district 1 sotfball

redskins1

I heard that JCHS was very young starting 5 or 6 sophomores and also heard they had 2 or 3 really good middle school girls coming up next year. Sounds like they might be tough to beat the next few years. Whay about Happy Valley and South Greene? Anyone no anything about these teams?

JCHS is starting six sophomores with some freshmen getting significant playing time. In fact there is only one upper classman in the infield: Senior April Wilson at Short. That group of sophs are the first to go thru 4 years of their relatively new girls LL program. As for the eighth graders moving up next year, it looks like three or four of them are talented, smart and hard working. They lost to Cloudland's JV's last week by one run. But then it seeems that every school has some good MSers moving up.

I do know that Valley has a very good group of eight graders as well.I have seen Coach Dorsey's team twice and they are talented and well coached.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Unicoi and Elizabehton again are the 2 top teams in the District so who is going to be 3 and 4? I here Chucky Doak is not to bad and that Johnson County is ok but very young. Any Thoughts?

Kadey Robinson is down for the count with a torn ACL from what I hear, Taylor I feel for you entering the Pack Mule Zone for your Team. Good Luck and don't get injured. Kadey our prayers too you Kiddo! Love ya!

Sounds like a loaded Question. Thay all are giving it there Best I'm sure!

Did not mean for this to sound like a loaded question and I am sure they are all doing there best. What am asking as tourney time nears who is on top of their game. Just like basketball or any other sport some kids play better when the presure is on. Not asking who is not pitching well just asking who pitching really well right now.

Did not mean for this to sound like a loaded question and I am sure they are all doing there best. What am asking as tourney time nears who is on top of their game. Just like basketball or any other sport some kids play better when the presure is on. Not asking who is not pitching well just asking who pitching really well right now.

Ok, Taylor Bellessa (Elizabethton),Kara Woods (Unicoi),Taylor Bowman ( Chuckey Doak) are all on there game. That's my top 3 picks out of Dist 1 AA, I would put Kadey Robinson in the mix , unfortunatly she has a blown acl (Elizabethton)

Ok, Taylor Bellessa (Elizabethton),Kara Woods (Unicoi),Taylor Bowman ( Chuckey Doak) are all on there game. That's my top 3 picks out of Dist 1 AA, I would put Kadey Robinson in the mix , unfortunatly she has a blown acl (Elizabethton)

That's three great pitchers, but I think Kara Woods is probably pitching the best. On more that I have seen pitch this year that looks good but has no defense to back her up is the girl from Johnson County, don't know her name.

Tiffany Bowman from Chuckey Doak is a young strong competitor, I think once she gets her mentalality on the mound a little stronger, she will be a great one. She already has the pitches, she can throw a wicked screw ball and her change up is sweet when its on. Taylor will go far, she is one who never she emotions on the mound and is hard to rattle.

I do agree that Kara is pitching the best right now, she has a ton of expirence already and she is just a sophomore. If she stays mentally and physically strong, she could pitch for a big D1 school. Kara has a lot of natural talent but she works hard, and thats what makes her stand out. I probably couldn't count high enough to count all the games she has pitched in, much less the batters she has faced.

I have nothing but respect for Kara Woods and I just hope that keeps playing up to her potential and working hard. She is already a great pitcher, but she will be an outstanding pitcher if she just keeps up the hard work.

I can't wait to see you pitch at the next level!

Goodluck tonight to the Lady Devils as the travel to Johnson County!

Tiffany Bowman from Chuckey Doak is a young strong competitor, I think once she gets her mentalality on the mound a little stronger, she will be a great one. She already has the pitches, she can throw a wicked screw ball and her change up is sweet when its on. Taylor will go far, she is one who never she emotions on the mound and is hard to rattle.

I do agree that Kara is pitching the best right now, she has a ton of expirence already and she is just a sophomore. If she stays mentally and physically strong, she could pitch for a big D1 school. Kara has a lot of natural talent but she works hard, and thats what makes her stand out. I probably couldn't count high enough to count all the games she has pitched in, much less the batters she has faced.

I have nothing but respect for Kara Woods and I just hope that keeps playing up to her potential and working hard. She is already a great pitcher, but she will be an outstanding pitcher if she just keeps up the hard work.

I can't wait to see you pitch at the next level!

Goodluck tonight to the Lady Devils as the travel to Johnson County!

Lady Devils 2 Johnson County 0 ? J C must have played pretty good.

Lady Devils 2 Johnson County 0 ? J C must have played pretty good.

Indeed they did.

I was very impressed with the improvement of their defense.

Devils didn't hit to their potential at all tonight, never do there really.

Johnson Countys pitcher is a good one for being so young, looked like she worked the outside AND inside pretty well.

BIG THURSDAY IN DISTRICT 1AA !! Elizabethton vs Unicoi County - This game will determine if Lady Devil gets another championship out-right or will be co champs. Edge goes to Unicoi even though not hitting very well as a team right now. Chuckey Doak vs Sullivan North- Win by Chuckey Doak will give them 3rd place and home field advantage in 1st game of tournament. Edge in this game goes to Chuckey Doak. Johnson County vs South Greene- big game for 4 place in conference which also means hosting 1st round of tournament. Edge goes to Johnson County winning 5 of their last 6 games while South Greene has lost 4 of the last 5 according to CoachT.

Should be a great tounament in a couple of weeks with Unicoi still being the team to beat. Elizabethton will have something to say about that and after seeing Johnson County play a couple times in Greenville this past weekend they could be the Cinderella.

BIG THURSDAY IN DISTRICT 1AA !! Elizabethton vs Unicoi County - This game will determine if Lady Devil gets another championship out-right or will be co champs. Edge goes to Unicoi even though not hitting very well as a team right now. Chuckey Doak vs Sullivan North- Win by Chuckey Doak will give them 3rd place and home field advantage in 1st game of tournament. Edge in this game goes to Chuckey Doak. Johnson County vs South Greene- big game for 4 place in conference which also means hosting 1st round of tournament. Edge goes to Johnson County winning 5 of their last 6 games while South Greene has lost 4 of the last 5 according to CoachT.

Should be a great tounament in a couple of weeks with Unicoi still being the team to beat. Elizabethton will have something to say about that and after seeing Johnson County play a couple times in Greenville this past weekend they could be the Cinderella.

Unicoi will be the Conference Champions, Winning 4-0 over Elizabethton, 4 hits for Elizabethton, 10 K's for Kara Woods, Another Shutout. her record now 28-1 Our bats finally are coming alive again WOOHOO! Go Lady Blues!