Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

Maybe this is the start of a new era at CCHS , if parent complaints get Bartch fired surely there are more announcements in the near future , as it is no secret that faculty on the staff presently have had more complaints from parents than Bartch could nave gotten in years of teaching at CCHS . Concerning bringing assistants in from Bartch's staff sounds like a well thought out plan or even a conspiracy. Maybe someone have Mayfield give Bartch a call.LOL!!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spy, please explain why you think this would be a mistake? These kids love that coach, in my opinion it would create comfort and relief from all the pressure put on the kids. So we obviously see this situation competely different, he could come in and suppurt these kids as he always did before Bartsch ran him off. But if you may not know spy, the defensive cordinator is not Certified to be head coach nor is the linemen coach Grizzwold. Larson is certified but not intersted. So the only thing really left is to find someone outside of the program. I know a perfect match in a head coach. Matt Daniels. He has a house down in Woodbury, the kids know him and respect him. There's a job opportunity, makes perfect sense. What do you think spy?

You bunch of IDIOTS what do you mean look outside for a new coach the perfect coaching staff is right under your nose . "P-SPY as the new head coach and "wildcat"as his assistant , it would probably require a huge tax increase to cover salaries and expenses but what the heck i'm in /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Spy, please explain why you think this would be a mistake? These kids love that coach, in my opinion it would create comfort and relief from all the pressure put on the kids. So we obviously see this situation competely different, he could come in and suppurt these kids as he always did before Bartsch ran him off. But if you may not know spy, the defensive cordinator is not Certified to be head coach nor is the linemen coach Grizzwold. Larson is certified but not intersted. So the only thing really left is to find someone outside of the program. I know a perfect match in a head coach. Matt Daniels. He has a house down in Woodbury, the kids know him and respect him. There's a job opportunity, makes perfect sense. What do you think spy?

It would make no sense to hire someone off of Bartsch's staff. We just fired him because we wanted to go in a "different direction", so why would we hire someone who shares his same philosophy? Coach Daniel is in my opinion just not quiet ready to be a head coach yet, and its hard to coach in your hometown, because you are either loved or hated, but Coach Daniel is great guy and a rising assistant coach. I have said it already, it is absolutly critical that we not rush this hire the program is in a state of limbo right now, half the palyers are probably happy and the other half mad about coach Bartsch being fired. So we need someone who can unite and someone who has outstanding leadership skills. I know "cchssupporter" agrees with me that we need someone to stabilize the program and lead in a new era and start fresh.

It would make no sense to hire someone off of Bartsch's staff. We just fired him because we wanted to go in a "different direction", so why would we hire someone who shares his same philosophy? Coach Daniel is in my opinion just not quiet ready to be a head coach yet, and its hard to coach in your hometown, because you are either loved or hated, but Coach Daniel is great guy and a rising assistant coach. I have said it already, it is absolutly critical that we not rush this hire the program is in a state of limbo right now, half the palyers are probably happy and the other half mad about coach Bartsch being fired. So we need someone who can unite and someone who has outstanding leadership skills. I know "cchssupporter" agrees with me that we need someone to stabilize the program and lead in a new era and start fresh.

Again, we ae in agreement Wildcat. The D-Coordinator was and is loved by the kids, thats a complement to him. But, its my opinion that Coach Bartsch took a PR beating when he let him go and that filtered down to the kids and he lost the respect of the kids (even more). However I don't believe the DC would be a good idea, even if he was certified, because he stabbed our last coach in the back, as well as his son did too, so I think he would do the same to our next HC. Then, we are all back to square one again looking for a new HC.

I would like to see the people within the school (not the community) who understand what it takes to build a program be allowed to help in this hiring decision. There are a couple in the building, I'll let you decide who you think that should be. But, they should be resources tapped into, to help decide this very important decision. DO NOT LET PARENTS AND PLAYERS IN ON THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS!

By the way, Good luck tomorrow nite girl's and congratulations on making it to the region semi's! It's a shame this controversy has taken away from your accomplishments. I'll be listening! Play Hard! Play Well!

Wildcat, no offense but what makes you have any idea who is or is not quite ready to be a head coach? you are not a football guy. Matt Daniel is very capable of running a program. He has worked hard, especially the last 2 and a half years, preparing to be a good football coach. He is very football smart, respected, and will run the program the way he sees fit. He would be a great hire in Cannon County if they are able to pull him away from Georgia money. That was the knock last time on Matt, was he ready? There was no intention to hire him the last time. Matt and I didnt always agree and we had our arguments but when it comes to loyalty, dedication, and support there were none better. This is why you do not make the hire. I was also told before coming to Cannon that I wasnt ready to be a head coach. The first job you get, you are never truly ready. You learn from your mistakes and gain a better understanding of how to run a program. The other question is who are you going to get? The program will probably not get an established coach. Pay, location, facilities are all issues in that equation. Not being ugly or hateful just being truthful. Coach Daniel, if he is interested, would be a great fit.

Wildcat, no offense but what makes you have any idea who is or is not quite ready to be a head coach? you are not a football guy. Matt Daniel is very capable of running a program. He has worked hard, especially the last 2 and a half years, preparing to be a good football coach. He is very football smart, respected, and will run the program the way he sees fit. He would be a great hire in Cannon County if they are able to pull him away from Georgia money. That was the knock last time on Matt, was he ready? There was no intention to hire him the last time. Matt and I didnt always agree and we had our arguments but when it comes to loyalty, dedication, and support there were none better. This is why you do not make the hire. I was also told before coming to Cannon that I wasnt ready to be a head coach. The first job you get, you are never truly ready. You learn from your mistakes and gain a better understanding of how to run a program. The other question is who are you going to get? The program will probably not get an established coach. Pay, location, facilities are all issues in that equation. Not being ugly or hateful just being truthful. Coach Daniel, if he is interested, would be a great fit.

No offense taken warrior, I am no football guy and I dont claim to be, but what I am is a sports administration guy. I know what it takes to build a program, promote a program, grow a program, and how to find the right people to fit in to the program. I like coach Daniel, but I do believe it is hard to coach in your hometown, it can be done don't get me wrong, but it has its own unique set of challenges. I agree with you about probably not going to get an established coach, or at least one with a winning record, but you have to hope to get an esatblished assistant, who has worked under a great program and has a winner's attitude. I don't know about the team Daniel has worked with in Georgia, but you know better than most the time it takes to run a program especilly one like Cannon Co, because you are constantly trying to change the culture and thats why I say get an assistant from a power program who won't accept a loser attitude, or perhaps a successful head coach of 1A or 2A school looking to move up. You said coach Daniel was a hard worker and dedicated, and I agree, but so was coach Bartsch and now he is gone. Don't get me wrong if Daniel is interested he would be someone to interview, but perhaps not the right fit.

Wildcat, unless I am way off base you are still in college. Majoring in something doesn't make you an expert. You have to do it, be a part of it, to have first hand knowledge. Not insulting just stating that textbooks aren't going to tell you how to build a program in a small rural town, experience and will power will. You are a good kid but you might be getting too educated to realize what it takes. You need to take that enthusiasm and meet with administration to offer to be on the committee if they are going to have one. Good luck

Wildcat, unless I am way off base you are still in college. Majoring in something doesn't make you an expert. You have to do it, be a part of it, to have first hand knowledge. Not insulting just stating that textbooks aren't going to tell you how to build a program in a small rural town, experience and will power will. You are a good kid but you might be getting too educated to realize what it takes. You need to take that enthusiasm and meet with administration to offer to be on the committee if they are going to have one. Good luck

I am still in college, you are correct, and trust me I know how things work in Cannon Co. I have been apart of it just not in football, I am far from to educated in fact I always want to learn more, and more ways to help build the athletic program here at CCHS. Maybe the problem is we accept that we have to do things different in a small-town, but the ingriedents to a successful program are the same everywhere. I am not an idiot I know there are some things that can't be done at Cannon Co. that are done at Riverdale, Oakland, etc.. but that does not mean that we can't strive to be the absolute best athleic program we can be. I would love to bring my enthusiasm and passion to the adminstration and I hope to do just that. By the way not all of the ideas I have come from a textbook, but perhaps it would help if more textbook knowledge was used here. I think most people want the best for Cannon Co athletics, its just the methoed we use of getting to to that next level and becoming a good overall athletic program, that needs to change.

I don't believe it matters where you are from, that makes someone a quality coach. A good coach just has what it takes. They understand people, they motivate kids to strive for more, can discipline and are disciplined. They also have to be prepared to make it thier program thier way of life. I've only spoken to him a couple of times, and not since the season so don't take my word for it, but I believe Coach Bartsch had all of these but the first quality, and unfortunatley here at CC that is the most important.

Because that is most important, our most successful coaches have been from here...Parker, Harris, Gannon, Bush, maybe even Rigsby (too early to tell).

No offense to Coach B, he had my full support.

Finally someone with a fair amount of sense /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Quote from you on Jan 23rd of the year 2009:

Croach-you need to check your facts a little bit, the Shelbyville assistant made the statement, that he was only using CC to practice going through the interview process. No disrespect to him, if thats what he wanted to do, then no problem here. My point is, we have a fine football coach here now. Sure, I don't agree with some decisions, but what coach are you always in full agreement with (especially play calling)? Give me a break! Get off the man's back and support the coach we have. IMO, despite too many darn on-side kicks, I believe he is fine. I also believe we should be thankful we have someone willing to put the time and effort into our program the way he does. His time and effort is positively building the program, what are you doing with your time and effort?Wildcat, hope you didn't believe I wasn't supportive in any earlier posts....

You change your position more than Barack..... Just a few weeks ago I believe you said he was a fine football coach, where are you now...You been smoking the same thing as warrior ?????

I believe he was a fine Coach, and believe the same now. I was just stating issues where I disagreed with him, but still always supported him. Speaking of changing your position??? you were stalking Warrior @ the beginning of the year, then all of a sudden you were the head of his fan club. Stop stirring the pot, you can read my posts and understand exactly what I'm saying, if you don't understand then ask me. There is no way you can take any of my words on this board ever to be any different than to support our coaches. Disagree sometimes-yes, but always support them.

Hold your horses there Warrior, someone commented on your stint at Cannon County in the earlier post (see the McDonald's quote)...The Kid that is in school is constantly in the middle of all aspects of cannon county sports since you have left and before also. If you would listen to him instead of trying to hire someone you are partial too you could learn something. Wildcat is the most dedicated fan in Cannon County and is in tune with what goes on in the adminastration. Don't start talking like you've done it all. Yes you got it going in the right direction but you had alot more to work with than Bartsch (injuries hurt his tenure). The worst thing Cannon County could do is bring the Georgia coach back to Woodbury...period. He didn't cut it in his interview less than 18 months ago and one season in Georgia doesn't make you a championship type coach. It's my understanding he is cut from the same cloth as you, don't take offense but that is not what Cannon County needs right now. Lay off Widcat, if you were smart you would pick the phone up and call the AD and the principal and get the educated young man on the search committee..... That's how you can help the program, lay off the Georgia thing, the program doesn't need it.....I enjoy talking back and forth with you but can't agree with you on wildcat.....I've had numerous conversations with him, probably more than any other person from Cannon County. He's one of those that has all the tools and is very mature (way beyond his age). If I were someone interested I would make sure the day he rolled out of MTSU, he would be on my payroll...still trying to figure out how to get him on my team..... All i'm saying is don't sell the young man short. Be careful what you say, possible could be your boss one day.

Thank you for the support pspy. I believe warrior took me the wrong way and that is ok I would consider him a friend and good coach, I am not saying I have every answer, but I do feel I have a very good knowledge of what it takes to have a winning and well-ran program. I believe we settle for the way things have always been done here at Cannon Co. As I said earlier I know we wont have some of the things that other big programs have, but we can do a lot better than what we have as far as facilities and sponsorships, etc.. I am learning from some of the best sport management teachers at MTSU, on what it takes to make a high school school program succesful yes even small rural ones. And as I said earlier a lot of my ideas did not come from a textbook as warrior suggested. My passion and enthusaim is Cannon Co. its where I want to help in any capacity, I have a vision of what the athletics could be here, and thats what it takes you have to have direction and know where you wanna go and than plan out how to get there. I never want to stop being educated in how to better run an athletic program, and I want to help bring Cannon Co. to the next level.