Clarkrange vs MAM

TopDawg83

CONGRATS TO THE LADY BUFFALOES FOR ACHEIVING THEIR GOAL. THEY WERE CONSISTANT ALL YEAR AND THEIR HARD WORK PAYED OFF. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> For those who choose to be negative or make excuses why they should not be first SHAME ON YOU. I am looking forward to another exciting season next year. I also want to say that I think that they could have WON on any level not just Single A.

GREAT JOB!!!! PROUD TO BE A BUFFALO FAN!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a great win and championship

....I think that they could have WON on any level not just Single A....

Now I don't care who your are. Thats funny. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lol. May be funny but it is also true. I did not get the chance to watch the AAA State title game, but other than that they could have. I watched the AA Finals and they could have beat both teams (have beaten LA this year already by a good margin). GC will probably refute that but CR is as good of a team as there was at the Boro this year...Congrats on 39-0 and the GOLD BALL.

I watched all the games Saturday and have watched basketball and scouted teams for several years. I definitely think CR could have beaten Livingston or Gibson Co., at least on Saturday. I do not think either team played that well during the final game until the last three minutes where LA blew up and GC made every right move. After watching the AAA game, I think either of those teams would have dominated CR or GC. Too much size and speed, and too deep in every position. It would be very interesting to watch though. Congrats too all the winners!

Number one, we will never know for sure. I am not taking anything away from Clarkrange. Their first 7 are very good, well coached and play well together. But to say they would be "gold ball" in any class is in my opinion just plain silly. Your team, your girls, your perogative. This is not meant disrespectfully to any of the Class A team, but my point is that depth really comes into play. Your first 7 may match up well against the first 5 of another team, but your 6-10 probably wouldn't match up as well as their 6-10. Especially when you get to AAA when half the girls on the team are on successful AAU teams. Could they be successful against the higher classes?, obviously yes, but gold ball? I don't think so. I normally follow AAA, but as scheduling would have it, I had the opportunity to watch both CR and GC in their early games live and all three finals thanks to the magic of TV. You definitely were "as good as team as there was at the 'Boro". I just think that saying that you could have beaten the other that you saw is streching it a little. Again, your gold ball was well deserved.

Number one, we will never know for sure. I am not taking anything away from Clarkrange. Their first 7 are very good, well coached and play well together. But to say they would be "gold ball" in any class is in my opinion just plain silly. Your team, your girls, your perogative. This is not meant disrespectfully to any of the Class A team, but my point is that depth really comes into play. Your first 7 may match up well against the first 5 of another team, but your 6-10 probably wouldn't match up as well as their 6-10. Especially when you get to AAA when half the girls on the team are on successful AAU teams. Could they be successful against the higher classes?, obviously yes, but gold ball? I don't think so. I normally follow AAA, but as scheduling would have it, I had the opportunity to watch both CR and GC in their early games live and all three finals thanks to the magic of TV. You definitely were "as good as team as there was at the 'Boro". I just think that saying that you could have beaten the other that you saw is streching it a little. Again, your gold ball was well deserved.

Well you are very uninformed if you think teams like this years CR and a couple of JC's couldn't compete with all classes. In 2004, JC (they were at the very bottom of AA and went to single the next year) had beat all 3 state champions that year in regular season. I'm not going to say year in and year out that would happen. There are sometimes that special team that comes through that can. This is one of those teams. JC this year competed with and beat some AA and AAA teams that were at the boro and they didn't get out of region. Your opinions are very biased and uninformed. I would take this CR team over anyone that was at the boro. I don't know if they would beat them all, but I guarantee they would compete with all!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well you are very uninformed if you think teams like this years CR and a couple of JC's couldn't compete with all classes. In 2004, JC (they were at the very bottom of AA and went to single the next year) had beat all 3 state champions that year in regular season. I'm not going to say year in and year out that would happen. There are sometimes that special team that comes through that can. This is one of those teams. JC this year competed with and beat some AA and AAA teams that were at the boro and they didn't get out of region. Your opinions are very biased and uninformed. I would take this CR team over anyone that was at the boro. I don't know if they would beat them all, but I guarantee they would compete with all!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Option 86 you are soooo right. It would have been nice to see a game between the two just to see. There will be those who will always think that Single A can't compete on their level that are very wrong.

These young ladies worked day after day to get where they are now. They hold the GOLD BALL and that says volumes. They did not squeak by teams but won convincingly each time. I am PROUD TO BE A BUFFALO FAN. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The statement was not compete against every class but "gold ball" in any class they wanted. You were definitely heads and shoulders against the schools that you went up against, even the AAA schools that you pounded. I grew up many moons ago in a state where the different classes did have a play off to name a state champion. I really don't have the prejudice that some accuse me of. I believe that basketball like wrestling and tennis can be the great equalizer among communities. It is just that as I look down some of these AAA benches, I get to 6 or 7 before there is someone under 6'1". Could you beat the other gold ball holders in tournament basketball, maybe so 3 out of 5 times. I also beleive there would be a difference playing your way through an entire years schedule at a different class, making it out of district, region, and section to earn the right to play for the gold ball in that class. You should be proud of you team. They did something very special that they will remember for a lifetime. Just don't denigrate all the other schools in the state.