Wendy`s Elite ?

Hello!

I'm Greg Ledbetter, program director for Wendy's Elite Girls basketball. Wendy's Elite is not a registered AAU team. We are a local organization that keeps girls from Lenoir City and play in local tournaments. It allow girls who wouldn't get the opportunity to play for an elite AAU team to be apart of the spring ball.

I spoke to Joe Lee, Lenoir City HS coach, about your daughter and he would like to speak with you. If you like, you can give me your number or I'll give you his. 865-742-5125

Thanks,

Greg Ledbetter

Program Director

Wendy's Elite Girls Basketball

865-591-4802

www.eteamz.com/wendyselitebasketball

Just trying to get turned into TSSAA? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a pretty bold statement...Now I haven't seen your chld play, but I am looking forward to it. Can't wait till state next weekend. Cause I am sure she can be stopped.

Also what tournaments are they going to to draw this kind of attention? Because their lots of great AAU teams in Tennessee that doesn't draw that kind of attention, example: Team Pride, Lady Trotters, Memphis Elite, just to name a few traditional power house TN AAU team.

If they were second at the TNT, then she must be a player for the Ft. Loudon Lady Braves.

TS, I know about your program without reading your website. I applaude your efforts and donating your time to help kids. BUT, I give more credit to the programs that have younger teams and develop those kids into college players and not just wait until they are developed and already being looked at. I'm talking about taking a team that's 11 or 12, taking your lumps, building the team and then seeing those girls through HS and then seeing that girl sign to play. I don't know specifics about your teams because a lot of programs don't even list their rosters but you know as well as I do that many times "Former Players Who Signed Scholarships" are players that maybe played on the team one season or even part time. There are players who could be listed on 5 or 6 different websites. Players jump around all the time. I see that you and the Attack are working together and have teams all the way down to 10 I think- That is the way it should be- at least in my opinion! I guess my biggest gripe is that the perception is out there- and we know where it comes from- that your kid won't get the Exposure unless they play for this big name team or that big name team. You get the most exposure from playing on one of the top 10 or 20 teams in the nation (like the top Flight team who has an incredible lineup from several states and coast to coast) and if you can get on that team you would be crazy not to. But after that, you just need to find the right fit, do your homework, make sure the team goes to the proper events, and next thing you know you'll be playing against that organization that is telling parents that they can get the best exposure playing for them, in front of the same college coaches and scouting services! If you can play and you are in the right events you get the Exposure whether the word "Flight" or "Elite" is in your team name.

Just an FYI-The 2008 Flight Select 16U group was started in 2001 when a core of the group was 9 years old. They played under the TN Stars name until the 2007 season. That team was built and upgraded on a year to year basis from the ground up, and took many "lumps" on the way.

Perception is what people want it to be, and many speak without knowing the facts. At the end of the day, we're still going to try and put our kids in the best situation to have success with basketball ....and life!

That's great! It's nice to see that your organization appears to be a lot like KGC which starts the kids at an early age and works with them throughout their career. Just curious though, if that group you started with is just now graduating then where did balance of those 15 scholarship players the last 2 years come from? Not really looking for an answer, I already know. Other teams and other organizations.