IS LEXINGTON AND CHESTER COUNTY THAT STRONG THIS YEAR..

Ronaldihno

I've played with about 8 of the players from chester county recently and they weren't very good at all. They played very much like a rec team and had poor ball control. They didn't even have any athletes to speak of. That being said, their record this year is looking pretty strong. They tied David Lipscomb (DL tied white house heritage by the way) and have some other impressive games to speak of. I would have to assume that I didn't play with the starters of chester county and if I did there are only two things possible

1.) these guys have worked harder than anyone and are reaping the benefits (and these guys do try hard)

or.....

2.) they're getting quite lucky

Time will tell I suppose. I'd personally like to see their starting line up play for myself but I haven't gotten the chance yet.

Good luck to Chester County as the season progresses

I've played with about 8 of the players from chester county recently and they weren't very good at all. They played very much like a rec team and had poor ball control. They didn't even have any athletes to speak of. That being said, their record this year is looking pretty strong. They tied David Lipscomb (DL tied white house heritage by the way) and have some other impressive games to speak of. I would have to assume that I didn't play with the starters of chester county and if I did there are only two things possible

1.) these guys have worked harder than anyone and are reaping the benefits (and these guys do try hard)

or.....

2.) they're getting quite lucky

Time will tell I suppose. I'd personally like to see their starting line up play for myself but I haven't gotten the chance yet.

Good luck to Chester County as the season progresses

Well yeah they are doing really good this year... I guess is just luck but you know in soccer you can never predict what the score is going to be...But yea Good luck Chester County... What about LEXINGTON??????

Well yeah they are doing really good this year... I guess is just luck but you know in soccer you can never predict what the score is going to be...But yea Good luck Chester County... What about LEXINGTON??????

both teams definately have some talent this year...chester co has a strong team and Lexington is definately fired up, Lex has a fast forward that runs down the left side and a very strong center mid who is an exchange student from Brazil. He holds the ball close to the body with great skill and is not afraid to body up. hope this helps...good luck to chester and Lexington they do have alot of talent and are making a name for their programs and are encouragement that the level of play in the West is improving good luck to you also Ronaldihno and Haywood!

both teams definately have some talent this year...chester co has a strong team and Lexington is definately fired up, Lex has a fast forward that runs down the left side and a very strong center mid who is an exchange student from Brazil. He holds the ball close to the body with great skill and is not afraid to body up. a lex player told a d-burg player (that he had played travel with) that his coach had told him to take out our odp forward and take him out for the rest of the season. that is disturbing and hopefully this post might encourage him to find other ways to coach his team to play as I know that other coaches around the area do not coach that way nobody wants players hurt on purpose. hope this helps...good luck to chester and Lexington they do have alot of talent and are making a name for their programs and are encouragement that the level of play in the West is improving good luck to you also Ronaldihno and Haywood!

Well David Grueser is a really good player and is really fast... He has great ball control.... I dont think that a high school coach or any other coach should tell their player to take out somebody for the rest of the season just because they are good... You should always play clean... or fairplay... Well good luck to both teams... and Dyerburg too...

I have watched LHS play 4 times this year. This is what I observe:

sorry guys I don't know your names

99- Forward. He plays his positon very well. He is a great shooter and very patient. He will sit back out of the other teams radar get the drop and score before you know it. He not much of a runner, but he doesnt need to, the team sets him up for the goal.

8- MF (?) This is the captain. He knows the game and sets the players up for every play. He is a good passer and throws the ball VERY well. He doesn't rush to goal, but he is dangerous when it comes to setting up for a goal. I would suggest every team prepare their team for his vocal defence. He gets the other team frustrated and mistakes happen. Only down fall, he tends to get over aggresive, which could case 'card trouble' for LHS.

11,14,21- Watch out! These guys are great positonal players and know their role in the game. They will set up and sneak in and score (esp. 21). 11 does great set up passes and 14 is smart and knows what to do with the ball.

5 and Def- 5 is a box to box player. Not sure what postion he is suppose to play, but he is everywhere. Very strong and athletic. He can steal and pass the ball off quickly. LHS's def is strong if the ball ever gets passed midfield.

Other: They have good subs that give the starters a break.

This was probably more info than you wanted, but I watched these guys play at the FHU tourney. They are a smart group and figure out the other teams weakness quick. If you went to the FHU cup, you would know the field conditons were horrible (due to weather). They figured out how to move the ball thorugh the water and mud.

I would say their weaknesses are far and few. Don't get me wrong, there are some, but I don't want to call out the kids in a negative way. That happens too much on these boards.

I watched them beat several teams, including my own. I am impressed and I would reccomend no one take them lightly.

ATTENTION ALL READING THIS POST!!!

I am the coach at Lexington High School. I have never ever told one of my players to TAKE SOMEONE OUT EVER! Never have, never will. I would really like to talk to the young man that said that. I have already talked to my player that the supposed conversation took place with. This stuns me that someone would say something like this.

Coach Mike

ATTENTION ALL READING THIS POST!!!

I am the coach at Lexington High School. I have never ever told one of my players to TAKE SOMEONE OUT EVER! Never have, never will. I would really like to talk to the young man that said that. I have already talked to my player that the supposed conversation took place with. This stuns me that someone would say something like this.

Coach Mike

Coach Mike:

I appreciate your willingness to discuss this matter as it was very disturbing to all our parents who heard about it . So, this is definately something that should be addressed... this supposed conversation was a text from your player to ours the night before the finals; therefore unfortunately, it is more than just here-say. I am sorry if your player misquoted you. perhaps you might want to revisit with him about what happened; my email address is gregs92663@aol.com Thank you again for your willingness to discuss this.

Joe,

Thanks for taking this off thread. While these are serious allegations, I don't think a public forum is the place to discuss it.

Feel free to start another thread, to talk about Lexington and Chester County teams, we're gonna lock this one before it goes anywhere downhill.

Again, thanks, Joe.