west tn single A baseball

rebels19

middleton came off a 10 day layoff when they lost to mcnairy but the next night was a different story wasn't it?

middleton 8 mcnairy 3

i would have to say that riverside is the team to beat this year after blowing out jcs in the second game but those district tournaments are coming up and no one knows who will win it on any given day

Then Bolivar goes to Middleton and beat them 5-0 on their own turf with Christian Hooton shutting them down with many strike outs and gets the win over Matthew Kirk!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverside has beat both JCS and Huntingdon, so I would say they have a shot, they have improved alot from last year and look to make noise deep in the post-season

With the new state polls out Riverside is ranked 4th and JCS 5th in the state...Riverside is also ranked #1 in West Tn above JCS and Huntington..They have beaten quite a few ranked teams in A, AA, and AAA with wins over Southside, Humbolt, JCS, Huntington, and LibertyTech.. I would have to say Riverside is probaly one of the biggest surprises of the season..Just hope they can continue playing great ball in the post season..

Anybody can beat anybody on any given night!!

because they blow

"because they blow" How can you come on here and just down all of the hard work and long hours of practice that is put in year after year by these young men???? If I'm right this is a young team I believe they lost 5 or 6 players last year. Yes from the little i have seen the few seniors need to step up there game this time of year. I would really like to see more out of Sr. Drew Webster on the mound and at the plate. Middleton dose have a young pitcher that has shown he can bring it. All i know is his last name Smith. And i will tell you who has really impressed me this year is Kirk Rodgers. He has really improved. So remember this any GIVEN day anyone can win, and you can be beaten by a team u think "BLOWS"

Greenfield is undefeated this year. They beat Union City last night, and they're playing UC again tonite. They have hitting, pitching, fielding, and their bench runs deep. The only thing is that they are young. There's only 3 seniors on the team, and there's only 2 juniors on the team. Greenfield baseball could be very good for the next 2 or 3 years.

Seems Greenfield and/or Dresden are in the driver's seat in 14A right now. Rest of the district is in the losers bracket.

With the new state polls out Riverside is ranked 4th and JCS 5th in the state...Riverside is also ranked #1 in West Tn above JCS and Huntington..They have beaten quite a few ranked teams in A, AA, and AAA with wins over Southside, Humbolt, JCS, Huntington, and LibertyTech.. I would have to say Riverside is probaly one of the biggest surprises of the season..Just hope they can continue playing great ball in the post season..

Anybody can beat anybody on any given night!!

Riverside takes on TCA in the district tournament today, I hope they can continue their great season

Riverside takes on TCA in the district tournament today, I hope they can continue their great season

Riverside beat TCA 13-0 in 5. Stephen Gant pitched a three hit shutout and hit 88 mph on the gun. Not bad for freshmen. Ryan Bivens hit a GS. Does anyone know the winner of JCS vs Scotts Hill?

Then Bolivar goes to Middleton and beat them 5-0 on their own turf with Christian Hooton shutting them down with many strike outs and gets the win over Matthew Kirk!!!

Hooten may have gotten the win, but Matthew Kirk shut Hooten down at the plate--striking him out everytime that he came up to bat. And if I recall correctly, Matthew Kirk got several hits off of Hooten.

JCS won 18-8

I believe JCS is still the best team in W. Tennessee, followed closely by a much improved Riverside team. I am not real familiar with the The region Huntingdon is in but i know JCS handled Huntingdon at Pringles Park. Middleton is not a bad team, but tops in W. Tennesse? please. They lost to Trinity who is 4th in that region. If you cant take down the fourth best team in a region then you dont quite deserve to be considered a top team. Then to the guy saying how can you com in and diss the hard work these boys put in... hard work is important, but hard work dont mean jack unless your gettin wins.

Riverside has now won 2 out of 3 against TCA W 10-0,W 13-0, and L 0-5

the loss came at home when the shortshop had 4 errors in key times allowing a run to score each time, yes its a loss but anyone can beat anybody.

Riverside and JCS both beat Huntingdon this year pretty well, I expect JCS and Riverside to come out of District 15 to compete with Middelton and ? out of District 16.

I would like to see a Riverside/JCS vs. Middelton matchup down the road

JCS won 18-8

I believe JCS is still the best team in W. Tennessee, followed closely by a much improved Riverside team. I am not real familiar with the The region Huntingdon is in but i know JCS handled Huntingdon at Pringles Park. Middleton is not a bad team, but tops in W. Tennesse? please. They lost to Trinity who is 4th in that region. If you cant take down the fourth best team in a region then you dont quite deserve to be considered a top team. Then to the guy saying how can you com in and diss the hard work these boys put in... hard work is important, but hard work dont mean jack unless your gettin wins.

It might not mean jack to you or anyone eles but dont come on here downing another program because if ur team was young and maybe not closing games out and someone got on here saying you blow u wouldnt like that either.

I wasnt saying they are the best team in Tennessee or anything they still have aways to go. All i was saying dont come on here downing and saying a school blows. And winning isnt everything these coachs are trying to teach these kids that with hard work u can be in a spot to accomplish anything