Wrestling Survey

YoungWrestler1995

But you did respond, Slingshot, which I appreciate. It means you're reading what I'm writing.

Actually, if you read my post thoroughly, you would have seen that I wrote STATE champion. When I re-read the post, I realized that STATE was in big letters and pretty clear. Maybe you didn't read that. Let me type it one more time...STATE. When I re-read that post, STATE looks pretty clear. Maybe next time in your attempt to make me look bad, you'll read the entire post thoroughly before responding. Just a thought.

I'm not exactly sure what Georgia or California has to do with the Tennessee state tournament, but if that is the state I live in, I would want to be the best. Obviously you're the wrestling guru, so you can tell me.

I apologize for being a competitor. I never wrestled, but, being an athlete, I don't want to share a title with somebody else. I would want to be THE Tennessee State Champion.

It would be the same with any sport. Yeah, I get the state championship, but I don't want people to get on a message board and debate who is better. I want to know, just like I bet that guy in the other division would want to know.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The implication of ducking someone isnt even what we are discussing. I dont know what that has to do with this or who the insinuation is about but if it is about a particular individual on the BC team or BC themselves the history behind that has nothing to do with running. The discussion is whether that match the very next weekend makes sense. In many ways it doe not.

To know the reason that a team is "avoiding" another ,one just has to have paid attention to the threads the last several years. That issue is way beyond dead.No one is asking anyone to agree with it and its understandable if you dont. Its amazing however how it has become an obsesstion. It would have been the wrong team this year anyway. Ryan wouldnt have been on the BC schedule and it wouldnt have been good enough and back to crazy BC "ducking" accusations because they didnt wreste FR(who lost to Cleveland). Its more about not being able to acknowledge the BC success for many.

Keller 2x Collegiate All-American, Blackmon, Starter National Championship team, etc qualify as bearing "fruit" on the next level I would suspect as well. That is not a new found connection. Happened 4 yrs and 6 yrs ago. Baylors connection of Leen and Manson is outstanding as well. Amazing feat by Leen last year. Im proud of it and proud to say he is a Tn boy on the top stand. Has nothing to do with d1 or d2 or wrestling Baylor.Looks likes the BC way of doing things hangs in there pretty good with there names as well with more names to be made.

Baylor must be "ducking" maryville in football since they dont schedule them.They must be ducking White station in basketball as well. How silly. I understand why people feel the way they feel wanting to see the match but leave the insinuations of a Coach, his team and their masculinity out of it. Those kind of statements are completely nuts. No ones asking anyone to agree with it. Its your opinon and that fine

You refer to individuals as running? Who?When? Who From?

Those that won last weekend are TRUE champs. To imply anything else is selling their accomplishments short.

So, this just in:

Jordan Leen: 2x High Schhool All American and Sr. National High School wrestling Champ.....YES

2x NCAA All-American and NCAA champ.........................................................YES

4x Tennessee High School State Champion(d2)......................................................YES*

* Leen however is not considered a "TRUE" state champion because he did not wrestle

his D1 counterpart in any of the 4 years so please take that into consideration when

discussing his high school career and its value.(It has been reported that Leen

has a "huge" hollow area in the pit of his stomach knowing he cannot claim to be

the TN "TRUE" State champion).

Matt Keller: 2xHigh School All American and 3rd at SR. Nationls............................................YES

2x NCAA All-American..................................................................YES

4x Tennessee High School State Champ(D1)......................................................YES**

** Keller has reportedly is suffering from acute insominia because of his inability to be

considered the "TRUE" state champion of TN since he was a coward and did not

wrestle his D2 counterpart in any of the title years.

Phillip Simpson: NCAA Finalist and 2x All American....................................................................YES

4x TN High School State Champ(D2)...............................................................YES***

*** Simpson reportedly spent 3 weeks in a strait-jacket so as not to do himself

bodily harm because of all those on Coacht who felt he wasnt a TRUE state champion

which completely immasculated him to the point of having zero self-esteem.

Rusty Blackmon: National High School All-American....................................................................YES

Starter on National Collegiate Champions OK ST...............................................YES

Has a Collegiate National Championship Ring......................................................YES****

Is a two time Tn state Champ(d1)

****Has reportedly hocked the Ring due to the shame of wearing it as he is still on

medication helping him cope with not being a True TN State champ as he didnt get

to wrestle his D2 counterpart or Baylor as a team so he does not feel anything he has

accomplished in life has true meaning.

Well, I guess you guys are right....We better get this TRUE State Championship underway for the mental health and stability, well being of our fine young people who feel there isnt anything as important as having wrestled the next weekend so as to proudly wear the label "TRUE TENNESSEE STATE CHAMPION" It is so important, so meaningful to be able to say it that nothing else you ever do will ever be quite right. They know they are cowards, and not champions. No doubt about it. It will effect them for the rest of their lives.

For the mental stability of all....someone, please start the petition to REUNITE and send it to TSSAA!!!!!!

So, this just in:

Jordan Leen: 2x High Schhool All American and Sr. National High SChool wrestling Champ.....YES

2x NCAA All-American and NCAA champ.........................................................YES

4x Tennessee High School State Champion(d2)......................................................YES*

* Leen however is not considered a "TRUE" state chamion because he did not wrestle

his D1 counterpart in any of the 4 years so please take that into consideration when

discussing his high school career and its value.(It has been reported that Leen

has a "huge" hollow area in the pit of his stomach knowing he cannot claim to be

the TN "TRUE" State champion.

Matt Keller: 2xHigh School All American and 3rd at SR. Nationls............................................YES

2x NCAA All-American........................................................................

.............YES

4x Tennessee High School State Champ(D1)......................................................YES**

** Keller has reportedly is suffering from acute insominia because of his inability to be

considered the "TRUE" state champion of TN since he was a coward and did not

wrestle his D2 counterpart in any of the title years.

Phillip Simpson: NCAA Finalist and 2x All American....................................................................YES

4x TN High School State Champ(D2)...............................................................YES***

*** Simpson reportedly spent 3 weeks in a strait-jacket so as not to do himself

bodily harm because of all those on Coacht who felt he wasnt a TRUE state champion

which completely immasculated him to the point of having zero self-esteem.

Rusty Blackmon: National High School All-American....................................................................YES

Starter on National Collegiate Champions OK ST...............................................YES

Has a Collegiate National Championship Ring......................................................YES****

Is a two time Tn state Champ(d2)

****Has reportedly hocked the Ring due to the shame of wearing it as he is still on

medication helping him cope with not being a True TN State champ as he didnt get

to wrestle his D2 counterpart or Baylor as a team so he does not feel anything he has

accomplished in life has true meaning.

Well, I guess you guys are right....We better get this TRUE State Championship underway for the mental health and stability, well being of our fine young people who feel there isnt anything as important as having wrestled the next weekend so as to proudly wear the label "TRUE TENNESSEE STATE CHAMPION" It is so important, so meaningful to be able to say it that nothing else you ever do will ever be quite right. They know they are cowards, and not champions. No doubt about it. It will effect them for the rest of their lives.

For the mental stability of all....someone, please start the petition to REUNITE and send it to TSSAA!!!!!!

That is funny....LOL.

But I do not think that is really what everybody is really talking about. I know you are being highly sarcastic, but I would doubt that anyone of these guys cares at all,,,,which is you point.

I think Sommers was stepping way out there in his comments, because this discussion should have never included the things that must be eating him up for some reason. And the term "true champions", as I said earlier in this thread, is not the best choice of words used by someone to describe the situation.

This really should not even be a BC discussion in my opinion. Sommers has to be discounted in his comments because he is always grinding an axe for some reason.

I'm not sure if anybody was talkin about Bradley. I, for one, wasn't. I know plenty about the Bradley legacy and how great it is (except for those Creagans, lol).

To me being nothing is tarnished by the two state champion wrestlers not having one extra match, just saying that FOR ME!!!!, if I had been a state champion wrestler (or a wrestler in general), I'd want to go against the guy who held the same title as me.

I'm not sure if anybody was talkin about Bradley. I, for one, wasn't. I know plenty about the Bradley legacy and how great it is (except for those Creagans, lol).

To me being nothing is tarnished by the two state champion wrestlers not having one extra match, just saying that FOR ME!!!!, if I had been a state champion wrestler (or a wrestler in general), I'd want to go against the guy who held the same title as me.

I know you werent talking about BC. I understand and can appreciate what you were saying. Thats a good thing then for you personally.

However Lots of wrestlers are ready to quit making weight, preparing for other sports that they are already late getting out for etc.

Lots of logistics to expect to ever have it occur. Include in that maintaining wt one more week to wrestle their true counterpart. Some will be wanting to prepare for sr nationals and want a short break before going at it full bore again etc.

I see what your saying and my main point is what you said here to start this response with and that is nothing is tarnished by the two state champs not wrestling one another. But some act as if it does and comment accordingly and that is just not a true statement.

Its an interesting discussion but until Football, baseball and every other sport decides they are going to combine it will never happen in wrestling so for some to keep harping on it is be wanting a pipe dream. No way will the other sports do it in the near future so those that want it for wreslting are just spinning there wheels.

"Baylor must be "ducking" maryville in football since they dont schedule them.They must be ducking White station in basketball as well." 2@140

Of all the analogies you could have used that was weak. I don't have to go out on a limb to say that if Maryville and White Station called for games Baylor or McCallie, for that matter, either would jump at the chance despite the fact those games would require travelling. BC is 30 miles away and if Baylor or McCallie called Steve Logsdon for a match.................

I've come to terms with the fact BC won't wrestle Baylor or McCallie because "Coach Logsdon doesn't want to". As you and his supportors regulary state, he doesn't owe an explanation to anyone. And besides, if he actually gave an explanation, half the posters on coacht wouldn't have anything to post about.

voices of reason.......common ground.......agreement in principal...........

what has happened here?

LOL....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

by the way 2@140, nice article last week in the Banner.......your new fitness gig sounds interesting too.

"Baylor must be "ducking" maryville in football since they dont schedule them.They must be ducking White station in basketball as well." 2@140

Of all the analogies you could have used that was weak. I don't have to go out on a limb to say that if Maryville and White Station called for games Baylor or McCallie, for that matter, either would jump at the chance despite the fact those games would require travelling. BC is 30 miles away and if Baylor or McCallie called Steve Logsdon for a match.................

I've come to terms with the fact BC won't wrestle Baylor or McCallie because "Coach Logsdon doesn't want to". As you and his supportors regulary state, he doesn't owe an explanation to anyone. And besides, if he actually gave an explanation, half the posters on coacht wouldn't have anything to post about.

So I take it the rest of my analysis made sense? Did you not see the "How Silly" after that arguement.It was the next two words which you failed to capture.

However one question:

Did Baylor or McCallie initiate calls to those two schools for those two sports? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Actually it was said in the context of BC being accused of "ducking" which is not the case as you have gathered by now I think. So my statement was to show the silliness of that analogy. I mean if thats true than why isnt my question appropriate and ring of truth as well. I mean those schools are the best so I assume Baylor has been knocking the door down at those two schools to get on the schedule?

He(Logsdon) has let his reasons be known over the years by the way. Problem is certain people still dont want to accept it. BC doesent need Baylor or anyone else to validate them. I know Baylor doesent need BC either but to see some peoples obsession with it makes me think they may feel like they do need it for validation. I dont think Coach M looks at it that way but many of the fans seem to. Father Ryan would have been the validater this year. So you see no matter what BC does No one will ever be happy. So you do what you believe in despite what others may wish for.

Makes no sense to me that either would feel a shortcoming. I think they both are proven, high quality programs, with proven wrestlers and coaches. I would like to see everyone look at it that way but I dont get everything I wish for either.

Tex, You know the common ground thing wont ever happen on here. Nature of the beast. Republican vs Dems etc.

Ive come to the belief that it comes with the territory of having such an amazingly successful run for the program and people wanting to put those rednecks back in their place cause their coach doesent always go with the flow and now that they have all those state championships and we cant ligitimize them by acknowledging such so their titles really dont mean anything but ours do etc.

Thanks for the compliment on the article. We are really likeing what we are doing. Miss doing the play by play on TV though. That was fun.

Not being around as many wrestling people for extended periods of time though does improve your sanity. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />....Ie witness the negative banter that forever reigns on this website. LOL

So I take it the rest of my analysis made sense? Did you not see the "How Silly" after that arguement.It was the next two words which you failed to capture.

However one question:

Did Baylor or McCallie initiate calls to those two schools for those two sports? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Actually it was said in the context of BC being accused of "ducking" which is not the case as you have gathered by now I think. So my statement was to show the silliness of that analogy. I mean if thats true than why isnt my question appropriate and ring of truth as well. I mean those schools are the best so I assume Baylor has been knocking the door down at those two schools to get on the schedule?

He(Logsdon) has let his reasons be known over the years by the way. Problem is certain people still dont want to accept it. BC doesent need Baylor or anyone else to validate them. I know Baylor doesent need BC either but to see some peoples obsession with it makes me think they may feel like they do need it for validation. I dont think Coach M looks at it that way but many of the fans seem to. Father Ryan would have been the validater this year. So you see no matter what BC does No one will ever be happy. So you do what you believe in despite what others may wish for.

Makes no sense to me that either would feel a shortcoming. I think they both are proven, high quality programs, with proven wrestlers and coaches. I would like to see everyone look at it that way but I dont get everything I wish for either.

Tex, You know the common ground thing wont ever happen on here. Nature of the beast. Republican vs Dems etc.

Ive come to the belief that it comes with the territory of having such an amazingly successful run for the program and people wanting to put those rednecks back in their place cause their coach doesent always go with the flow and now that they have all those state championships and we cant ligitimize them by acknowledging such so their titles really dont mean anything but ours do etc.

Thanks for the compliment on the article. We are really likeing what we are doing. Miss doing the play by play on TV though. That was fun.

Not being around as many wrestling people for extended periods of time though does improve your sanity. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />....Ie witness the negative banter that forever reigns on this website. LOL

yeah,,,and the negative sometimes comes from places you would not expect it either.