inman was pancaked and blown off the ball all night by Cumberland County's front. Inman does not strike me at all as the guy that Tom Lemming put in his top 100 this spring. Maybe he can beat up on those small private schools, but judging from how Cumberland County ran over, around, and through him in my opinion, he is not Div. 1 caliber. I'll be the first to give credit to Webb's backfield (Brandon Berry and others). They have an excellent corps of LBs. Webb's outside running game and passing attack looked solid.

The front five of Cumberland County dominated Webb and Inman. When Inman lined up opn the right side # 75, Sean Mullikin handled him easily. When he switched to the left to get away from # 75 he ran into # 53 Gabe West, who gave him more of the same. Billy Kraus, Johnny Perham and Jake Houston took care of everyone else and blowing Webb off the line. Maybe you can't believe everything you read in these top players polls.

Posted by Jetsfan:

The front five of Cumberland County dominated Webb and Inman. When Inman lined up opn the right side # 75, Sean Mullikin handled him easily. When he switched to the left to get away from # 75 he ran into # 53 Gabe West, who gave him more of the same.

didn't move inman to get away from mullikin moved him bcause the other tackle was having even more problems and were trying to stop a certain play

Parham did a great job, he is the left tackle beside Gabe, and he was lined up against Inman most of the night. I feel he may be the most underrated player on CCHS's front line.

[Edited by muld on 9-3-02 9:42P]

I can understand that you are a big #53, West supporter by seeing your past messages. That's great and he is a

very talented young man. However, all five boys on the line have had great games this year. It is a powerhouse offensive line. It does seem alittle sad to try to promote one player by belittling the talents and successes of the other four. An offive line needs all five boys working together and that is what happened against Webb.

Posted by BriC:

did anyone notice how many penalties were called on webb? over 15 (and most in the 3rd quarter when CC took the lead)and only 2 on hometown cumberland...

Did you notice in the 3rd quarter where Webb had to punt the ball 3 or 4 times before they could get one off without a penalty? TSSAA doesn't allow "home cooking" refs, so I don't think the fact the game was in Crossville had anything to do with it.