Catchers

catchman

That's what I'm talking about: teaching it and gradually giving the responsibility over to the catcher. IF a catcher has a good working relationship with the pitcher, understands her role and has a good grasp of pitch calling strategies then she should be calling pitches. IMO some coaches have either taken this over as a "control thing" or coaches at lower levels (or travel ball) have not allowed the catchers to develop this skill.

Thanks for the reply!

In most college , the coach calls the pitches, I do think it is a great thing for a catcher to learn how to call pitches when they are younger, Then they will know why and understand why certian pitches are called if they move on to college. Learning how to call pitches takes a lot of work on how to read a batter or the sisuation and where the runners are,

Study hard ladies, it will help you later on. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who has seen Rena Cothron from Beech High School knows she is an incredile catcher with a one of the fastest pops back to the pitcher. Her and Kat Banks make a great team. She has a hot bat this year as well.

I rode my bike from the hill and watched the Wilson Central girls take on a Beech team with a great reputation. I agree that the catcher for Beech is excellent and is a college prospect. Is she a senior and is she looking at going anywhere? And, I heard she played sick or something. AS WELL, the catcher for Wilson Central is a good addition to this discussion. Not only is the Wilson girl a good catcher, she may have been the only girl to get a base hit all day on her first at bat. And, is she a senior and is she being looked at by anyone?

I rode my bike from the hill and watched the Wilson Central girls take on a Beech team with a great reputation. I agree that the catcher for Beech is excellent and is a college prospect. Is she a senior and is she looking at going anywhere? And, I heard she played sick or something. AS WELL, the catcher for Wilson Central is a good addition to this discussion. Not only is the Wilson girl a good catcher, she may have been the only girl to get a base hit all day on her first at bat. And, is she a senior and is she being looked at by anyone?

The girl from WC is Savannah Bell, a senior going to Lee Univ...great stick, quick as a cat, will be CF for Lee Univ., and yes, it was the only hit all day for WC, and a great game, they will meet again in 2 weeks @WC....and yes Beech catcher was good but really impressed with Kat the pitcher....and Leviee G pitching for WC going ot UT Martin.

Savanna Bell is the catcher for Wilson Central and she is signed with Lee University. Historically an outfielder, she was put behind the plate her junior year. She plays CF for her summer team. Additionally, she's a very neat kid and no she's not mine.

Thanks for the name of the WC catcher. Do you know about the Beech catcher where she is going?

The girl from WC is Savannah Bell, a senior going to Lee Univ...great stick, quick as a cat, will be CF for Lee Univ., and yes, it was the only hit all day for WC, and a great game, they will meet again in 2 weeks @WC....and yes Beech catcher was good but really impressed with Kat the pitcher....and Leviee G pitching for WC going ot UT Martin.

Thanks for the catchers name. And did not know that the WC pitcher was going to UT Martin. She reaallllly has that ball a spinnin don't she? And, the Beech pitcher rares back and yells "HER SHE COMES". Kinda scarry if I say so myself and was glad the fence was between me and dem pitches.

Nuf said. This is a catcher thread but wanted to put my only two cents in. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />