White Station/Raleigh Egypt

terop

Allright, Terop

What about RE vs White Station--what are your thoughts?

I think that your're a Raleigh Egypt fan-- aren't you?

If so, I know who you're pulling for....

-------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I honestly do not care which of our 2 Mphs teams win it. I'm just elated that Mphs is guaranteed the AAA State Title, for the 2nd-strait year!

Now, on a sentimental level, I would love to see Raleigh Egypt and Coach Adams FINALLY win the title! I mean, they have been such a consistent, dominant program for many years. Yet, they have no Titles to show for it. Their 1st State Title would be awfully, awfully special for the Raleigh Community and all its diehard fans!

Objectively speaking, I think RE will defeat White Station again. It will be much closer, though.

------------------------------------------------------------

1) Both teams have improved since early in the year, when RE defeated WS, especially W.S.

2) RE's balance will be too much for White Station.

3) Joe Jackson MIGHT go for 25 pts, but it will not be enough.

4) W.S needs 2 other guys to hit double-digit scoring, in order to have a realistic shot at defeating RE.

5) It will not happen!

Prediction.......... Raleight Egypt by 3 to 5 points over White Station

Haha Trader I am not of either team actually. I just support all Memphis teams as well as teams from Jackson. I really don't care which one wins sort of like you. As long as the gold ball come back West I'm happy. I'm just an employee with both SCS and MCS that just loves basketball. As far as the AAA games Joe will have to get 30+ or like you said two more players either Hollins or Hall will have to get 16+ apiece. In my opinion RE is very focused right now and they truly know what they need to do. With that said WS lost in the championship last year and I think Joe will come out firing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about RE and White Station. RE didn't impress anyone from Middle TN left in the fight! Clarksville NE pounded Beech by 12 or better this year and RE barely beat them by playing the stall game to get Beech out of that 1-3-1. Which lets me know RE wasnt getting up and down the court that fast or they would have gotten back before Beech could set up that barbaric defense. White Station is a good team with two good scorers...Hall and Jackson and they have lost 6 games this year so that lets anybody with common sense know they can be beaten. Now let's talk about that quiet team out of Clarksville. They pounded the Beast from the East in the 4th quarter and their season leading scorer only had 5 points. Clarksville NE bench is deep with up and coming talent that thrive on coming off the bench. The starting 5 for NE are all scorers and none of them are selfish. They play very well together and fight till the end. I wouldn't count those Eagles out just yet being that White Station is very dependent on two players for scoring. Hall is gonna have his work cut out for him with two 6'9" and 6'7" inside players that don't give up easy baskets. I hope Hall is a great freethrow shooter or he is in for a long night. Those two starting bigs for NE is not all they have. They have two more juniors coming off the bench at 6"5" respectively that come in a cause havoc. Don't plan that big matchup in the finals without including Clarksville NE just yet! If my memory serves me correctly, NE leading scorer hasn't had to back to back bad nights this year, so whomever guarding him better lace those sneakers up tight and bring his A+ game tonight! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

White Station has lost to teams in other states Duh? That's the problem here, east and middle Tn have overrated schedules, the teams you play are very weak, do you know what would happen if a Memphis team played in your region, I think you know e.g. Raleigh Egypt versus White Station for AAA championship tomorrow. Your records are not indicative to your play...Memphis teams battle every night.

Nebuntyn I'm like you on that one. I truly believe after watching some of these teams Liberty, Melrose, Southwind, and Memphis Central would be in the championship if WS or RE wasnt here.

Melrose, for sure!!!!

----------------------------------------------

Early News Flash:

........................ Melrose Golden Wildcats --- 2009-2010 Basketball Season ................

1) Melrose will be the #1 team in Memphis

2) heavy favorite to win the AAA State Championship!!!!

3) Melrose will flirt with an undefeated season (yes-- you read that right)!!!

4) They will be flat-out LOADED (again) only with more experience!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Trust me ----This is not a bunch of hype. This is no exaggeration.

Haha Trader I am not of either team actually. I just support all Memphis teams as well as teams from Jackson. I really don't care which one wins sort of like you. As long as the gold ball come back West I'm happy. I'm just an employee with both SCS and MCS that just loves basketball. As far as the AAA games Joe will have to get 30+ or like you said two more players either Hollins or Hall will have to get 16+ apiece. In my opinion RE is very focused right now and they truly know what they need to do. With that said WS lost in the championship last year and I think Joe will come out firing

Oops......my bad, Terop! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

-----------------------------------------------------

I certaintly share your allegiance....Man, I hated to see Bolivar go down! I was definitely hoping for an all-West Championship day.

Oh well, at least Mphs has a very realistic shot at sweeping all 3 Championships!

I saw Joe Jackson play for the very first time thursday and words cannot explain this kid's game. I simply couldn't believe my eyes. Good luck to white station as they will be outmatched as far as quality players because they seem to only have 2 key guys while RE has at least 5. I would still love to see Joe the show and company win this 1.

Oops......my bad, Terop! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

-----------------------------------------------------

I certaintly share your allegiance....Man, I hated to see Bolivar go down! I was definitely hoping for an all-West Championship day.

Oh well, at least Mphs has a very realistic shot at sweeping all 3 Championships!

YEa no problem. I was pulling for Bolivar big time. I even sat with a few relatives from Bolivar and they were devastated. Bolivar missed a few free throws and two open lay-ups down the stretch that would have put the game away. However they had no answer for Steele in the second half shooting over the smaller Bolivar guards. Anyway I got RE in a double digit win or White Station in a close game. If it's close Joe will not let them lose

Melrose, for sure!!!!

----------------------------------------------

Early News Flash:

........................ Melrose Golden Wildcats --- 2009-2010 Basketball Season ................

1) Melrose will be the #1 team in Memphis

2) heavy favorite to win the AAA State Championship!!!!

3) Melrose will flirt with an undefeated season (yes-- you read that right)!!!

4) They will be flat-out LOADED (again) only with more experience!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Trust me ----This is not a bunch of hype. This is no exaggeration.

Hopefully with more experience they figure out how to win a close game after holding double digit leads. RE loses a lot, Southwind returns everyone, but my pick would be White Station again. They return 4 starters

Hopefully with more experience they figure out how to win a close game after holding double digit leads. RE loses a lot, Southwind returns everyone, but my pick would be White Station again. They return 4 starters

Besides Joe Jackson, who are the other 3 returning starters?

Southwind's lack of a Post game will hurt them, in the long run. They are a small, perimeter-oriented team. I just don't think that that's a winning combination, in Class AAA.