District 2AA

rSquared

Looks like a big week for the big three (Union,Grainger and PF). Grainger is on the road @ Union on Wednesday, and @ PF on Thursday. What does everyone think about these games? A split would be acceptable for most, but I know Grainger will not be happy with anything less than a sweep. Union and PF may be playing closer to their best right now than Grainger.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Grainger went a long way this week toward another district 2AA crown. They are not at full strength but still managed what I understand was a big win at Union, and followed that with a 4-0 win at Pigeon Forge. Once again Pigeon Forge had their chances but failed to take advantage. Season is not over yet, but Grainger proved again to be the team to beat.

Big wins for Grainger especially with both on the road in the same week. It looks like Union County may be a step behind Pigeon Forge and Grainger right now. Grainger is just starting to hit their stride. They will continue to play a tough schedule with the Mo West tournament coming up. I think they drew some tough games, but this will only help make them better. The district is far from over, but the chase is on. Good luck to all!

It looks like Union County may be a step behind Pigeon Forge and Grainger right now.

You may want to look again! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Union County 3-0 over Pigeon Forge at PF tonight!

Same two teams at Union Co. tomorrow. Things are heating up in this district race!

You may want to look again! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Union County 3-0 over Pigeon Forge at PF tonight!

Same two teams at Union Co. tomorrow. Things are heating up in this district race!

Great win for the Lady Patriots. What pitchers threw for UC and for PF? Tomorrows game is big, good luck to both teams.

Ravyn Nease (Jr.) threw a one-hit, complete game shutout for UC. Mackenzie Oliver threw a five-hitter for PF.

Gonna be tough playing PF on back to back days (Tues. and Wed.) and then coming to play you guys on the following day (Thurs). But then these kinds of things happen when rain dominates the spring sport that should be a fall sport! LOL

Good luck to your girls the rest of the way out too. They have certainly played head and tails above everybody else in the district to this point.

Grainger seems to be finding their stride a little bit but I think Unicoi is probably better top to bottom going in. Like most games between similar caliber teams, who makes the least mistakes and the most of their opportunities will win. Based on what I have had a chance to see this year, I think Unicoi is as good as anyone in AA in the state this year.