Guess who's back

hard_ball1

It saddens me that the topic which sparked my curiosity most was locked before I could respond. No worries, though, my friends. It's amazing how someone seemingly so far removed from a people still manages to hear about its controversies.

People amaze me, even still. Is it necessary to blast student athletes publicly? There is a reason the names of juveniles are not given in the media for such things. All that has been done is shed a very dark light over a county known for its high caliber athletic program, high school, and citizens. And for what? What progress has been made here? Were you so curious to find out why the program has been stalled, you could have more than likely asked any third person you share oxygen with for the answer, but instead, an athletic department and probably even a specific team has been tainted. Clearly you are affiliated with both...so you are included in the institutions in which you have blasted. Coaches and school officials always have what's best for their student athletes in mind, and in most cases, anything that goes on that could be detrimental to the overall well-being of a team, school, and county will eventually come out in the wash (especially when girls are involved). And usually, those people who do not get caught are victims of a type of cancer commonly known as gossip (again, sadly mostly when girls are involved). As adults, I feel we should aim to give kids the benefit of the doubt even when rumors overwhelm us. It is not our job to condemn, but instead, to teach...by word and example. And most of all, let us look first in our own lives, the lives of our families, and strive to take responsibility for and aim to perfect our own shortcomings.

I've said enough...I'll leave you with two quotes from easily one of the greatest coaches and leaders of all time, Vince Lombardi, from Lombardi Jr's book on his father leadership and coaching philosophies...

first he says that..."Emotional maturity is a preface for a sense of values. The immature person exaggerates what is not important."

and finally..."If I had to do things all over again, I think I would pray for more patience, and maybe understanding..." -let's not allow ourselves the experience that feeling, especially as adults in our relationships to kids, teenagers.

let me guess... problems in Coffee County again? Whats new? There's a reason why Tullahoma has their own school district. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think he was talking about the previous thread about the drug testing. So far as I know the only real controversy we have going on right now at Coffee County is the very real problem of snow blindness in cats. It is a very real problem that faces more and more cats each year. This problem was first brought to the national scene by famous NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby and continues to be completely ignored by our government.

There may be something else going on...but they don't tell me much. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think he was talking about the previous thread about the drug testing. So far as I know the only real controversy we have going on right now at Coffee County is the very real problem of snow blindness in cats. It is a very real problem that faces more and more cats each year. This problem was first brought to the national scene by famous NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby and continues to be completely ignored by our government.

There may be something else going on...but they don't tell me much. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WOW!! I had no idea.I thought the economy was bad until i heard this news!!Enter pun here: I was blind to the problem facing the nation! Where can i contribute or volunteer time to get this known to the public. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It is true, I wouldn't have known anything about it if I hadn't been struck by a tradgedy of such epic proportions myself. On March 1st my family and I woke up to a majestic winter land scape, serene, tranquil, God's beauty personally put on his canvas there for us to enjoy. And then we heard the first awful crys of desperation. Louder and louder they became. And then we saw it with our own eyes. Our 4 cats running...running...crashing...running and crashing, they were blind. The snow, it must be the snow! My wife looked to me, question and dispair in her eyes, what to do?

I felt helpless....think...think!

What to do? Who could I call? What government agency could possibly help? The economy in such a shape as it is, how could we ever do anything in time to help out Buttons, Sox, Snuggies, and Bobcat?

My decision was made simplified by irresponible people, Walmart parking lot, and an endless supply of free kittens. I knew what I had to do! I had tears in my eyes as I loaded my gun and sent the wife and kids to the back of the house, being a man, ignoring their tears was heart wrenching, but a man has to do what a man has to do!

The economy, if it weren't for the economy we could have saved them.

I did manage to create our own little stimulus package I received $5 for each pelt...We are beginning the Bobcat Foundation (since he was my favorite) Snow Goggles for cats!

let me guess... problems in Coffee County again? Whats new? There's a reason why Tullahoma has their own school district. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

At least us folks in Coffee Co. can make our tough decisions, hit a moving target, and we know how to skin a cat! Our girls can too! Well be seeing you on March 31st /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />