Unicoi and Grainger

sadienclaysmom

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dk anything about Grainger but i kno unicoi has been having been playing crazy good ball lately!!!! they beat 4 nationally ranked teams in Summerville,SC Tourney before loosing a nail biter Championship game to a top 10 nationally ranked team 2-1. Kara Woods is AMAZING!!! the defense plays great behind her and there bats need to improve some but its hard to even score on Kara!!

Good Luck Lady Devils on your way to State!!

i dk anything about Grainger but i kno unicoi has been having been playing crazy good ball lately!!!! they beat 4 nationally ranked teams in Summerville,SC Tourney before loosing a nail biter Championship game to a top 10 nationally ranked team 2-1. Kara Woods is AMAZING!!! the defense plays great behind her and there bats need to improve some but its hard to even score on Kara!!

Slow down there Sparky, Unicoi does have a nice team, but they did not beat "4 nationally ranked teams" and lose to a "top 10 nationally ranked team". Actually that "top 10" team they lost to 2-1 was beaten 10-3 by Beech two weeks ago. Unicoi has a good team, no doubt, but let's not get ridiculous. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Slow down there Sparky, Unicoi does have a nice team, but they did not beat "4 nationally ranked teams" and lose to a "top 10 nationally ranked team". Actually that "top 10" team they lost to 2-1 was beaten 10-3 by Beech two weeks ago. Unicoi has a good team, no doubt, but let's not get ridiculous. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You're right stlbird, he may have been a little enthusiastic about some of the specifcs, however, Unicoi did compete in the Gold championship game of the Azalea Invitational in Charleston, SC that saw the following ranked teams participate in and suffer their first losses of the season.

Fact is Unicoi has something really special brewing up there in their corner of NE Tennessee, and I certainly understand why this fan feels inclined to draw some attention to it.

NFCA National Rankings 04/09/09:

1 Sheldon (California) 12-0 0 1

2 Klein Oak (Texas) 20-0 0 3

3 Naples (Florida) 19-1 0 4

4 Norco (California) 11-2 0 5

5 Alexander Central (North Carolina) 10-0 0 8

6 Freedom (California) 10-2 0 11

7 Arch Bishop Mitty (California) 10-0 0 15

8 Red Bank Catholic (New Jersey) 1-0 0 12

9 Elkins (Texas) 24-4 0 13

10 Canyon Del Oro (Arizona) 20-2 0 2

11 Pembroke Pines (Florida) 22-1 0 NR

12 Battlefield (Virginia) 7-0 0 14

13 Lockport (Illinois) 7-0 0 17

14 Stratford (South Carolina) 17-0 0 19

15 Niceville (Florida) 18-1 0 6

16 Beech (Tennessee) 12-0 0 23

17 Ballard (Kentucky) 9-0 0 24

18 Barrington (Illinois) 9-0 0 NR

19 Mount Carmel (Louisiana) 26-3 0 18

20 Galesburg-Augusta (Michigan) 1-0 0 20

21 Butler (North Carolina) 8-1 0 21

22 Grants Pass (Oregon) 5-1 0 22

23 Masuk (Connecticut) 0-0 0 25

24 Red Mountain (Arizona) 18-3 0 7

25 Broad Run (Virginia) 5-1 0 9

Others receiving votes:

Bishop O'Connell (Virginia); Christian County (Kentucky); Cibola (New Mexico); Clements (Texas); Elyria (Ohio); Etwanda (California); Fletcher (Florida); Hueytown (Alabama); Lake Hamilton (Arkansas); Marist (Oregon); Mauldin (South Carolina); North Davidson (North Carolina); Ooltewah (Tennessee); St. Amant (Louisiana); Timber Creek (Florida); Tom Rivers East (New Jersey)

You're right stlbird, he may have been a little enthusiastic about some of the specifcs, however, Unicoi did compete in the Gold championship game of the Azalea Invitational in Charleston, SC that saw the following ranked teams participate in and suffer their first losses of the season.

Fact is Unicoi has something really special brewing up there in their corner of NE Tennessee, and I certainly understand why this fan feels inclined to draw some attention to it.

NFCA National Rankings 04/09/09:

1 Sheldon (California) 12-0 0 1

2 Klein Oak (Texas) 20-0 0 3

3 Naples (Florida) 19-1 0 4

4 Norco (California) 11-2 0 5

5 Alexander Central (North Carolina) 10-0 0 8

6 Freedom (California) 10-2 0 11

7 Arch Bishop Mitty (California) 10-0 0 15

8 Red Bank Catholic (New Jersey) 1-0 0 12

9 Elkins (Texas) 24-4 0 13

10 Canyon Del Oro (Arizona) 20-2 0 2

11 Pembroke Pines (Florida) 22-1 0 NR

12 Battlefield (Virginia) 7-0 0 14

13 Lockport (Illinois) 7-0 0 17

14 Stratford (South Carolina) 17-0 0 19

15 Niceville (Florida) 18-1 0 6

16 Beech (Tennessee) 12-0 0 23

17 Ballard (Kentucky) 9-0 0 24

18 Barrington (Illinois) 9-0 0 NR

19 Mount Carmel (Louisiana) 26-3 0 18

20 Galesburg-Augusta (Michigan) 1-0 0 20

21 Butler (North Carolina) 8-1 0 21

22 Grants Pass (Oregon) 5-1 0 22

23 Masuk (Connecticut) 0-0 0 25

24 Red Mountain (Arizona) 18-3 0 7

25 Broad Run (Virginia) 5-1 0 9

Others receiving votes:

Bishop O'Connell (Virginia); Christian County (Kentucky); Cibola (New Mexico); Clements (Texas); Elyria (Ohio); Etwanda (California); Fletcher (Florida); Hueytown (Alabama); Lake Hamilton (Arkansas); Marist (Oregon); Mauldin (South Carolina); North Davidson (North Carolina); Ooltewah (Tennessee); St. Amant (Louisiana); Timber Creek (Florida); Tom Rivers East (New Jersey)

I understand totally..................good luck to them.......but, stick to the facts.

We are playing in the Morristown West Tourney in two weeks. We drew Unicoi County and Grainger County. I certainly would appreciate any info good or bad. I know that Unicoi is a powerhouse, but I still would appreciate anything.

Unicoi will be tough regardless of who they play at this time, there running like a well oiled machine, bats Lil shaky, but all else is good. Grainger, looking at there schedule here on Coacht, looks like there struggling a bit, but will still be competitive. Last year Unicoi beat them in the region If my mind does not fail me 1-0, must have lost a few seniors? Ether way any team any day can be beat, thats just the way the game goes. Best of Luck to all!

Unicoi will be tough regardless of who they play at this time, there running like a well oiled machine, bats Lil shaky, but all else is good. Grainger, looking at there schedule here on Coacht, looks like there struggling a bit, but will still be competitive. Last year Unicoi beat them in the region If my mind does not fail me 1-0, must have lost a few seniors? Ether way any team any day can be beat, thats just the way the game goes. Best of Luck to all!

I think Grainger lost two starters from last years team. They probably were two of the most valuable players though. I think one was their senior (1B) and the other was 09' senior this year (CF) leadoff hitter, who graduated early at Christmas. They will have better than average pitching as they return Mudd who has signed with LMU. She was the pitcher in last years 1-0 Unicoi region game. Hitting and defense have been slow to come around this season, but they did beat Farragut 4-3 in the Gibbs tournament. Most of their early schedule has been against 3A competition in hopes of getting ready for their 2A district. They will be competitive like always.

What team are you representing?

I am a parent of a Allen County-Scottsville player I will be the first to tell you unicoi is very good they are a very good defensive team and have some very good pitching. they are solid from top to bottom as for us we did beat a couple ranked teams in south carolina but we are no where close to a top 10 nationally ranked team we are ranked 6th in ky. we do not class like tenn. everyone is together and we are young we are soph. dominated with only 1 starting sr. our pitchers are freshmen . we would like to be at that national level soon we are working hard o get ther but not yet. unicoi you have a good team keep going strong

and as for the beech game that was our second game of the season we were up in the 3rd 2-0 and one of our younger pitchers gave up a couple big hr's but dont be fooled beech is very good i'm making no excuses they are good.

I am a parent of a Allen County-Scottsville player I will be the first to tell you unicoi is very good they are a very good defensive team and have some very good pitching. they are solid from top to bottom as for us we did beat a couple ranked teams in south carolina but we are no where close to a top 10 nationally ranked team we are ranked 6th in ky. we do not class like tenn. everyone is together and we are young we are soph. dominated with only 1 starting sr. our pitchers are freshmen . we would like to be at that national level soon we are working hard o get ther but not yet. unicoi you have a good team keep going strong

and as for the beech game that was our second game of the season we were up in the 3rd 2-0 and one of our younger pitchers gave up a couple big hr's but dont be fooled beech is very good i'm making no excuses they are good.

yea i didnt get to go down there but im sure Scottsville is a very good team and Unicoi only has 4 seniors and our pitcher is a Soph. too

I complimented your Ladies on the way out of the park, very competitive for a young team. Real class also keep up the good work! Win or lose, this is how you get better! Look forward to seeing you folks again some day, Best of Luck in the remaining season. Pitchers Dad. Oh, Thanks for the good comments about our Team, they work hard.