GC VS MILAN

gibsoncounty5

Comparing Milan football to basketball makes no sense, but that's something totally different. Remember that Milan boys went 2-25 just three years ago, and this is their first winning season since '03-'04.

I've made several posts that were skeptical of Gibson Co. basketball this year. But the Pioneers did show a few bright spots (beating Obion Central at Troy back in December, beating Peabody twice, winning at Dyersburg last week, and their effort through three quarters against Westview both times and Milan two out of three games). I think Coach Hart did a good job, and things are improving for Gibson Co. boys. They lose a few talented players, including Masagna and Reeves. But even though the district gets tougher (with Covington, Ripley and Haywood) next year, the Pioneers will be ready to compete. Best of luck to them.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing Milan football to basketball makes no sense, but that's something totally different. Remember that Milan boys went 2-25 just three years ago, and this is their first winning season since '03-'04.

I've made several posts that were skeptical of Gibson Co. basketball this year. But the Pioneers did show a few bright spots (beating Obion Central at Troy back in December, beating Peabody twice, winning at Dyersburg last week, and their effort through three quarters against Westview both times and Milan two out of three games). I think Coach Hart did a good job, and things are improving for Gibson Co. boys. They lose a few talented players, including Masagna and Reeves. But even though the district gets tougher (with Covington, Ripley and Haywood) next year, the Pioneers will be ready to compete. Best of luck to them.

I did not compare Milan's football with their basketball! There is no were in my post where i said their basketball is no where near their football! Everone knows Milan is a football town! I was saying Milan gets more breaks than most teams! I was simply stating they are a bunch of sore losers! As long as they are winning it is all great when they start losing its they cheated we got bad calls! I been listening to it for darn near 50 years! Thats all i was trying to say! I not trying to be smart just stating facts! If u asked most of the people in this county will tell u the same thing!! U win like a champ and and lose like one!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I did not compare Milan's football with their basketball! There is no were in my post where i said their basketball is no where near their football! Everone knows Milan is a football town! I was saying Milan gets more breaks than most teams! I was simply stating they are a bunch of sore losers! As long as they are winning it is all great when they start losing its they cheated we got bad calls! I been listening to it for darn near 50 years! Thats all i was trying to say! I not trying to be smart just stating facts! If u asked most of the people in this county will tell u the same thing!! U win like a champ and and lose like one!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

LOL.... tell us how you really feel. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It sure sounded like you were saying they have the same attitude about basketball and football. I said, that is not true. Don't have to look very far to see that. But, and it's not like I'm trying to stick up for Milan, isn't it a Gibson Co. fan that said they lost because they got cheated? Maybe you have some bad blood towards the purple 'Dawgs.

It sure sounded like you were saying they have the same attitude about basketball and football. I said, that is not true. Don't have to look very far to see that. But, and it's not like I'm trying to stick up for Milan, isn't it a Gibson Co. fan that said they lost because they got cheated? Maybe you have some bad blood towards the purple 'Dawgs.

That may be true! I'm saying Milan plain don't like to lose! No one does but that is part of it! Lose like u win with a little grace! NO i don't like Milan and don't care who knows it! If they would learn to lose with grace it would not be so bad! Go sometimes to a Milan game some night especially during football season! If they lose they call the refs cheaters even the radio personal do the same thing! Its everbodys fault if they lose! They want never change they just that way!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

That may be true! I'm saying Milan plain don't like to lose! No one does but that is part of it! Lose like u win with a little grace! NO i don't like Milan and don't care who knows it! If they would learn to lose with grace it would not be so bad! Go sometimes to a Milan game some night especially during football season! If they lose they call the refs cheaters even the radio personal do the same thing! Its everbodys fault if they lose! They want never change they just that way!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I've been to enough Milan football games to know that for the majority of people, that's true. But I'm still confused as to why you went off on Milan fans. The basketball game we're talking about, it was the Gibson Co. fan that was saying they lost because the referees cheated.

I've been to enough Milan football games to know that for the majority of people, that's true. But I'm still confused as to why you went off on Milan fans. The basketball game we're talking about, it was the Gibson Co. fan that was saying they lost because the referees cheated.

I told u i don't like Milan any more ? Thats all the reason i need!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Does anybody know what the second T against Gibson County was called for. I totally missed it. I was watching Ralphie rolling around in his blood. I was sitting near the GC bench and totally missed what was said or done????

well, after shepherd elbowed ralph in the face and ralph got called for the foul, rolling around in his own pool of blood... coach walked out to check on him and when he walked by the ref who called 5 consecutive offensive fouls he muttered somethin to him... then the ref immediately t'd him up... ha wonder what coach hart said /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

lol if u know josh then u would also know this wasn't exactly his first time to get t'd up... his 20th one or so he probably deserved just as much as the first... gotta keep ur cool in a game of that importance... especially when ur reputation precedes u as someone who has gotten a few techs before...

I will say this about Josh even though he should of kept his composure, I have been to 20 gc games this year and that is the 1st Tech I have seen him get... I know he was a terror out there on the court last season with his attitude and received many Tech's among other things, but he did a great job for Coach Hart this year. I wont even answer some comments by another former Coach at GC, no reason to aknowledge ignorance. As for the 2nd Tech, it was on Coach Hart I am told for saying something to the same grey headed ref after Ralph was bleeding all over the court and got the foul called on him.

I am glad that other people are now posting on here what a great job the GC boys did this year and how much improved they are and I totally agree that things will keep getting better as GC has a very young team returning next year. Looks like the system does work when it is fully understood and time is given! HA HA HA!! The kids showed great progress all year as improvement could be seen from game to game. Good luck to all the district 13aa teams tomorrow night! Great 1st season under a new program for the GC boys!

You can not say that the game was one-sided. I will say that the refs did make some bad calls, but it you can not put all the blame on them. Sometimes you have to look at what the players did. Gibson did make some key mistakes at the end that possibly cost them the game. So if you say that Milan coach paid the refs well i am guessing that every other coach of the teams that beat Gibson Co. did too. EVERYTHING CANNOT BE BLAMED ON THE REFS. LOOK AT HOW THE PLAYERS PLAYED THE GAME AND THAT IS WHAT DETERMINES WHO WON THE GAME. THE GAME IS IN THE PAST SO LEAVE IT IN THE PAST. GET OVER IT. BOTH TEAMS PLAYED A GOOD GAME AND HAD GREAT SEASONS. SO LEAVE IT AT THAT. THESE CHILDISH THINGS HAVE GOT TO STOP.