Expectations for 09 Clinton Dragons

92Dragon

This year's Clinton team is supposed to be one of the best teams Clinton has had in a really long time. Clinton finished 6-5 last season, but return a number of talented players. As a fan, what are your expectations for this year's team?

AS YOU KNOW, IM NOT A CLINTON FAN, AND NEVER WILL BE! I DO KNOW ALOT OF THE KIDS DOWN THERE, AND I ACTUALLY HAVE A NEPHEW THAT PLAYS, AND I LIVE NEXT TO THE STONES, AND THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE. CLINTON, WILL ALWAYS BE CLINTON, ITS NOT THAT YOU DNT HAVE THE TALLENT, OR THE SKILL, IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO YOUR COACHING STAFF, I WILL GIVE YOUR STAFF CREDIT, FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, THEY SEEM TO HAVE TURNED THE CORNER A LIL BIT, BUT 6-5 SHOULD OF ACTUALLY BEEN 7-4 OR 8-2, BUT SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT IS YOU OUT PLAY AC AT THERE PLACE, AND YOU GAVE IT EVERY THING YOU HAD, AND STILL COULDNT BEAT THEM, I WILL GIVE YOU THE FACT THERE WAS A LOT OF KIDS HURTING IN THAT GAME, BUT WHEN YOU SHOULD OF SEIZED CONTROL LATE IN THE 3RD QRT YOU COULDNT, BC YOU DNT KNOW HOW TO WIN THOSE TYPES OF GAMES YET. CLINTON, ALSO HAD A CHANCE TO FINISH 2ND IN THE REGION, AND COULDN'T DO IT, SO WHO KNOWS ABOUT YOU GUYS THIS YR, YOU DO HAVE ALOT OF HYPE ABOUT YOU GUYS THIS YEAR, AND CERTANLY HAVE THE TALLENT TO DO NOT GOOD THINGS THIS YEAR, BUT GREAT THINGS, YOU NEED TO FIND ANOTHER RECIEVER TO GO ALONG WITH FRAIZER, BUT WE WILL SEE IF YOU ALL ARE BLOWING SMOKE, LIKE DRAGONS DO, OR IS IT ANOTHER STEP TO REBUILDING A PROGRAM, THAT SHOULD OF NEVER GOT TO WERE IT IS TODAY, ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

I agree with you about us needing to find another receiver to go along with Frazier. I think the difference between Clinton having a good season and a great season this year is going to be our defence. Our defence gave up way too many yards last year and needs to improve for Clinton to have a great season this year.

I agree with you about us needing to find another receiver to go along with Frazier. I think the difference between Clinton having a good season and a great season this year is going to be our defence. Our defence gave up way too many yards last year and needs to improve for Clinton to have a great season this year.

I only watched one game last year. If you guys could play every game at home with your officials, you would win the state hands down. I smell some good ol HOME COOKIN /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

As long as everyone can stay healthy, i think region champs is well within our reach.

IM NOT REALLY SURE WHO'S IN YOUR REGION, SO I WONT COMMENT ON WINNING THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT I HAVE WATCHED CATHOLIC SCREW AC OVER MORE THAN ONCE, AND I PROMISE YOU CLINTONS REFS, ARE A HECK OF ALOT BETTER THAN THOSE KNOX OFFICIALS, THEY JUST FLAT OUT stink!

IM NOT REALLY SURE WHO'S IN YOUR REGION, SO I WONT COMMENT ON WINNING THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT I HAVE WATCHED CATHOLIC SCREW AC OVER MORE THAN ONCE, AND I PROMISE YOU CLINTONS REFS, ARE A HECK OF ALOT BETTER THAN THOSE KNOX OFFICIALS, THEY JUST FLAT OUT stink!

These are going to be the teams in our new region. Clinton, A.C., Oak Ridge, Halls, Central, Powell, Campbell Co. , Karns, and Hardin Valley.

I have been following Clinton for several years now and I see a couple things they need to address before they can improve.

One, keep your kids. Clinton's freshman team is usually really good but by the time the kids get to varsity its the same ole thing. The problem I see is that kids used to quit to play other sports or just get tired of losing or run off by their bad coach. The coaching seems to have been solved, and I believe you have the right man at the helm. If Clinton can find a way to keep kids long enough to develop them they watch out.

Second, coaching. Until recently Clinton had arguably the worst staff in East Tennessee, see my first point for an example. I remember when Clinton and Campbell County would play every year and the winner would get their win of the year. Clinton has improved and needs to keep going. Coach needs to sell those kids on himself, themselves and their program.

Third, this is the beginning of the best times Clinton is going to see is awhile. They are in an easier region then they where and need to use that to there advantage. They need to make sure they schedule non regions they can win, but not cupcakes cause they do need to learn and grow from them. Their region schedule in the past has been over their heads. I am not saying they are in an easy region now, they are not. I am saying this is easier then what they had.

Best of luck to all this upcoming season, and I look forward to intelligent responses from Clinton fans.

I have been following Clinton for several years now and I see a couple things they need to address before they can improve.

One, keep your kids. Clinton's freshman team is usually really good but by the time the kids get to varsity its the same ole thing. The problem I see is that kids used to quit to play other sports or just get tired of losing or run off by their bad coach. The coaching seems to have been solved, and I believe you have the right man at the helm. If Clinton can find a way to keep kids long enough to develop them they watch out.

Second, coaching. Until recently Clinton had arguably the worst staff in East Tennessee, see my first point for an example. I remember when Clinton and Campbell County would play every year and the winner would get their win of the year. Clinton has improved and needs to keep going. Coach needs to sell those kids on himself, themselves and their program.

Third, this is the beginning of the best times Clinton is going to see is awhile. They are in an easier region then they where and need to use that to there advantage. They need to make sure they schedule non regions they can win, but not cupcakes cause they do need to learn and grow from them. Their region schedule in the past has been over their heads. I am not saying they are in an easy region now, they are not. I am saying this is easier then what they had.

Best of luck to all this upcoming season, and I look forward to intelligent responses from Clinton fans.

After Coach Gaylor left Clinton and went to Maryville, that is when Clinton started going downhill. The coach that was hired to replace Gaylor just couldnt get the job done, putting it nicely. We had players quitting the team and transferring to other schools . I think at one time Clinton had only 36 or so players and we were used to having around 70.

Clinton isn't traditionally a "bad" team. We were always finishing around 7-3 or 6-4 year in and year out. I dont believe that a bad record considering we played Oak Ridge, Farragut, Central, Halls, Powell year in and year out. So i dont think Clinton will go back to where they were if our coaching staff stays.

Most teams go through these cycles. I mean, i can remember when we beat A.C. every year we played them when i was in school...90'-92'.

I do like this new region we are going to be in. I love playing A.C and Oak Ridge, now the games are going to have more importance to them.

Good luck to the Mavs this year! Like i have said before....i hope they win every game, except the Clinton game! lol!