Great quote

jchs76

I never had this drive, but I do respect all thoe who do...

Two days before he was to wrestle in the semistate, the Memorial senior hyperextended his knee in practice, forcing him to wear a heavy brace, which severely limited the mobility that was the foundation of his success.

"That knee injury showed me that when adversity is thrown at you, you can still accomplish goals if you stay determined and concentrate on what you're trying to achieve," said Wedding, who is planning to enroll at the University of Kentucky next fall to pursue a career in chiropractic. "I know there won't be anything I face that will be tougher than this. You have to go through so much and it makes you realize that there's another level you can go to.

"It's like wrestling in the third period of a really tough match. There are times when you don't have anything left, but this is what you trained for, so you push through and keep working and fighting. Most people don't have that gear and don't know how to get there. That will be an advantage for me no matter what I do."