JPII-Father Ryan

Football101101

St ... I am not referring to players shouting at the other team ... yes, that's bad but a coach can always say it got mixed up with cheering inside the dugout or something -- but I personally hold coaches and parents to a different standard -- I noticed you referenced stuff from the coaching staff at the JPII - Ryan game ... was it just arguing calls or something? Also, the coach at JPII apparently has the same last name as the football coach -- any relation?

It took guts to be shouting smack from the dugout at an away game .. so I guess two extra inning losses were pretty hard to take.

I don't think I would define this as "guts"... They had a total lack of respect for the coaches, umpires, their teammates, and the SBA players. This is very embarrassing for a Catholic school....any school for that matter.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would define this as "guts"... They had a total lack of respect for the coaches, umpires, their teammates, and the SBA players. This is very embarrassing for a Catholic school....any school for that matter.

I just didn't want to attach something to kids that can be misconstrued since I wasn't there -- not stating an opinion one way or another. If a grown-up acted one way or another in public, there is clear identification and I was just trying to understand the nature of it .. whether it be a judgement as in arguing a call or whether it be behavior-based as in not shaking hands or something.

I was using the term "guts" loosely ... only saying that it took gumption to do that if it happened on an away field and then that losing two extra inning games must have made it hard to swallow.

How does "gumption" work? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

St ... I am not referring to players shouting at the other team ... yes, that's bad but a coach can always say it got mixed up with cheering inside the dugout or something -- but I personally hold coaches and parents to a different standard -- I noticed you referenced stuff from the coaching staff at the JPII - Ryan game ... was it just arguing calls or something? Also, the coach at JPII apparently has the same last name as the football coach -- any relation?

It took guts to be shouting smack from the dugout at an away game .. so I guess two extra inning losses were pretty hard to take.

Same last name, same fella.

excuse me, st, just letting you know that brothers the football coach and brothers the softball coach, are not the same. they are in fact, brothers. and before you talk smack about st. benedict beating jp2, i would just like to point out that at least jp2 didn't get RUN RULED by st. benedict. they actually came very close to winning BOTH times they played them. so there's that.

also, you are taking this whole sportsmanship thing completely out of proportion.

1. jp2 didn't hang their team's banner on someone else's homefield did they? nope.

2. you have nothing to say, because father ryan has just as bad of an attitude as every other team.

excuse me, st, just letting you know that brothers the football coach and brothers the softball coach, are not the same. they are in fact, brothers. and before you talk smack about st. benedict beating jp2, i would just like to point out that at least jp2 didn't get RUN RULED by st. benedict. they actually came very close to winning BOTH times they played them. so there's that.

also, you are taking this whole sportsmanship thing completely out of proportion.

1. jp2 didn't hang their team's banner on someone else's homefield did they? nope.

2. you have nothing to say, because father ryan has just as bad of an attitude as every other team.

Thank you coachgirl. JP2 does not need to get beaten up like that from st. I completely agree with you about FRA. They are a great team. All teams have their problems. They have girls that can be moody going through drama everyday.

Same last name, same fella.

Who are you st bulldog? Cuz you r not not acting like a st. Who are you to judge JP2 softball players?! You weren't even at the game and your source could be wrong. Whoever told you could be upset because SBA almost lost to JP2 who from the beginning were already misjudged! But they showed everybody that they could make a name for themselves. In each game they had SBA scared! JP2 is a fine team! So is SBA. Just cool it about whatever crap you heard about them. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Who are you st bulldog? Cuz you r not not acting like a st. Who are you to judge JP2 softball players?! You weren't even at the game and your source could be wrong. Whoever told you could be upset because SBA almost lost to JP2 who from the beginning were already misjudged! But they showed everybody that they could make a name for themselves. In each game they had SBA scared! JP2 is a fine team! So is SBA. Just cool it about whatever crap you heard about them. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

There is nothing in my previous posts with any statement about JPII players. Learn to read, there is a statement about the embarrassing way in which the unpaid assistent coach acted throughout the tournament, not just against Father Ryan. Word is from Memphis, St Benedict has never experienced a more rude team than good ole Headmaster Academy. Now go lick your wounds and hope for better days. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The poster who stated that JPII acted rude and crude was from someone who experienced it first hand. There is no defense here, you need to adjust your teams atitude. You don't have to act like jerks to be competitive as this past season proves. It didn't work. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As to run ruled, that took place in the state tournament, so you must have been sitting in the stands watching, since your team did not make it. It is rather mysterious that someone would mention playing at another field when Ryan's field is currently under construction. Where would you have us play, in the street. That would fit in with the atitude of some of the Headmaster Academy's coaches by how they acted. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As to run ruled, that took place in the state tournament, so you must have been sitting in the stands watching, since your team did not make it. It is rather mysterious that someone would mention playing at another field when Ryan's field is currently under construction. Where would you have us play, in the street. That would fit in with the atitude of some of the Headmaster Academy's coaches by how they acted. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Quit your barkin STbulldog. Take care of your own teams attitude and error rate. DIIAA teams all have their fair share of good and bad attitudes. See ya on the next sport court! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Quit your barkin STbulldog. Take care of your own teams attitude and error rate. DIIAA teams all have their fair share of good and bad attitudes. See ya on the next sport court! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am simply stating a fact. Its amazing how people want to water down the truth or try and throw everyone in the pile. A reflection of society I guess. But I post when I feel like it. I find it better to have paid professionals coaching whenever possible and then this sort of stupid behavior won't occur as much. Football is around the corner, so Headmaster fans, lets gear up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am simply stating a fact. Its amazing how people want to water down the truth or try and throw everyone in the pile. A reflection of society I guess. But I post when I feel like it. I find it better to have paid professionals coaching whenever possible and then this sort of stupid behavior won't occur as much. Football is around the corner, so Headmaster fans, lets gear up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

here's a fact for ya: Ryan got outscored 23-2 in the State tournament /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />