Dekalb co. vs. Cannon co.

BigPun

I totally agree!!! Both coaches are really working with these young kids. They teach more than just basketball. Both coaches have class and integrity. Not like the Livingstons and Uppermans pressing with their starters while being up 28 points in the 4th quarter. One day DeKalb and Cannon will be the 2 top teams in the District and I hope the coaches for the the other 2 previously mentioned teams are still around to get back what they have been dishing out. Good luck to both programs in the upcoming years.

What a ridiculous statement. Its ridiculous because you don't understand the other side. The only thing you see is getting blown out. I will say good things about Cannons and Dekalbs coaches. They do a good job and work hard. But to put down LA's and Uppermans coaches is stupid. I know that LAs coach has cleared his bench in the FIRST half of more than one district game this year. LA could have scored 100-150 points many times this year but Melton decided not too i guess. You think its been bad? It could have been much worse! WHat's wrong with teaching the young players how to run the press a little bit in the 4th. Has LA and Upperman won big? Yes. Could it have been worse? MUCH.

Dekalb County girls are probably going to be on top of the district one day too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree!!! Both coaches are really working with these young kids. They teach more than just basketball. Both coaches have class and integrity. Not like the Livingstons and Uppermans pressing with their starters while being up 28 points in the 4th quarter. One day DeKalb and Cannon will be the 2 top teams in the District and I hope the coaches for the the other 2 previously mentioned teams are still around to get back what they have been dishing out. Good luck to both programs in the upcoming years.

Not showing much class or intelligence for that matter for you to post something like this. I have never heard such poor attempt at a put down. Livingston and Upperman coaches may have their flaws, but they certainly have plenty of class and integrity. They can't help the fact that their 2nd string is just as good as most team's 1st string. I have never seen either coach have their starters in and still be pressing while up 25+ in the 4th quarter.

This is nothing more than a weak attempt to put two coaches down by a very sore loser. The only thing LA and Upperman have been dishing out is losses to other teams. If you don't like it, spend more time in the gym and be able to compete one day.

It has nothing to do with getting beat badly. Yea they played everybody.... but not until 2 minutes to go and they pressed with half their starters in the game until 5 minutes to go in the game. Upperman girls did the same thing to Cannon girls as well. Not knowing when to call the dogs off will come back and haunt you one day. And I believe everyone else (not from livingston) would also agree with what im saying. It also must be nice to walk into a program with so much talent that you really don't have to do any coaching

It has nothing to do with getting beat badly. Yea they played everybody.... but not until 2 minutes to go and they pressed with half their starters in the game until 5 minutes to go in the game. Upperman girls did the same thing to Cannon girls as well. Not knowing when to call the dogs off will come back and haunt you one day. And I believe everyone else (not from livingston) would also agree with what im saying. It also must be nice to walk into a program with so much talent that you really don't have to do any coaching

Another uneducated stab. Pretty sure the same applies to Upperman. Don't you know who coached at least the majority of these players in junior high? At LA, it was the same coach they have now. Guess he must have done such a good job then that it really is 'nice to walk into a program with so much talent' that he doesn't have to do any coaching.

But you may not be completely wrong. LA and Upperman probably don't have to do a lot of coaching against some of these teams that aren't competitive. At least with all the older "talent". That could be why they do more coaching with the younger players at the end of the game in a real game situation. However they do coach when they play the tougher teams on LA's schedule, including Upperman. No one is going to agree with every decision a coach makes. Why not give credit where it's deserved. Insulting Coach McWilliams and Coach Melton doesn't make the others look better.

It's beginning to look more and more like these posts are being made by a member of the coaching staff, who just can't stand the fact that they can not compete with LA or Upperman. Most of the talent, that LA has, was developed by Coach Melton, and I'm sure the same situation applies to Upperman. LA used at least five players OFF THE BENCH against you throughout the game. The margin of victory could have been much worse. -------Maybe the next time these two teams play, LA can 'suit up' a couple of cheerleaders and a Grandma or two, to keep the score closer and make you happy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well hello ignorant fool #1. Sore loser maybe? Thought so. The talent level at Livingston (I dont know about Upperman), probably will dip a little, but will not decline an awful lot in the coming years due to a great incoming class including a 6'5 incoming freshman who is as athletic and as monsterous as possible, and will continue to grow (possibly to about 6'9-6'11). That one day you talk about is when pigs can fly, and that my friend, unless the good lord decides something needs to change, probably will not happen. Maybe you can call DeAndre Bass back, and if he can stay out of trouble, he can draw you 'bout 10 points closer.

Congratulations,

Strong 3

Wow. I wonder. . .

It also must be nice to walk into a program with so much talent that you really don't have to do any coaching

Shows how much you know... Especially when it comes to LA.

Coach Melton coached most of his current players in middle school. He has coached Dunn, Ramsey, & Peterman, for their "entire" basketball career. He coached TJ Smith, Kendall Melton, and Adam Wilson for most of their middle school career. He even coached the younger Melton and Hayden Hill in middle school for a year or two. He also had last years seniors Todd Smith and McClerrean for most of their middle school years. Before that he coached Tyson Stover and Brandon Matthews (1,000 point club member) in middle school and then at LA.

Some other players that played on his teams at LA that weren't from his middle school spent some time playing AAU for him. One I know for sure would be Wilson Cates (1,000 point club member).

Another good player at LA that Melton coached in middle school was Matthew Reeder (1,000 point club member). Reeder graduated the year before Melton started coaching at LA.

** Really looks like all that talent has just been handed to him uh? Get a clue.

OK, "gottalove..", I'm confused. Do LA starters stay in 'til 2 minutes to go, or is it 'til 5 minutes to go? And is it all of the starters or only some of them. And exactly which "starters" are you talking about? I think there have been 8 or 10 different starting line-ups. And if only one of them is on the floor when the lead is "28" and there is 2 minutes to go, and the 4 non-starters are pressing, is that OK with you? What a sad situation you must be in. Should strong teams "take it easy" on your team? And at exactly what point in the game should the "easing up" start? Perhaps you need a little sign or something to hold up, to let the other coaches know when to "call off the dogs", or "cats" or "bees" or whatever!!

Quit crying.

Just keep holding back your kids in the 6th grade ( or sooner) like yall have always done...that way they are able to mature another year. It must be nice to have 19 year old seniors to play for you all the time. Just wait.... the tides will turn... and we will be on top....without having to hold kids back a year!

Just keep holding back your kids in the 6th grade ( or sooner) like yall have always done...that way they are able to mature another year. It must be nice to have 19 year old seniors to play for you all the time. Just wait.... the tides will turn... and we will be on top....without having to hold kids back a year!

If your program is made up of Bozo's such as you, it never has a chance of making it to the top. ------Boy! ain't them 19 year old seniors GOOD ? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

...that way they are able to mature another year......

You make maturity sound like a bad thing. But then again, your posts indicate that maturity isn't one of your strong attributes. Maybe if you'd stayed back in 6th grade ..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />