Dyersburg @ Dyer Co

dcsoftball

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PO could have picked any other night he wanted to play. He chose Senior Night. Think he was a little overconfident about things

Are you serious? He did chose another night, but D'burg didn't want it. We already had a non-district game scheduled for last night and it was Senior night......... We played 4 district games last week so there was no way we were doing it then. Last home game is Senior night. No biggie, just thought it funny you had to mention, but it's cool. Usually teams don't play well on nights like homecoming or senior nights......focus not really where it should be.

Are you serious? He did chose another night, but D'burg didn't want it. We already had a non-district game scheduled for last night and it was Senior night......... We played 4 district games last week so there was no way we were doing it then. Last home game is Senior night. No biggie, just thought it funny you had to mention, but it's cool. Usually teams don't play well on nights like homecoming or senior nights......focus not really where it should be.

I'm sick of hearing what Dyersburg wouldn't do. There were some options that Dyer County wouldn't do. Last night was the fairest date for both schools to play the game. We've played the same number of district games in the past 7 days as you have. DC could have changed senior night to the saturday game against Dickson County. So don't you dare use that as an excuse.

Frankly, the loss probably means very little to DC and had no impact on the final district standings and seedings. The win meant something to Dyersburg in that it was the best effort Dyersburg showed this season in terms of having some fire AND composure. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less to either team.

I'm sick of hearing what Dyersburg wouldn't do. There were some options that Dyer County wouldn't do. Last night was the fairest date for both schools to play the game. We've played the same number of district games in the past 7 days as you have. DC could have changed senior night to the saturday game against Dickson County. So don't you dare use that as an excuse.

Frankly, the loss probably means very little to DC and had no impact on the final district standings and seedings. The win meant something to Dyersburg in that it was the best effort Dyersburg showed this season in terms of having some fire AND composure. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less to either team.

I'm not making ANY excuses..........what are YOU talking about? Both teams had options.....you don't know why we did what we had to do as we don't know why you did what you had to do. Makes no difference whether it was Senior night or not, Dyersburg scored more runs than DC did last night. Congratulations to the TEAM! They did have a fire in them and rightfully so. Two great teams played giving the fans a great game. And you are right, no impact on district standings and I'll say it again.....regular season standings mean nothing to me. It's what happens during tournament play that matters!

I'm not making ANY excuses..........what are YOU talking about? Both teams had options.....you don't know why we did what we had to do as we don't know why you did what you had to do. Makes no difference whether it was Senior night or not, Dyersburg scored more runs than DC did last night. Congratulations to the TEAM! They did have a fire in them and rightfully so. Two great teams played giving the fans a great game. And you are right, no impact on district standings and I'll say it again.....regular season standings mean nothing to me. It's what happens during tournament play that matters!

See that purple fin sticking up out of the water . . . it's Milan (Jaws theme plays soft in background). They concern me. If they come to play . . .

i like the excuses. . . they should have been more focused with it being Dyersburg. and yal could have made dickson county yals senior night.

i like the excuses. . . they should have been more focused with it being Dyersburg. and yal could have made dickson county yals senior night.

NO excuses from me! I'll be the first to tell ya DC should have played better ball last night. I was merely making the observations that USUALLY teams do not play as well as normal on nights like homecoming or Senior night.....I think you know how that is....right?

NO excuses from me! I'll be the first to tell ya DC should have played better ball last night. I was merely making the observations that USUALLY teams do not play as well as normal on nights like homecoming or Senior night.....I think you know how that is....right?

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

DC should have called portageville or some weak team to play senior night--- but it sounds like thats not how they do things! They play good competition all the time

DC should have called portageville or some weak team to play senior night--- but it sounds like thats not how they do things! They play good competition all the time

No rent-a-teams played from what I have gathered /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />