White Station/Raleigh Egypt

terop

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA WHAT!?!?!?!?! I thought I had heard they won!!!!! WOW.... most definately White Station v. Raleigh Egypt now.

I'm going to make a bold statement and only people from Memphis and West TN will like this post. Memphis is bringing home all 3 gold balls this year. Manassas in Single A, BTW in AA, White Station or Raleigh Egypt in AAA!

Why is a White Station/Raleigh Egypt matchup one that is most definite now that Bearden is out? If you feared Bearden with it's alleged "5 DI players" then how much moreso should you fear the team that sent them home by 9?

Actually, I do think Northeast will lose the next game. I listened to the NE/Bearden game and neither one seemed very impressive at least over the airwaves in this one game. I will say this; Given all the talk about Bearden's size, Northeast outrebounded them.

Trader, if you see some Gibson Co. people in the gym tomorrow, come introduce yourself. 3 of us are leaving out about 5:45 in the morning and heading up there in time to catch all of tomorrows games. We're also staying Saturday for the championships. Last year I was having a random conversation with a guy sitting right next to me. I was sitting in the Memphis section and the guy I randomly talked to turned out to be Galilee, lol. It was pretty odd to say the least considering we had been talking to each other for about 15-20 minutes before we found out.

GCPioneer,

I would gladly do that but, unfortunately, I will not be in Murfreesboro on Friday.

My wife and I usually don't drive up until Saturdays, provided a Mphs team makes it that far (I've got my fingers and toes crossed).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, congratulations on ya'lls girl's team undefeated State Title!!!!!

I watched that game on Comcast. Excellent team.

I knew Bearden was over-rated. The alleged "5 D1 players" was a post coming from a Bearden fan on here. I'm not sure if they're all D1 players (they very could be though) considering they just got put out in the first round of the state tournaments. Typically a team like that would run the table with ease. I said before that Bearden would get put out by 1 of the Memphis teams. I was wrong. They got put out by Clarksville NE who is always good. I do think that White Station will win over NE as well and Raleigh Egypt will knock off Walker Valley to make it an all Memphis showdown for the second consecutive year. (last year was Ridgeway and White Station with Ridgeway winning it)

GCPioneer,

I would gladly do that but, unfortunately, I will not be in Murfreesboro on Friday.

My wife and I usually don't drive up until Saturdays, provided a Mphs team makes it that far (I've got my fingers and toes crossed).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, congratulations on ya'lls girl's team undefeated State Title!!!!!

I watched that game on Comcast. Excellent team.

Appreciate it man! We went undefeated this year and only graduate 2 girls that played alot this year and they averaged maybe 6 PPG combined. We have about 90% of our scoring back for next year. The PG and 2 post players are only Juniors this year! First undefeated season in school history and first championship in school history. It had been a long time coming!!!!

We'll be up there Saturday as well. I'm sure one of us will have some Gibson Co. gear on. We're fairly young people (20-21). Don't let that mislead you, lol.

Why is a White Station/Raleigh Egypt matchup one that is most definite now that Bearden is out? If you feared Bearden with it's alleged "5 DI players" then how much moreso should you fear the team that sent them home by 9?

Actually, I do think Northeast will lose the next game. I listened to the NE/Bearden game and neither one seemed very impressive at least over the airwaves in this one game. I will say this; Given all the talk about Bearden's size, Northeast outrebounded them.

DunkerDon,

I have never seen Bearden, but was very curious about them, given all the year-long super-hype!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

1) Why do you say, "alleged...."????

2) What were the rebounding totals for each team?

2) What info can u provide us Mphs fans about Clarksville NE, if any?

I knew Bearden was over-rated. The alleged "5 D1 players" was a post coming from a Bearden fan on here. I'm not sure if they're all D1 players (they very could be though) considering they just got put out in the first round of the state tournaments. Typically a team like that would run the table with ease. I said before that Bearden would get put out by 1 of the Memphis teams. I was wrong. They got put out by Clarksville NE who is always good. I do think that White Station will win over NE as well and Raleigh Egypt will knock off Walker Valley to make it an all Memphis showdown for the second consecutive year. (last year was Ridgeway and White Station with Ridgeway winning it)

Come on man REALLY?? You HONESTLY think RE will beat Walker Valley? Was you at any of the games today? The radio does no justice....Walker Valley wasn't even at the top of their game (Ware was off) and still proved a point so I KNOW they will be ready tomorrow!! I stayed for the RE and Beech game and I was NOT impressed! We shall see /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

DunkerDon,

I have never seen Bearden, but was very curious about them, given all the year-long super-hype!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

1) Why do you say, "alleged...."????

2) What were the rebounding totals for each team?

2) What info can u provide us Mphs fans about Clarksville NE, if any?

Hello TraderB,

I used the word alleged because I was responding to a post which said Bearden had five DI players. It turns out that he said Bearden had five DI players as something of a jestful comment based upon a post from a Bearden fan that said Bearden had five DI players. I listened to the NE game and it certainly did not sound like Bearden was stocked with five DI players nor could I imagine anyone defeating a team that had such talent. Ergo, I used the word "alleged."

If I recall correctly, the rebounding stats were 37-35 Northeast.

I don't know a thing about Northeast other than I listened to the game on the radio today. It was one of the sloppiest games in which I have ever had the misfortune of listening although the last five minutes were very good. Northeast turned the ball over quite a bit (but so did Bearden and Bearden killed themselves with four consecutive turnovers late in the game - the whole game was a turnover and foul festival as well as a "brick" barbeque). Northeast fans were saying they would match up well with Bearden's size and athleticism and those comments seemed to be accurate. Northeast seems to be one of those teams that will never give up and also seems to thrive in the 4th quarter so watch out if the game is close going into the 4th - NE pretty much dominated Bearden in the 4th quarter.

Again, a Northeast fan would be able to give you much more information about the Eagles. I just listened to one game and I think both teams played pretty sloppy. Based upon that very limited knowledge I would not pick either of them to win the next round against RE but I know nothing of RE either except the respect they have garnered on the Coach T forums.

Easy for him to put on a show with the lack of defense by Red Bank. White Station shot 56% from the field and they were only 2-9 from 3-point land, almost all taken in the first half.

I would love to see a stat on lay-ups, I bet half of the 80 points WS scored were on lay-ups. It was amazing to see the lack of defensive effort. When WS decided to go inside late in the first half the game was over.

Congratulations to White Station all wins are big this time of the year. But if you get to confident because of this win it will be your last this year. They better show-up for the next game.

Some of these posts make me wonder where you people come from. White Station is THE powerhouse in Tennessee, hands down. They've won half the championships played this decade. They came in confident and handled business. They won't get "too" confident. That's just stupid. They know what it takes to get the job done. They're always at the top and they play the toughest schedule in the State year-in-year-out. They won't be "too" confident, but they will indeed be confident enough, and they'll bring their A-game.

Now, Raleigh-Egypt. They've been to Murfreesboro almost every single year this decade(some in Class AA), but they have no gold balls to show for it. I think Coach Adams has some type of curse on him. But I really believe this is the year they'll break the jinx.

Come on man REALLY?? You HONESTLY think RE will beat Walker Valley? Was you at any of the games today? The radio does no justice....Walker Valley wasn't even at the top of their game (Ware was off) and still proved a point so I KNOW they will be ready tomorrow!! I stayed for the RE and Beech game and I was NOT impressed! We shall see /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yes I believe Re will defeat Walker very easily. Science Hill was terrible today and they stayed in the game. Ware was off but RE's leading scorer (Gentry) didnt score a lot either. Beech slowed the game down and played a very good 1-3-1 zone that RE probably hasn't seen all year. From what I saw Walker was playing up and down and that's the way RE plays best

Yes I believe Re will defeat Walker very easily. Science Hill was terrible today and they stayed in the game. Ware was off but RE's leading scorer (Gentry) didnt score a lot either. Beech slowed the game down and played a very good 1-3-1 zone that RE probably hasn't seen all year. From what I saw Walker was playing up and down and that's the way RE plays best

Well it will DEFF. be a great game that I can't wait to see!! And you're right we (WV) do like to run and gun that's just how we play our best game, so it should be a show down. BUT...If Ware is on and Sharp plays like he did today I just don't see RE comin away with a victory, we just have too many weapons....just my oppinion!:) (I am a lil bias cause David Ware is my son /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

Well it will DEFF. be a great game that I can't wait to see!! And you're right we (WV) do like to run and gun that's just how we play our best game, so it should be a show down. BUT...If Ware is on and Sharp plays like he did today I just don't see RE comin away with a victory, we just have too many weapons....just my oppinion!:) (I am a lil bias cause David Ware is my son /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

HAHA I got you. I love the fact that they run and gun, but they're a solid team. Should be a barn burner then because believe me, that's all RE wants to do. Gentry and Jones will have a field day with a couple of highlights. Good luck