Manassas (25-2) Draws Humboldt (33-0)...Let the Games Begin!

dollar1906

I agree. How do you think Manassas will play us? I figured they would play us in a 2-3 and make us hit the 3's, which is probably how we are going to play them too. Also, if they do play us in a 2-3, we're going to need Tevin or Charles to flash at the free-throw line and get the ball to draw out Buckner. If he doesn't come out then go ahead and take the shot from there. If he pops out on you, then feed it to the backdoor cutter and SLAM it home!

Great analysis of the zone there Dickie V, I mean frankieD! Lol... I too feel like it will be zone for them but maybe Legend can enlighten us but he will think we are looking for their "secrets." If they do go man, I give Humboldt the edge cause whoever Buckner is not guarding will have some good one on one looks.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! Its not the draw...its the luck of the draw.

Red_16, You folks have flapped your fingers all year wanting Manassas..well here you go! You gotta win 3 anyway.

I LOVE THE DRAW! lol! this is what we wanted right? if u dont live for this then why LIVE???

I look for them to try and press us a little bit...If that doesn't work, they'll either fall back into a 2-3 or man...If they do run man, I like our chances...Get Buckner out of the paint and attack...Penetrate, draw the help D, kick out for the open shot...We've been doing it all year, just another game...

Red_16, I hear our way of playing described all day long. Manassas isn't describing their game at all. Sure hope we don't tell too much. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Aha---I figured it out. The reason Humbolt fans are upset is because they got what they wanted, just not the way they wanted. Just a theory here, but I am guessing that the Humbolt fans wanted Manassas in the opposite half with either Grace or Temple in the hopes of one of them pulling off an upset so that you really didnt have to go through them. And even if you did have to go through them, it would have been in a later round after some tough games. Guess what--You got what you wanted, so deal with it. When they pull names out of a hat and the rules of who can not play cuase they from the same region, what were the odds anyway. Had Collinwood beaten CA, then Cwood would have had to been in the opposite bracket, butg they didnt and they Eagles end up with a good draw. You got what you want, now go out and back it up. SHS took care of business in the regional getting Cully like they wanted, so now is your time. Lets see waht ya got. And for the one that brought up Eagleville, SHS dominated that game and had a 16 pt lead going into the fourth--it wasnt a "only beat them by 10" deal. Know your facts!!

Humboldt is not going to lay down just cause we got them in the first round, we wanted to play them did not wnat them to be put out early. To be the best, you have to take out the best, but why would anyone in there right mind want to play what we consider the best team first. We want the tv rating to be high so we could catch them in the finals, assuming we both could get there. We are not griping cause thats the way it happened, just stated that we would rather play in the finals. Its all good though, good luck to all teams.

Well said Red. I'd like to know what the odds are of Humboldt and Manassas being the first two teams drawn. It is what it is though and Humboldt knows what it has to do now. Prepare and be focused.......GO VIKINGS!

The odds of them being the first 2 drawn are (2/8) x (1/7) = .0357 or 3.57% chance of this happening. I don't like this either being a West TN basketball fan, but it does make the first day a lot more exciting than usual. The first game of the tourney is generally bad, so at least this will bring some excitement early to the tourney. I feel for the people that have scheduling conflicts, though. I hope these two teams will be able to wake up and play their games at 10 AM, haha. I pick Humboldt but would not be shocked at all if Manassas upset them.

Aha---I figured it out. The reason Humbolt fans are upset is because they got what they wanted, just not the way they wanted. Just a theory here, but I am guessing that the Humbolt fans wanted Manassas in the opposite half with either Grace or Temple in the hopes of one of them pulling off an upset so that you really didnt have to go through them. And even if you did have to go through them, it would have been in a later round after some tough games. Guess what--You got what you wanted, so deal with it. When they pull names out of a hat and the rules of who can not play cuase they from the same region, what were the odds anyway. Had Collinwood beaten CA, then Cwood would have had to been in the opposite bracket, butg they didnt and they Eagles end up with a good draw. You got what you want, now go out and back it up. SHS took care of business in the regional getting Cully like they wanted, so now is your time. Lets see waht ya got. And for the one that brought up Eagleville, SHS dominated that game and had a 16 pt lead going into the fourth--it wasnt a "only beat them by 10" deal. Know your facts!!

WhoA!!! sorry vandy! Ok...they were leading Eagleville by 16 going into the 4th quarter! So instead of Temple winning by 20, they'll win by 14! I'm glad you're not a scientist though because your theory is wrong, for me anyway. I really think this will make both teams play even harder! First round, best two Single A teams in the state, win or go home empty handed. That makes this game even better! I couldn't see Grace or Temple upsetting Manassas anyway. I got the matchup I wanted! Humboldt vs. Manassas! Just wasn't expecting it to happen in the first round, simply because I thought that they would just put us on opposite side of the brackets. I wasn't exactly for sure how the drawing actually goes anyway. Go Humboldt!!!

Figured it out??? Nah, clueless my friend...

Ask any REAL Humboldt fan or any player for that matter...Winning this state tournament wouldn't have felt right if they didn't go through Manassas to do it...Humboldt players might like this, I'm not sure because I haven't had a chance to talk to any of them yet...One poster made a good point earlier though...This gives Humboldt 4 days to prepare for Manassas so it could be a blessing in disguise...Either way, Humboldt was in no way trying to avoid Manassas....I believe the fans (not just Humboldt fans) felt like that would be the best championship game matchup...To have arguably the two best teams in Class A playing in the first game of the tournament just doesn't seem right...Then, looking at the other side of the bracket, you have arguably the 4th best team with a 2-round bye...

I just hope I can make it up there Wednesday morning...Been waiting all year for this..

I LOVE THE DRAW! lol! this is what we wanted right? if u dont live for this then why LIVE???

Legend we all know this is what you wanted and in some way some Humboldt fans might have wanted the same, but give us a brief summary of how you see the game playing out, assuming both teams play to their full potential, limited turnovers, great officiating, and so on....

Red_16, I hear our way of playing described all day long. Manassas isn't describing their game at all. Sure hope we don't tell too much. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Anything I say on here can be seen on film...Besides, what's Legend going to do...Print off a couple of pages off of a CoachT thread and take it to Buckner...Well, actually that's possible /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not concerned...