Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

For what it's worth, I would like to say that SiegelGrad has earned some respect from me. Not only did he show up on the boards after a tough loss, in his initial post after the game he was complementary of the opponent and gave respect where it was due. I have always liked Shelbyville's players as well as Coach Thomas (especially after how he handled the Gross issue), but some of the Shelbyville posters are beginning to look and sound alot like some Siegel posters. Glad to see that Andrews is a little more humble in victory then some of his supporters as he had this quote in the Tennessean:

???Every time he got open, he knocked it down,??? Andrews said. ???That??™s what you??™re supposed to do when you??™re up for Mr. Basketball like he is. You??™ve got to knock down the big shots.???

As far as comparing Hammonds and Andrews, both had big games. Neither disappeared when their team was in the spotlight. Sometimes shots just don't fall. And by the way, player talent is measured in more ways than points scored. It's a pointless excercise to try and discredit a Mr. Basketball nomination because there are a handful of players who average more points. Should Andrews be a finalist? Maybe, but not simply because he averages more points then Hammonds.

I didn't attend last night, but the glaring stat to me is Siegel's 2 points in the 2nd quarter. How does a team with that much talent only score 2 points in a quarter? On the radio it sounded like the reason was due to empty possessions resulting from turnovers and poor shot selection. Anybody that was there care to elaborate?

I agree with you on all aspects of this post. I think most of the posts you see from some on here have to do with youth. I hope as an overall that Shelbyville is not judged by a certain few posters. You have to win and lose with class. Kerry Hammonds is a great player, sure he has things he needs to improve just as any junior does. It was a great game with the results of it being a close game as many predicted. For Shelbyville to beat Oakland I think it suits them better to get out and try to push it with Andrews not only shooting the three ball but also penetrating and either shooting or dishing as Oakland tries to collapse on him. This is easier said than done however due to the great coaching Oakland has and how disiplined the Pats are. I would say this will be another great game but I wonder if Shelbyville will have any let down after their game last night. Should be an interesting game to say the least.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel Grad you have done one really great thing this year. You have turned people against Siegel that had been rooting for them every year when they went to regions. The boys can't help it but I am so glad they will not be playing any more. You can pick another team to build up and another to tear down. Kerry is good but he is no super star. I don't know how he got MVP over the guy from Lebanon for he was not near as important to his team as the Lebanon kid was to his. I think the boro coaches get together and do whatever they want and pick whoever they want on all district teams.

I guess you didnt go back and read my first couple posts which were very nice towards Shelbyville, I dont care if you like me or not though to be honest so do what you do. Mackie I appreciate that post, we just couldnt hit ANYTHING in the 2nd Quarter Nicholas came in off the bench and had terrible shot selection. But nothing was falling in that quarter. YOU ALL CAN QUOTE ME, KERRY HAMMONDS IS THE BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER IN THIS REGION. KERRY HAMMONDS WILL HAVE A BETTER COLLEGE ATHLETIC CAREER THEN ANYONE ON SHELBYVILLE'S TEAM, SO TO THE HATERS KEEP HATING. Fuel for next year already.

I guess you didnt go back and read my first couple posts which were very nice towards Shelbyville, I dont care if you like me or not though to be honest so do what you do. Mackie I appreciate that post, we just couldnt hit ANYTHING in the 2nd Quarter Nicholas came in off the bench and had terrible shot selection. But nothing was falling in that quarter. YOU ALL CAN QUOTE ME, KERRY HAMMONDS IS THE BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER IN THIS REGION. KERRY HAMMONDS WILL HAVE A BETTER COLLEGE ATHLETIC CAREER THEN ANYONE ON SHELBYVILLE'S TEAM, SO TO THE HATERS KEEP HATING. Fuel for next year already.

Kerry has a huge size advantage on Andrews which helps him at the next level but Andrews is as good as Hammonds all day long. If Andrews was Kerry's height he would be one of the top rated players in the country. Kerry needs to develop his inside game more and create off the dribble. He needs to put on more muscle as well like his dad. He has a smooth stroke but showed some flaws when presssure was put on him as he was dribbling. JMO not meant to be a hatered post just an opinion.

Yeah and I respect that, but I saw Andrews do nothing very well, no offense, but shoot the basketball, Kerry can pass well, rebound well, and has an excellent knack for blocking shots. I dont care what Slim Thug said, Kerry defended well last night they put him on someone that didnt touch the ball much to save his legs. He guarded Andrews on one of the 3's he hit. If Andrews was taller he would be a better all around player then he is today, but if Shaq was 6 feet he wouldnt be in the NBA if you catch my drift.

and just to be honest, both are good players just different player, but who expected such a great game last night I could not have at all. I hope all the Oakland fans got their to see that good of a game as well. OakPat did you see it? If so what were your thoughts.

I agree with you on all aspects of this post. I think most of the posts you see from some on here have to do with youth. I hope as an overall that Shelbyville is not judged by a certain few posters. You have to win and lose with class. Kerry Hammonds is a great player, sure he has things he needs to improve just as any junior does. It was a great game with the results of it being a close game as many predicted. For Shelbyville to beat Oakland I think it suits them better to get out and try to push it with Andrews not only shooting the three ball but also penetrating and either shooting or dishing as Oakland tries to collapse on him. This is easier said than done however due to the great coaching Oakland has and how disiplined the Pats are. I would say this will be another great game but I wonder if Shelbyville will have any let down after their game last night. Should be an interesting game to say the least.

I suspect you are correct about the youth element. I assure you that I don't judge Shelbyville by the certain few. Should be a good game Thursday. I think Shelbyville will be better suited to push the ball on occasion. Oakland's defense will keep it close; however, I believe Shelbyville's firepower will be too much. If Hockenberry and Adams are connecting outside then Oakland could pull it off, but if they are relying solely on Hughes to carry them then it may be a long night.

Yeah and I respect that, but I saw Andrews do nothing very well, no offense, but shoot the basketball, Kerry can pass well, rebound well, and has an excellent knack for blocking shots. I dont care what Slim Thug said, Kerry defended well last night they put him on someone that didnt touch the ball much to save his legs. He guarded Andrews on one of the 3's he hit. If Andrews was taller he would be a better all around player then he is today, but if Shaq was 6 feet he wouldnt be in the NBA if you catch my drift.

Andrews is as good as Kerry and he is only listed at 5'11''. Even your coach was quoted in the paper saying if you can find a better shooter than Andrews in the state I would like to meet him lol. Come on now I know you are Siegel fan but to say Andrews is not on the same level and he does not pass as well as Kerry is crazy. Kerry did not pass any better than Andrews did last night and the difference in the two last night was Andrews actually drove to the lane more than Hammonds who is 5-6 inches taller than him. I have praised Hammonds and never discredited his talent but the best player in this region is Andrews. He does shoot alot but the object of basketball is to score and score more points than the opposing team. Kerry needs to get stronger to have a better career in college than Andrews IMO. If Andrews gets to 6 or 6'1'' not sure how tall his parents are but if he does you will see him at a major division 1 team. Maybe Kerry and Andrews will end up at MTSU together??? I hate to say it but Hammonds will only go to UNC if he walks on. Again not trying to disrespect your team or players just stating obvious things that were seen last night.

and just to be honest, both are good players just different player, but who expected such a great game last night I could not have at all. I hope all the Oakland fans got their to see that good of a game as well. OakPat did you see it? If so what were your thoughts.

Kerry can pass well? No one could see that from last night since everytime he touched the ball he threw up a shot! Andrews no offense? hmmm so he didn't take his man off the dribble and drive to the basket? No defense? So he didn't steal the ball from Kerry at midcourt late in the game? Were u even at the game?

WHERE DOES THIS SAY NO DEFENSE??? ILLITERATE? And I meant No Offense as in No offense but I just noticed him shoot well. Not that he had no offense. He was ok off the dribble but didnt finish well inside probably because of our height I was at the game though hes a great player just second best in the region all around.

Kerry has a huge size advantage on Andrews which helps him at the next level but Andrews is as good as Hammonds all day long. If Andrews was Kerry's height he would be one of the top rated players in the country. Kerry needs to develop his inside game more and create off the dribble. He needs to put on more muscle as well like his dad. He has a smooth stroke but showed some flaws when presssure was put on him as he was dribbling. JMO not meant to be a hatered post just an opinion.

I agree that Hammonds size will definately project better in college. Question for Trey, will Andrews height limit his collegiate options? If he is going to play the 2 at the next level, I would think that he would need to grow at least a couple more inches. I haven't seen him play since he was a freshmen, but I know he elevates well on his jump shot and I assume he has a pretty quick release, but 5'-11" is a little undersized. Any potential for him to play the point in college?