District 3aa

bmunich

Ref, I agree with you 100% that Berean did not beat Alcoa, Seymour, or Carter last year...but doesn't it sound a bit harsh to say that all the effort and close matches those boys played was just a FLUKE??? I realize that they lost to the top three teams in the district, but all of the games were within one goal and they played them hard to the last minute. I wouldn't count them out...they are good team. By the way, I may be completely wrong, but I do believe that Carlos and Spencer (who are two very good players) were basically Seymour's offense LAST year. I did not say anything about this year...we will see how they do without them. Ref, i am not trying to slam Seymour at all...just a little disappointed you would call the season a fluke.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ref, I agree with you 100% that Berean did not beat Alcoa, Seymour, or Carter last year...but doesn't it sound a bit harsh to say that all the effort and close matches those boys played was just a FLUKE??? I realize that they lost to the top three teams in the district, but all of the games were within one goal and they played them hard to the last minute. I wouldn't count them out...they are good team. By the way, I may be completely wrong, but I do believe that Carlos and Spencer (who are two very good players) were basically Seymour's offense LAST year. I did not say anything about this year...we will see how they do without them. Ref, i am not trying to slam Seymour at all...just a little disappointed you would call the season a fluke.

Carter beat them something like 8-0 last year.

point well taken and i apologize not meant to be so harsh just to get through

Mr. ref, obviously you werent paying any attention to the games that Berean played last year. I dont think you can blame Berean's field for the close games, at all. Like sportsnut said Berean played Alcoa at their place twice. If I'm not mistaken they took Alcoa into double overtime in the district tournament, and they were scored on in the final seconds of the game off of a handball that Brodus caught, dropped, and volleyed into the upper corner. Berean played their hearts out! I dont think you should count them out at ALL!

You showed me everything i need to highschool soccer is 80 minutes long 1st off 2nd what good teams did they beat last year none in the district they gave teams challanges just no victories over Alcoa, Seymour, or Carter.

Well you are right about one thing Seymour has no offense.....keep telling yourself that

both at alcoa last year, both at Seymour year before. i think yet therfore i am old....

Seymour will be at Seymour ...alcoa Home...Oh come on ref...making an excuse about field ...yes it is small...narrow plenty long...have not noticed the crown...the sides drop off a bit if I remeber correctly...but really after a few min. good teams adjust...alcoa field is nice...but iagree with Balboa Berean will always be the unkown factor...you never will know who they bring in each year...They always play hard and i do not think that is true of Seymour...they sort of resort to american football if they get frustrated so hopefully they have worked on that ???? I know Gibbs has Blain Worley a product of Berean MS soccer but they have played him out of postion at times...What will the schools do when Berean host regionals and home playoff district games...it is a great place to watch a game...so don't smake an opponents field just be ready....should be an exciting year... the level of play is obiviously getting better in this district and Berean has had a lot to do with that...

Mr. ref, obviously you werent paying any attention to the games that Berean played last year. I dont think you can blame Berean's field for the close games, at all. Like sportsnut said Berean played Alcoa at their place twice. If I'm not mistaken they took Alcoa into double overtime in the district tournament, and they were scored on in the final seconds of the game off of a handball that Brodus caught, dropped, and volleyed into the upper corner. Berean played their hearts out! I dont think you should count them out at ALL!

Munich and Balboa u need to understand

first year in district some might have taken you lightly but with the coaches in this district at the top it wont happen again is that good enough for you

Really ref???? I have heard a lot of good things about Berean, and a few games last year caught my eye. I believe they lost to Seymour by only one last year, of course Carlos (a.k.a. Seymour's only offense besides Spencer) scored two of them. They lost to Alcoa by only 1 the first time...and the second time they lost a battle to Alcoa in double ot. Now I believe that I am properly educated enough to say that that season wasn't a fluke, and I definitely understand that none of the teams in this district want to be beaten by a small private school with only a little over a hundred students. By the way, coaches have 90 minutes to get their team organized on the field...if they didn't take Berean seriously in the first ten minutes, don't you think they could make a change in the next 80 minutes ref??? I honestly am not sure how they will do this year, but I gotta say that they made a lot of noise last year. Good teams shouldnt try to blame a loss on not being prepared.

while you could say that berean gave some good teams some good games they just never won those. and it is true they did, basically, get drilled by Carter, also they got beat by Alcoa the second time either 4-2 or 3-2 (there never was even one ot)

Seymour will be at Seymour ...alcoa Home...Oh come on ref...making an excuse about field ...yes it is small...narrow plenty long...have not noticed the crown...the sides drop off a bit if I remeber correctly...but really after a few min. good teams adjust...alcoa field is nice...but iagree with Balboa Berean will always be the unkown factor...you never will know who they bring in each year...They always play hard and i do not think that is true of Seymour...they sort of resort to american football if they get frustrated so hopefully they have worked on that ???? I know Gibbs has Blain Worley a product of Berean MS soccer but they have played him out of postion at times...What will the schools do when Berean host regionals and home playoff district games...it is a great place to watch a game...so don't smake an opponents field just be ready....should be an exciting year... the level of play is obiviously getting better in this district and Berean has had a lot to do with that...

no excuse seymour won

and really not a team: made up of carlos spenser and a goalie if you ask balboa

there gone now

stop us if you can lol

ps: bring football attire

Alright...this kinda got blown out of proportion. It doesn't need to be taken any farther....good luck to you Seymour, I have heard good things about you guys this year. Berean definitely did go into overtime with Alcoa sportsfanatic, but that is besides the point. This is a district with some very talented soccer players and I look foward to seeing how it plays at. Ref, between you and me there is not tension, just took a little offense to the first comment. Good luck this season...and I hope to be at the Bearden scrimmage on Friday.

point well taken and i apologize not meant to be so harsh just to get through

You've come a LOOOOONG way baby! (Shows my age... I know you will know where that is from).

Proud of ya, Ref!

The one thing I can say is that the Seymour Berean game should be an interesting one this year, just on emotions alone.

ok i guess i was wrong about that and i admit it and apologize... but running my mouth, really? did they lose to seymour? yes... carter? yes... Alcoa? yes... did they even beat gibbs?... the point is that they lost and there only goals came off of a ludicrous pk and free kick, and hand ball, seriously?... your welcome for the input by the way, im sorry it wasnt what you liked