Lady Dawgs

bigdawg3

Tonight's game was almost a carbon copy of the District semis. North Greene led the entire game until the last 3-4 minutes, and somehow the Lady Dogs find a way to come back and win. With the win, Hampton is in the Sectional round, and is one of the last 16 teams left standing in the state. Next up, the Cloudland Lady Highlanders. Again. I expect another all-out war thursday night, it should be well worth the price of admission. I can't say enough how proud I am of those young ladies, their toughness and refusal to quit amazes me. There were several times in tonight's game when they could have just given up, because things didn't go well through most of the game, yet they never let North Greene get too far ahead, or too comfortable in their game plan. That sort of mental toughness is hard to gauge, or coach, it has to develop in the players thenselves, and they have it. Whatever else they do this year, They've proven themselves champtions to me. Go Lady Dogs!