11-AAA Post Season Thread

CalledStrike

My point exactly OHSBobcat1, I said Friday night not Thursday night. For some funny reason they decided to move the championship game back to a thurs. doubleheader. Looked ok to me friday night to play ball. Everybody else did. I checked every district in all three classifications and they all played their championship on Fri. one game, one night like it is supposed to be, I wonder why that is?It wasn't fair to Overton either, it cost them a #1 seed. But the ultimate goal was achieved, congratulations!It's easy to understand why everybody in the district dislikes Franklin, they've been like the Patriots of the NFL. They win so much everybody hates them. They have went to the state 3 out of the last 4 years and got put out in the sub-state the other. They have represented this district 8 out of the last 10 years. When you talk about District 11AAA, Franklin is the team people think of, not Overton, or Indy, or Brentwood. It's always been that way and it always will. I will miss Overton's baseball team when they leave the district, they have a good coach, but I won't miss the lack of class often displayed by the Overton faithful from the ticket seller, to the concession stand workers, to the fans, and the students.

I'm sorry but Overton owns Franklin. I wish somebody kept up with the streaks we've had on ya'll in the past 5 years. I know Overton beat Franklin 7 times in Franklins 2005 state run. (literally) And speaking of class I remember one game in 2004 after Franklin won at Overton and before Franklin pulled off they laid on the the horn on the bus for about 5 minutes on the bus while the Overton team was working on their field. Oh yeah and Overton run ruled them about three days after that too and then eliminated them in the district tournament. If it wasn't for the Joseph brothers Franklin would be just another Spring Hill

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season ended for Overton tonight as they lost 7-6 to Mt Juliet.

Overton scored in the top of the 1st but MJ went up 2-1. MJ had a couple of big innings while Overton went cold. Going into the 6th it was MJ up 7-1. Overton rallied in the 6th to score 5 runs. The inning featured a very, very bad call at 1st with an out call that was obviously a wrong call. At 7-6 in the 6th, the Bobcats had the bases loaded and 2 outs. Mookie Betts was at the plate, down 1-2 in the count. He hits what looked to be a grand slam, a very high shot, and the LF catches it with his back on the fence. Overton couldn't muster another in the 7th and lost 7-6.

I know we all complain about the umpires...but these guys take the cake. If they are the best we have then we are in a pitiful situation. Many obvious misses on the bases and the strike zone. But...MJ played a good game and Overton just fell short. It was a great season, they were just a hit short.

Good luck to MJ.

The season ended for Overton tonight as they lost 7-6 to Mt Juliet.

Overton scored in the top of the 1st but MJ went up 2-1. MJ had a couple of big innings while Overton went cold. Going into the 6th it was MJ up 7-1. Overton rallied in the 6th to score 5 runs. The inning featured a very, very bad call at 1st with an out call that was obviously a wrong call. At 7-6 in the 6th, the Bobcats had the bases loaded and 2 outs. Mookie Betts was at the plate, down 1-2 in the count. He hits what looked to be a grand slam, a very high shot, and the LF catches it with his back on the fence. Overton couldn't muster another in the 7th and lost 7-6.

I know we all complain about the umpires...but these guys take the cake. If they are the best we have then we are in a pitiful situation. Many obvious misses on the bases and the strike zone. But...MJ played a good game and Overton just fell short. It was a great season, they were just a hit short.

Good luck to MJ.

Indy won 3 - 0...where was the umpire crew from

The Tullahoma crew was at which game the MJ or Indy game?

I don't know, but the HP was bad. On one check swing / third strike, he calls the batter out on his own call immediately. After some objection, he then checks the 1b umpire. The 1b was even worse...I don't have any sufficient adjectives for him at all. They didn't cost Overton the game and I'm not blaming it on that...but, holy cow, were they bad. If not bad, then entirely in over their heads.

I'm sorry but Overton owns Franklin. I wish somebody kept up with the streaks we've had on ya'll in the past 5 years. I know Overton beat Franklin 7 times in Franklins 2005 state run. (literally) And speaking of class I remember one game in 2004 after Franklin won at Overton and before Franklin pulled off they laid on the the horn on the bus for about 5 minutes on the bus while the Overton team was working on their field. Oh yeah and Overton run ruled them about three days after that too and then eliminated them in the district tournament. If it wasn't for the Joseph brothers Franklin would be just another Spring Hill

If it wasn't for Richie Goodnow ya'll would've been another Hillwood. I believe along with the Joseph brothers Franklin had players like Derrick Turnbow(pros), Steve Liddell(vandy), Casey Dykes(western ky), Drew Mason(ut martin), Martin Drude(david lipscomp), just to name a few off the top of my head. Overton dominated Franklin 1 year and Franklin still went to the state that year making further than Overton did. Franklin has made it to the sub state the last 4 years and to the state 3 out of the last 4. Having a teams number for 1 year does not equate owning that team. When I talk about no class I'm not talking about childish behavior like blowing a horn, I'm talking about a drunk Overton fan about 40 years old, drunk as a skunk, standing behind Franklin's students cursing and antagonizing them. And this was just 2 weeks ago, I didn't have to go back almost 6 years.