What happen to the Duff Tourney?

MrNoitAll

While I was watching :"Birdie" washing the dishes/cleaning the house/feedin the dogs/taking the garage/ feelin the hogs/ feedin the chickens/ gettin me a good supper on the table I was wondering out loud what has happen to the "Duff Tourney", I also enjoy working at that game and meeting a lot of poor folks like me and "Birdie" I know that this new coach is busy getting his team ready for an very tough district but wonder why not have this late tourney? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> At one time this was a tourney that had teams coming from all over the state. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yeah I guess the new coach is busy trying to put that program back together after the last 5 or 6 years. He has his hands full but from what I understand is not playing the "happy parents" ball that took that program to its knees. Good for him! The Duff was one of the most attended tournaments in TN high school softball at one time.

Our team was going to play in a middle school tournament in Cookeville last year. They went from telling us they had 12 teams possibly 14 in a middle school tourney to sending our money back without much of an explanation at the last minute.

It's a shame because Coach Duff was someone to be honored in TN Softball. Can't remember right now the exact Win/Loss but his record was awesome!

• 3 weeks later...