district 1 sotfball

redskins1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi county wins the conference for the 14th time in a row.

It was good to see them go undefeated again, for it has been 3 years since they have.

now lets keep the momentum going all the way to the "boro"=]

Good luck in the Mo'town west tourny this weekend!

Bring it back!

Congratulations to Unicoi Co. and my friends at Unaka for winning their conference as well. Not sure how many this is for Coach Ronnie Hicks but I know it's been a long time since Unaka hasn't had at least a share of the conference crown. Keep going upper east TN!

Since we are talking about district one, I just wondered what the rule was about first round district games having to be moved outside the original Friday format to accommodate schools that schedule their Proms. Is this a common practice?

I think it is great and South Greene's prom is Friday and I think the Seniors should get to attend the prom and if the other school agrees what is the problem.

I think it is great and South Greene's prom is Friday and I think the Seniors should get to attend the prom and if the other school agrees what is the problem.

I remember back, my oldest daughter now graduated. missed her Senior prom over this same issue. They have never changed it sense 2003. Which is it Ball or Prom? Being a dad, and knowing that ball last forever,if you are good enough, proms, and high school Graduation, and memories is another. Let the young ladies and Gentleman choose. After all that's why they call it a game and the schools know the kids schedules way before prom, if the schools really cared about all there athletes, they would schedule accordingly.

I didn't say there was a problem.

But since you mention this particular game, I have to wonder if S Greene would have been willing to have the game moved if JC's Prom had been this weekend. Fortunately their's was last weekend (Saturday according to my source) so that isn't the issue.

I am all for cooperation and making things work out for the kids when practical, but the schedule for district playoff games was put out months ago.

I didn't say there was a problem.

But since you mention this particular game, I have to wonder if S Greene would have been willing to have the game moved if JC's Prom had been this weekend. Fortunately their's was last weekend (Saturday according to my source) so that isn't the issue.

I am all for cooperation and making things work out for the kids when practical, but the schedule for district playoff games was put out months ago.

It's the school not the kids and the kids should not have to make a choice and it is a game. In life we have so much more to worry about than if it is right or wrong to reschedule a game or not and yes I am sure South Greene would have been more then happy to reschedule for Johnson County or anyone else, but I know we at SG are such bad people, players, and fans. God Bless

Just heard a nasty rumor that N. Greene beat Unicoi Co. yesterday at the Morristown tourney. This is a shocker! Anyone care to tell what happened?

I am the coach of North Greene. I would be glad to tell you my prospective of what happened. My goal going into the game was to hold UC under 20 runs. lol First, I have to say that NGHS played the best they have played since the sub-state game with Coalfield last year. If I am not mistaken, both teams had 5 hits each. UC pitcher stuck out 16 batters compared to our 1 strike out. UC hit and our defense, for the first time all year, was flawless!! NGHS's hits were deep enough to score runners. It was an exciting game. Now, would it ever happen again???? Who knows, but it did happen and I am very proud!!!

It's the school not the kids and the kids should not have to make a choice and it is a game. In life we have so much more to worry about than if it is right or wrong to reschedule a game or not and yes I am sure South Greene would have been more then happy to reschedule for Johnson County or anyone else, but I know we at SG are such bad people, players, and fans. God Bless

Don't get so upset! It was never my intention to get anyone so upset. I was simply asking a question. If it scheduled before the school year begins then what are the acceptable reasons for moving such a game? I was asking to see what the GUIDELINES are.

Like I said earlier I am all for cooperation and doing what is right for the kids. If I had a child in that situation I would certainly hope that the same courtesy would be extended, whether it was changing the date or the time. I seriously doubt that Prom would be scheduled when football had a game scheduled (I know the seasons are different but you get the point) it is unfortunate that female athletes are not always afforded the same level of consideration as their male counterparts. However UC21 makes a valid point about making decisions and setting priorities.

And as for casting any kind of criticism of SG fans, nothing of the sort was intended, nor should it be construed. I merely asked the question. But since you feel the need to express how your (since you said "we") people are perceived, then I will say this: IF that is the way others feel about your "people, players, and fans" then maybe something needs to change. I will not even go there, that is up to you. Nor will I even venture my opinion of fans of certain schools, that has nothing to do with anything in this discussion.

Oh and BTW, the Elizabethton-Happy Valley District Playoff Game was moved to thursday, and I had heard that it was for a Prom.

Also my GOD does bless me, everyday in fact and far more than I could ever deserve....I sincerely hope you have a safe trip up to JC and back. Try to lighten up and enjoy the GAME rather than looking for something to get upset about.